Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:39:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Have you Heard?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have you Heard?  (Read 1099 times)
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2003, 08:12:49 PM »

Have you heard GOD talking to you?I was at a church service one time long ago and i seen a very young boy who was in a wheel chair,something was telling me to go to him to touch him to talk to him,being the shy person iam i did not.Though this feeling stayed persistent i denied it.I know now what was happening,and i geuss i knew then.Everytime i think of that i feel awful,did i turn GOD away?by not listening?

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 10:05:41 PM »

Have you heard GOD talking to you?I was at a church service one time long ago and i seen a very young boy who was in a wheel chair,something was telling me to go to him to touch him to talk to him,being the shy person iam i did not.Though this feeling stayed persistent i denied it.I know now what was happening,and i geuss i knew then.Everytime i think of that i feel awful,did i turn GOD away?by not listening?

Oklahoma Howdy to Jabez,

This is a very personal thing between you and God. For lack of a better analogy, the Holy Spirit is a conscience of good and bad many times multiplied, but the conscience is of God, not man. The Holy Spirit will not lead you to do something bad. If you are sent, God will give you what you need when you get there. In fact, God may use what you consider to be your weakness for HIS purpose. Or, God may be molding you for HIS purpose.

I almost forgot to answer your real question. Yes, I have heard. All of God's children are many times called or sent for HIS purpose. Our faith and fellowship is strengthened when we obey and go. "Obey" is really not a good word in this context. It is a joy to do something for HIS purpose, whatever it might be. It could be as dangerous as being a missionary, as hazardous as being a counsellor at a Bible Camp  Cheesy, or cooking or cleaning at the church. All of God's work is important.  KEEP LOOKING UP! and seek HIS will.

Love In Christ,
Tom
« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 10:15:38 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 10:49:53 PM »

Jabez, don't worry. Next time you feel the prompting, you will respond. It caught you off guard maybe the first time. Who knows-maybe it was preparation for the next time. I wouldn't worry about it now. Just look for another opportunity, ask God for it, even. You can even ask Him for another opportunity to talk to this person. One way or another, He knows your heart and He will give you the opportunity you are seeking.

Ralph

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 12:19:55 PM »

Jabez--Read 1 kings 19:9-13. Although the word of God
given as a revelation to the earth is complete and only false prophets now say to men, "hear now this new word from God,"
yet the Holy Spirit is still with us, manifests Himself to us, as Jesus said He would, and guides us. We must learn to be as Samuel--"Speak, Lord, for your servant heareth," being careful all the while that the impression we have received is
in accordance with the way we have been taught to serve Him, lest human imaginations lead us astray. The impulse you received certainly seems to have been from Him. Don't be discouraged that you failed to follow through. There will be other opportunities. It is wonderful to realize that the "still small voice" is His.
  As a truck driver, He would awaken me if I had miscalculated
my travel times to the dock and awaken me earlier than I had set my alarm clock for. A strange awakening--like: BANG! all of a sudden WIDE awake without any sleepyheadiness at all. Even if I had been short on sleep before, I would suddenly be awake and FULLY rested, wanting to roll. It took me awhile to learn what was happening. What made me realize that He was
helping me was the time I got that sudden awakening and thought, "I have time to sleep another 15 minutes." Well, guess how late I was when I got to the dock? From then on I knew that when He awoke me, I must move or be late.
C.H. Spurgeon said of the Lord that nothing is so great as to be beyond His control or so small as to be beneath His notice.
and the SCRIPTURE says, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord"
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 06:07:10 PM »

This was probably your inner self talking to you and you did not heed and now feel guilty. Yor should not, Everyone is different and not all are outgoing. It is ok to be shy.

God talks to us through His word. He forms the very being of the inner man through obedience to His word. His Spirit becomes one with our spirit. The outer self will reflect this inner self and your very being in physical form becomes a witness testifying God in all His majesty.

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the