Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  An Inheritance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Inheritance  (Read 864 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2007, 12:44:51 PM »

One thing that some fathers try to do is to leave an inheritance of some sort to their children. It may be land, a home, perhaps even an amount of money. Even a poor man can provide a way for his children to have an opportunity to receive an inheritance. This is an inheritance that we ourselves have an opportunity to receive. Isn't that good news? Receiving riches that we did not have to do anything to earn. An inheritance that is received simply because we are the child of a loving father.

That inheritance is a mansion in heaven and crowns. Being able to eat from the tree of life. No more pain or sorrow. Praising the Lord in fellowship with all of our brothers and sisters. What greater riches are there to be had!

Are you providing your children with the opportunity to receive that selfsame inheritance. Are you teaching your children of the love of Christ. Are you bringing your children up in the ways of the Lord. Or are you leaving it up to someone else to provide for them, perhaps leading them to complete poverty or just leaving them on their own in hopes that they may find those riches by themselves.

Will you attempt to pass that inheritance on to your children or will you whittle it all away.

Tell your children of the wonderful Gospel today.

Psa 16:5  The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.
Psa 16:6  The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

Psa 127:3  Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psa 127:4  As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
Psa 127:5  Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Pro 11:4  Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.

Pro 22:1  A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

Mat 6:19  Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

2Ti 4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the