Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:02:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Poetry/Prose (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  MY DEAR BRIDE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY DEAR BRIDE  (Read 1299 times)
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2007, 11:35:59 PM »

It is so nice to be back at CU.....but since I went so long wothout a computer, I cannot remember if I shared this before...so here it is....I wrote this a few years ago......Roy.

My Dear Bride;

I Write Unto You That You May Know What I Think About Our Relationship.

When You Became My Bride, We Both Rejoiced. Our Hearts Were Filled With Love For Each Other. It Seemed We Could Not Contain The Joy We Felt.

But, My Darling Bride, That Aspect Of Our Relationship Did Not Last Long. It Wasn't Long Before We Started Spending Less And Less Time Together.

Even Though, Because Of The Circumstances, We Are Together Every Minute Of The Day, You Act Most Of The Time As If I Wasn't Even There.

Though I Have Made It Known To You Many Times Over How Much I Desire To Be A Part Of All That You Do, You Pretend Not To Hear Me. You Don't Include Me In 95% Of What You Do.

I Agree, You Do Take Time Each Day To Spend 15 Minutes Or So With Me. But I Thought Marriage Meant More Than That.

I Also Agree, That I Enjoy The Family Get-togethers We Have Once A Week Or So. But Even Then You Spend More Talking To The Family Than You Do Talking To Me.

And, Even When You Do Talk To Me, You Rarely Listen To What I Have To Say.

I Don't Mean To Complain: But When We Got Married, You Promised To Love, Honor, And Obey Me. What Happened To The Vows You Said Unto Me?

The Way I See It, We Don't Really Have A Meaningful Relationship. You Spend More Time Each Week Watching T.V. Than You Spend With Me. You Are More Concerned With What Others Think About You, Than What I Think About You.

Because I Love You, And Because I Would Never Divorce You, We Will Remain Married. But I Want You To Know That Your Attitude Towards Me Is Breaking My Heart.

I Hope This Letter Helps You To See How Much I Love You, And How Much I Desire A More Meaningful Relationship.

Your Loving Bridegroom,

Jesus

As with all my poems or writings, they belong to Him, so feel free to do with them anything you so desire.....Roy.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 02:25:21 AM »

AMEN BROTHER ROY!

I don't know if this was posted before or not, but it doesn't matter. It's beautiful, TRUE, and worthy of our thoughts every day.

I know that some Christians don't understand the beautiful relationship between THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST AND CHRIST HIMSELF. This is the model we are given for our earthly marriages.

1 - CHRIST died on the CROSS for HIS CHURCH - THE LIVING BODY OF CHRIST - a LIVING organism of believers - not a brick and mortar building.

2 - A man is to love his wife as much as CHRIST loved HIS CHURCH - enough to die for her.

3 - CHRIST is the HEAD of the LIVING BODY OF CHRIST, and CHRIST is also to be the HEAD over all Christian homes.

4 - The relationship between the LIVING BODY OF CHRIST AND CHRIST IS PURE AND HOLY. Our earthly marriages are also supposed to be PURE AND HOLY, and that can only be if CHRIST is the HEAD of the home.

Some find this beautiful TRUTH hard to understand, but this is a worthy subject to study and understand. The ONE TRUE CHURCH has always been ALIVE in CHRIST. Believers are made ONE in the BODY OF CHRIST, and the MARRIAGE between believers and CHRIST IS FOR ETERNITY! CHRIST will keep HIS PROMISES!

Brother, thanks for sharing with us. It's beautiful and SO TRUE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 21:23 NASB  And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.

adnerb7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 09:37:58 AM »

Beautiful!
Love an blessing from our Heavenly Father
B.L.

Brenda
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the