Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:06:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God`s Appointed Time
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: God`s Appointed Time  (Read 910 times)
holypursuit

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2007, 11:25:56 AM »

Read: Luke 19: 1-10                                       God’s Appointed Time

“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Rev. 3:20

God`s day of appointment had come for Zacchaeus, Jesus said to him, “.make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.” There was no asking whether he could come, for Jesus knew perfectly well where, His father wanted him to be that day.  The only one who could say “no” was Zacchaeus, but he did not, he joyfully invited Jesus to his house. The moment Zacchaeus opened the door to Jesus, salvation entered that house. We do not read of any conversation between Zacchaeus and Jesus but, we see a changed man who makes a promise to Jesus of repaying all he had stolen and more. Jesus said, “This day is salvation come to this house, forasmuch as he also is a son of Abraham.” Luke 19:9 Zacchaeus had a curiosity to see who this Jesus was, we don’t know why he was so curious but it was enough to get him up a tree and watch. Zacchaeus was in the right place at the right time and he had a life changing experience.

We can have areas in our lives which are not fully yielded to God. The reason why you might not yet see change in your situation may be, because you have not sought the Lords help or Gods appointed time has not come or, Jesus has knocked on the door and you have been unwilling to allow Him into your situation. When the Saviour enters your situation things change. Zacchaeus could have made excuses; he could have listened to the crowd who were indignant that Jesus chose to go to a sinner’s house. However he chose to allow Jesus into his home. We may refuse help from God because we listen to the crowd who tell us how bad our situation is. There is nothing impossible with God. There is no wrongdoing which Jesus cannot make right. Accept His acceptance of you and surrender your situations to Him you can enjoy freedom today! “For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” 2 Cr.6:2

The freedom of Zacchaeus meant help for many people. His accusers had been angry with him for his dishonesty. They did not realise their blessing was locked up in Zacchaeus`s release. The crowd had grumbled at Zacchaeus and no one really liked him, sometimes we don’t realise that those who have done us wrong really need to meet Jesus. When they are helped our help comes too. We need to pray for them that they will meet with Jesus and be set free. Jesus had to go to Zacchaeus home for release to come to the entire city. Your situation is not just about you, others are connected to your freedom and the blessing on your life is for others too. We see this again on another occasion when Jesus told his disciples I must go through Samaria. That was another divine appointment made by the Father. In that trip he met the woman at the well, and that resulted in many coming to Jesus.
“And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.” 1Cr.12:26

Jesus always said what He heard and did what He saw His father do. He would spend much time with His father in prayer seeking His will. At one time His brothers urged him to go to Jerusalem his reply to them was, “My time is not yet come: but your time is always ready.” John 7: 6 Even as a child of twelve Jesus was found in the temple teaching and was amazed at his parents for having searched for him, to Jesus doing the Fathers will was the most natural thing. There was no question about it. He always desired to know what was on the Fathers heart and proceeded to do it. Jesus lived with a heavenly mind set; He knew his mission on earth was not about doing His will but about doing the Fathers will.

May we live as Jesus did with Gods interests on our heart, seeking to know and do His perfect will. When we live that way many will be set free and saved and God will be glorified. Amen.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” John 1:12
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the