Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:48:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  John Wayne "Westerns".....suggestions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Wayne "Westerns".....suggestions  (Read 11896 times)
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 02:14:34 PM »

Stagecoach is in Technicolor...

Have you ever seen Cat Ballou?...I love the horse that kept leaning...

I also think the movie...Paint Your Wagon is good too...

Have you ever seen North to Alaska?  I meant to put it on my list...ever since my stroke...I have a little trouble with memory...but..getting better....Tonight I am watching a true story..."King Maker"  My husband got it free from work...

I thought I did see Stagecoach in color on tv some years ago....maybe the library got an older version or else the one on tv had been "colorized".   This one was when John Ford was first casting a young John Wayne and other people thought he shouldn't.  The lady lead (lady of the night) got top billing over John Wayne in this version....I forgot her name.  Was it Claire Trevor?

Saw Cat Ballou as a kid....maybe I'll get it again.  It's good to laugh.

I've seen North to Alaska many, many years ago.  Again, have forgotten it!  I guess that's normal, hope so.  Smiley

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 04:05:10 PM »

Since we have already digressed off of John Wayne westerns...what about Silverado.  I thought that was just a great flick as well.  And when Danny Glover said "I don wanna kill you, and you don't wanna be dead" I was just a hollerin in the theatre.  Smiley

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 04:59:46 PM »

Oh yes. Silverado is good..Okay...what about Pale Rider ..sequel to Hang Em High?...
the spaghetti westerns...My father loved Clint Eastwood movies...I watched the Gautlet last night...My favorite Clint Eastwood movie is..Bronco Billy"
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 09:21:41 PM »

Stagecoach is in Technicolor...

Have you ever seen Cat Ballou?...I love the horse that kept leaning...

I also think the movie...Paint Your Wagon is good too...
I liked Lee Marvin riding that horse, he did some good acting in Cat Ballou.  Yup, Paint Your Wagon is very good, I bought the DVD.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 06:12:53 PM »

Just saw some Clint Eastwood DVDs at the library....we can only get 3 DVDs/videos at a time, so they'll have to wait a while.  Now I remember Silverado....just the title, that is!  Smiley

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 12:20:31 AM »

This is definately not a western, but I would like to watch "The Great Escape" with Steve McQueen, the Cooler King...and "The Right Stuff"...I use to have these movies..but I don't have them any more...I guess I will check the library...
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 07:34:47 PM »

This is not a Western either....but have you ever seen The Naked Prey?  I think it is a true story....I saw it a couple of times when I was a kid.  It's about a man in Africa and the natives that captured him, strip him and give him a head start, and then a few natives start to chase him.  If they catch him, they will kill him.  It is quite an interesting story as I recall in his quest for survival.  I want to see if our library has it....Cornell Wilde starred in it, I believe.  I always like true stories.

Another very good movie (not a Western) I just watched was the British (BBC) version of Persuasion by Jane Austen.  Very good story, acting and lovely scenery.  It was voted Best Picture of the Year (1995, I think).  This might be more of a movie for ladies....it's PG rated.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 07:36:45 PM by Debp » Logged

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 11:55:44 PM »

I would love to watch the Money Pit...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the