Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:24:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Pls pray for my family
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pls pray for my family  (Read 1598 times)
alicia_see

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:24:49 PM »

Hi all! So glad to have found this forum for Christians.

I'm from Singapore. I'm a stay-at-home mum with 3 kids. Since the birth of my 1st kid more than 3 years ago, my husband & I have encountered major problems in our marriage. Being 1st time parents, we struggle & had a lot of disagreements with child-rearing. Plus, added financial burdens after I quit my job to take care of baby. It's also at this time, both my parents-in-law had just retired so they had been interfering with the ways we (or mainly me) want to raise our kids. There's a lot of crashes in our moral values since they're not Christians.  Worst of all, my husband had not been understanding & in particular, even pit against me & said that "I'm the PROBLEM!"  Daily, I lived in torments & constantly thinking of divorce & suicide.

After 1 year (after I had my 2nd kid), we went for counselling.  Things did improved a bit.  We ended the counselling sessions slightly more than 1 year later (just before I gave birth to my 3rd kid).  But we have been very lax in spending time to pray together & to communicate.

Lately, I've been feeling very discouraged to the point of giving up.  The burdens of taking care of 3 very young kids, shouldering my husband's work stress & midlife crisis, parents-in-laws' aging & marital problems (father-in-law had adultery with aunt-in-law & just last year, had gone out secretly with my maid), sister-in-law's family problems & constant criticisms/jealousy.

I find it so hard to encourage myself.  The church that we're attending is not at all relational.  They placed great emphasis on ministry & giving.  I find that this is tearing my family apart.  My husband's heart/mind is always trying to help others & is NOT with the family.  He even find me very "unspiritual" because I'm not serving in the church ministry.  The church leaders advocate priorities in this order - God, ministry, then family, career.  I feel so isolated - from my husband, the church, & the outside world.

Please pray for my marriage, God's protection over my children & particularly, please pray for me.

Thanks!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 12:39:16 PM »

Hi alicia_see,

Welcome to Christians Unite. I'm glad that you found us also. I will be glad to pray for you and your family.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 02:38:04 PM »

Continued prayers for you.

One thing to remember is that we should always place God first.  As far as the church goes they at least had that right.  All other things we call priorities should come under the obedience of the first.  And we can only learn the Will of God through reading the Bible and prayer. 

And it is only through this that we can learn many different things like how to relate to our spouses, what God wants in a marriage, how to raise our children, etc. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 06:47:12 PM »

Welcome, alicia_see!  I'm glad you have joined us.  You will find good Christian fellowship here, and also a few good laughs.  Please do not be discouraged, God is with you.  I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
alicia_see

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 01:03:17 AM »

Thank you so much for praying for us.  I'm feeling uplifted in my spirit.  Thank you for all your encouragements.  I will certainly put God 1st & hang on to Him real tight, trusting Him to teach me & to change me all of the way.  I want to finish this race that the Lord has set before me & to fight a good fight of faith.

Just want to let you guys know that I really appreciate your friendships & you're so wonderful.  Let's encourage one another ok!

Take care & God bless you richly!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 01:19:59 AM »

Sister,

I'm very happy to hear that you are feeling uplifted and encouraged. Prayer is part of our fellowship with each other, and we can all definitely encourage and strengthen each other in CHRIST.

I also want to fight a good fight, run a good race, and finish my course according to the perfect Will of GOD. Our best thing to do is simply keep praying, yield to HIS Will in our lives, and let GOD make our JOY more full.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:17 NASB  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Colossians 1:29 NASB  For this purpose also I labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me.

Romans 10:8-10 NASB  But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 12:20:13 AM »

Praising the Lord for your uplifted spirit.  May He send a special blessing.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 08:00:41 PM »

Thank you so much for praying for us.  I'm feeling uplifted in my spirit.  Thank you for all your encouragements.  I will certainly put God 1st & hang on to Him real tight, trusting Him to teach me & to change me all of the way.  I want to finish this race that the Lord has set before me & to fight a good fight of faith.

Just want to let you guys know that I really appreciate your friendships & you're so wonderful.  Let's encourage one another ok!

Take care & God bless you richly!

Hi Alicia!  Glad you are here and have been encouraged.  By the way, I've been to Singapore twice....lovely city/country.

God loves you and you are seen as righteous through Christ, remember that, no matter what others may say about you.  I pray your husband will see that he should put his family after God, then comes ministry.  Also, you are taking care of 3 small children....that's quite a big job for you already!  To raise your children as God would have you to do is a wonderful ministry....I hope your husband will realize this.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 08:27:24 PM »

Hello alicia_see, sorry I missed this prayer request.  Yes I'll be praying for your financial burden to be eased, your children, and husband.

Please remember to pray yourself sister.

Colossians 1:9-10 For this reason we also, from the day we heard of it, have not ceased to pray and make [special] request for you, [asking] that you may be filled with the full (deep and clear) knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom in comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God] and in understanding and discernment of spiritual things-- 10 That you may walk (live and conduct yourselves) in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and desiring to please Him in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing and increasing in and by the knowledge of God [with fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and recognition].

2 Thessalonians 1:11 With this in view we constantly pray for you, that our God may deem and count you worthy of [your] calling and [His] every gracious purpose of goodness, and with power may complete in [your] every particular work of faith (faith which is that leaning of the whole human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness).

James 5:13 Is anyone among you afflicted (ill-treated, suffering evil)? He should pray. Is anyone glad at heart? He should sing praise [to God].

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the