Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:18:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Recommendation for Activities for Preschoolers?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recommendation for Activities for Preschoolers?  (Read 5574 times)
alicia_see

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2007, 12:26:10 PM »

Hi all.  I'm a stay-at-home mum with 3 kids (3+, 2+ & 9mth old). I need some advices on how to occupy my kids.  Anyone can share what do you normally do with your preschooler/toddler/infant?  Any good website with craft ideas to recommend?

Thanks!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 12:56:24 PM »

Hi Alicia,

I don't have any web sites that I can recommend right now but I can recommend some activities. I suggest some coloring pages with some color safe, washable crayons. I have seen some that are Christian oriented on the internet that I don't currently have the address to but I am sure that a search would find them. Perhaps a few dvd's of Christian cartoons may help also.

I am currently designing materials for children that are of a Christian nature and would be absolutely free but it will be awhile before they are ready.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 01:48:56 PM »

Hello Alicia,

I would like to make the following recommendations for now:

ChristiansUnite KIDS
http://kids.christiansunite.com/

Library of Congress - Founding
http://lcweb.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/religion.html

Library of Congress - Religious Freedom And Founding
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel06-2.html

Christians Unite does have an excellent variety of materials for Children of various age groups. It's all free, so please take a look. I'm sure that our Administrator would love to hear from you if you're able to use these materials with your children.

I listed the Library of Congress because I know that they provide many free services to teachers. You would have to do a couple of searches and probably find all kinds of guided activities for various age groups. My wife is a teacher and has used some of their materials. The wonderful thing about the Library of Congress is that it's a public archive that would take many years just to look at. I'm almost certain that I also remember links that were for teachers. If I'm wrong, there are still tremendous resources available there. It would simply be a matter of collecting and organizing them.

We have quite a few folks on the forum who do homeschool their children, so I hope that they see this thread and others related to homeschooling. I'm positive there are many good and free resource sites for homeschoolers. I'm looking for sites now for my grandchildren, so I'll try to share whatever I find. In terms of excellent Christian materials, there are many sites that do offer free religious materials. I know that you need much more than just religious materials, and so does my daughter.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the material Pastor Roger is working on. I know there are educational packages that homeschoolers can buy, but many of them involve considerable sums of money that average people just don't have. Homeschoolers are already sacrificing one income to care for their children, so there is a drastic need to cut costs and make many of their own materials from available resources. I'm not talking about breaking the law - just using materials that will be made available by people like Pastor Roger. We can use our own paper, ink, and other supplies but still make it so average people can afford to use excellent materials.

Brother Roger, please correct me if my thinking about what you're doing right now is wrong. I just assumed that you couldn't afford to print and bind material to give away to those who needed it. I also know that you will have expenses with whatever method you choose. I think that you will find many who will want to help you in whatever way that they can, and I will be one of those folks.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 24:3-4 NASB  By wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; And by knowledge the rooms are filled With all precious and pleasant riches.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 02:18:55 PM »

I forgot about the great materials that Christians Unite has for children. There is even an area for free online games. My mind is kind of fried from working on this type of materials this morning.  Wink Cheesy Cheesy

I just assumed that you couldn't afford to print and bind material to give away to those who needed it. I also know that you will have expenses with whatever method you choose.

No, I don't have the funds to put it into print. My plans at the moment are to make it available on the internet where people can use it right there or print it out themselves. As of right now I have no expenses to output on this, just my time involved. Although that may change later as I get more into it.

I think that you will find many who will want to help you in whatever way that they can, and I will be one of those folks.

All help will be greatly appreciated. Any materials must not be copyrighted or of your own making and the willingness to share those materials for free. Anyone that may do so will get the credits for it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 03:20:06 PM »

Pastor Roger,

Brother, I may be about to do something that I've been thinking about and praying about for a long time. I should have prefaced this with "LORD Willing", and my health with have much to do with what I can do.

I've located 15 gigabytes of hosted Christian Web Space with a price that I can afford. I've been thinking about a repository of free Christian materials that are carefully selected and presented in several formats:  1) An attractive format for viewing with font sizes large enough for nearly everyone to use;  2) A command button to present the same material in a format for printing;  3) Archived and compressed files for downloading. All of the material would obviously have to be completely legal and glorify GOD. I would also hope to have many new and original materials submitted by many pastors. I would also seek permission from many pastors to post beautiful work that I already know about. If things work out, I would love to host your materials at no cost at all and help you post them.

Brother, I'm still checking this out, but I can't find anything negative about the space being offered. There is a guarantee that the servers will be up 99.9% of the time, and they have a room full of massive servers. Further, they have a staff of all Christians to make sure that everything works and provide assistance to their customers being hosted. It doesn't appear that they are doing much more than trying to cover their costs. I'll let you know more later and see what you think.

In the meantime, I'll be praying for your work.

KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 4:36-38 NASB  "Already he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for life eternal; so that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. "For in this case the saying is true, 'One sows and another reaps.' "I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored and you have entered into their labor."

Ephesians 4:11-13 NASB  And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

Romans 12:1-2 NASB  Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

1 Peter 1:3 NASB  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 03:56:16 PM »

I should have prefaced this with "LORD Willing", and my health with have much to do with what I can do.

That should be so with all of us, brother.

That web site and the offer sounds good. Worth looking into any way.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the