Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:08:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Abundance of the Heart (pt. 1)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Abundance of the Heart (pt. 1)  (Read 788 times)
mejbaker

I'm a New Creation.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 28, 2003, 07:25:14 PM »

Proverbs 6:2  you are snared by the words of your own mouth; you are taken by the words of your mouth.

Proverbs 12:6  The words of the wicked are, "Lie in wait for blood,'' but the mouth of the upright will deliver them.

In both of these scriptures we see that words can make or break us.  Proverbs 6:2  says, you are snared.  Another way of saying this is you are trapped or entangled. Your words put you in a place of entrapment. We also see in Proverbs 12:6.  that the mouth of the upright will deliver them. Your words have the power to entrap you and your words have the power to set you free, or liberate you. Words are not just sound waves traveling through the air. They are the spoken abundance of your heart. Lets look at the words of Jesus.

-- New American Standard
Matthew 12:34.  You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.
35.  The good man out of his good treasure brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of his evil treasure brings forth what is evil.
36.  And I say to you, that every careless word that men shall speak, they shall render account for it in the day of judgment.
37.  For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned."

Justification or condemnation,  to be entangled or delivered,  all with the exercise of our spoken words.  This should be a wake up call to us. We should endeavor to line our words up with God's words.

Proverbs 18:21  Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Death and life our in our power, God has given us a free choice. We must choose to speak either life or death.  God can not,  nor will He do it for us.  We will do the speaking that will cause life or death, and will be held accountable to God for our words.
 There is a spiritual law in effect concerning what we say. You might say I’ve never heard of such a thing. We have seen so far, the rules God has established in his Word. These rules can not be broken or overridden. I like to listen to people, and really hear what they say. You can locate them by their words. You know what I mean by locate them? You can see where they are coming from, and I have learned you can see where they are going as a result of their words. As we just read there is life and death in the power of the tongue. And also, but the mouth of the upright will deliver them.  Jesus talked about this spiritual law of saying in Marks Gospel.

Mark 11:23  "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says.
24.  "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
25.  "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
26. "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.''

You’ll notice Jesus said says 3 times and He only said to believe one time. I am convinced we have to believe God's Word to see things come to pass, yet the Word of God is not hap hazard in the way it says things. The fact that Jesus said to say something three times and believe something only once shows us an important truth. What we say is of very great importance, what we say will come to pass if it is what we believe. It is understood that what we say is what we believe. We already read out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. What we say is the hearts abundance, therefore it is what we believe.
You will notice Jesus did not say,  you shall have what you believe, but He said;  he will have whatever he says.  I’m not saying all of this to confuse any one, but to just make a point,  it is in the saying that brings the having.  If we don’t say it, we won’t have it. Another way of saying this is;  we will never rise above our confession.        

I encourage you to take stock of what you say and to start paying attention to your words.
If you start to listen to people, you will see this spiritual law at work. You will hear people say things like, if any body is going to get sick, it’s going to be me, I always get sick this time of year. Sure enough they do don’t they? Or I’m going to loose my job, I’m always one of the first that gets laid off, or I just know my hours are going to get cut. My children are out of control and there is nothing I can do about it. I’m not sure I’m going to make it this time. If you really start listening to people talk, you will hear their abundance. Remember what Jesus said; The good man out of his good treasure brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of his evil treasure brings forth what is evil.
For out of the abundance your heart speaks, and out of that spoken abundance reality comes whether good or bad, negative or positive, life or death. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Jesus is calling this abundance good and evil. We have got to put a bridle on our mouth as James said.
James 1:26  If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless.

As Jesus said in,  Mk. 11: 24. but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. Jesus said this, not Joe the druggist down the street, I hope I’m not offending any druggist named Joe, I’m making a point. If you believe something in your heart and speak it out of your mouth, it will come to pass, not, it might come to pass, it will. Jesus said so, and He is not a liar. His words are spirit and they are life.  Jn. 6:63.        What Jesus said is the Word of God. We should pay attention to it.

This spiritual law is what creates the new birth, Paul talked about it in the book of Romans.

Romans 10:8  But what does it say? The word is near you, even in your mouth and in your heart, that is the word of faith which we preach:
9.  that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10.  For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation.

This law is always in effect, and will always bring the results of our lips. Eternal life starts this way. I would like to encourage you to receive this free gift, it won’t cost you a thing. All you have to do is pray this prayer.

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. Your word says, “…and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.”   (Jn.6:37),   So I know You won’t cast me out, but You take me in, And I thank you for it.  You said in your Word,   "whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.''     (Ro. 10:13).
I am calling on Your name,  So I know You have saved me now, You also said, “…that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation.”     (Ro.10:9,10).
I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe He was raised from the dead for my justification. And I confess Him now as my Lord, Because Your Word says, “… with the heart one believes to righteousness…” and I do believe with my heart, I have now become the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Cor. 5:21),
And I am saved!            Thank You, Lord!
I can now truthfully say,  I see myself as a born again child of God!

Glory to God!!!!          Amen.

The Olive Branch

In Christ, Mark
The Olive Branch
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 07:42:53 PM »

Very good.

Most of the time, the word SPIRIT can be a synonym for the HEART. We know that the Word of God is spiritual. As we feed on God's Word, it affects our recreated human spirits in a positive way and the expression of those changes is made by speaking out with the mouth what is in abundance in our hearts(spirits).

aw
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the