Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:19:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Ban on 'mom' and 'dad' considered – again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ban on 'mom' and 'dad' considered – again  (Read 20856 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2008, 09:49:38 AM »

School holds surprise 'Gay' Day for kindergartners
Parents outraged at public elementary's secretive 'coming out' event

Some parents are shocked to find their children are learning to be homosexual allies and will participate in "Coming Out Day" at a public elementary school tomorrow – and they claim the school failed to notify parents.

One mother of a kindergartner who attends Faith Ringgold School of Art and Science, a K-8 charter school in Hayward, Calif., said she asked her 5-year-old daughter what she was learning at school.

The little girl replied, "We're learning to be allies."

The mother also said a Gay Straight Alliance club regularly meets in the kindergarten classroom during lunch.

According to a Pacific Justice Institute report, Faith Ringgold opted not to inform the parents of its pro-homosexual activities beforehand. The school is celebrating "Gay and Lesbian History Month" and is in the process of observing "Ally Week," a pro-"gay" occasion usually geared toward high school students.

The school is scheduled to host discussions about families and has posted fliers on school grounds portraying only homosexuals. According to the report, a "TransAction Gender-Bender Read-Aloud" will take place Nov. 20. Students will listen to traditional stories with "gay" or transgender twists, to include "Jane and the Beanstalk."

Some parents only recently noticed posters promoting tomorrow's "Coming Out Day." When WND contacted the school to confirm the event, a representative replied, "Yes, it is scheduled on our calendar."

When asked if the school made any efforts to inform parents, she refused to answer and said the Hayward Unified School District would have to respond to additional questions. However, the district did not answer its phones or e-mails, and a voicemail recording would not take messages. "Coming Out Day" is not listed on the district's online school calendar.

Some of the parents contacted Pacific Justice Institute for representation when they learned the school was pushing pro-"gay" events for young children without warning.

Brad Dacus, president of Pacific Justice Institute, said opponents of California's proposed ban on same-sex marriage, or Proposition 8, often say the measure would not have an effect on public schools – but this is one of many recent developments that prove otherwise.

"Do we need any further proof that gay activists will target children as early as possible?" he asked. "Opponents of traditional marriage keep telling us that Prop. 8 has nothing to do with education. In reality, they want to push the gay lifestyle on kindergartners, and we can only imagine how much worse it will be if Prop. 8 is defeated. This is not a scenario most Californians want replayed in their elementary schools."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2008, 07:54:12 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

For Christians, the answers are really easy for us because the Bible has all of the instructions we need. We need to be sharing the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD, praying, and COME OUT AND AWAY FROM EVIL. I'm not hinting that we should stop sharing the GOSPEL and witnessing to people. I'm just saying that we should in NO WAY CALL EVIL GOOD, and SILENCE many times amounts to that. It's far past time to take our children out of public schools and SAY NO TO THE DEVIL TEACHING OUR CHILDREN!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2008, 08:31:18 PM »

If Obama and his cohorts get their way it will soon be illegal for us to teach our own children and the agenda above plus a whole lot worse will be mandatory for all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2008, 11:03:59 PM »

If Obama and his cohorts get their way it will soon be illegal for us to teach our own children and the agenda above plus a whole lot worse will be mandatory for all.

Brother,

I've thought about this many times. It's a matter of prayer, and I think that GOD will provide. I have no doubt that things are going to get much more difficult, regardless of what happens in the election. The circumstances will dictate what we pray about. We both have grown children, but we also both have grandchildren. I can't stand the thought of someone teaching my grandchildren filth and trying to snare them for the devil. At this point, I believe that GOD will provide the path at the right time if we pray and yield ourselves to HIS Will. We might also think strongly that the time of the RAPTURE is soon. Regardless, we are talking about sending our children and grandchildren THROUGH THE FIRE. My first thoughts are that they would have to kill me first. Considerable prayer and Bible study would really be necessary to yield to GOD'S Will - not mine and not some agent of the devil. We still have many legal avenues to use and try. Regardless, we know that the devil is coming, and the Great Restrainer will be removed by GOD to allow the devil to do his worst during portions of the Tribulation Period. The Great Restrainer is the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD, and we have HIM living in our hearts. Just think - we may be part of the GREAT RESTRAINER, and these events will have much to do with the timing of the RAPTURE. I know there are many thoughts and differences on this topic, and I didn't mean this as an argument - rather for thought. As Members of the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, we have already been delivered from the WRATH TO COME. The big question involves the level of WRATH and WHO'S WRATH. As Christians, we are already SAVED, but GOD didn't promise us an easy time without suffering. We both know that our PROMISES as Christians are literally OUT OF THIS WORLD for Eternity. The time could come soon when Christians are killed for refusal to deny CHRIST and submit to the devil. YES - I'm talking about this part of the world. That would be a reasonable service for CHRIST. We could also be called to fight. We don't know yet, and much will be and MUST be a matter of prayer. We could also be led like lambs to the slaughter.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 6:11-20  Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;  15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;  16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:  18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;  19  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,  20  For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2008, 06:38:21 PM »

Californians tell court 'marriage' is 1-man-1-woman
'If you introduce counterfeit, it devalues original'

Voters in California have rejected the opinion of four justices on their state Supreme Court who created homosexual "marriage" in May, approving a constitutional amendment that means from this point on only marriage between one man and one woman is "valid or recognized" in the state.

Proposition 8 was approved by a margin of several hundred thousands votes, or 52 percent to 48 percent, according to state officials.

The verdict comes just months after the May ruling from the state Supreme Court that "created" the state designation of "marriage" for same-sex couples. State officials even rewrote marriage licenses to designate "Party A" and "Party B" instead of "bride" and "groom."

That, however, has been thrown out by voters, although several political leaders and "gay" couples already have announced plans to challenge the now-constitutional definition of marriage as "unconstitutional."

In other elections yesterday, Florida and Arizona also approved "gay" marriage bans for their state constitutions, raising to 30 the number of states where voters have embedded protections for traditional one-man-one-woman marriage in their constitutions.

Matt Barber, director of cultural affairs with both Liberty Alliance Action and Liberty Counsel, called the results a "mandate."

(Story continues below)

And he said, through the votes, Americans were condemning "the rampant judicial activism which has forced the silly and oxymoronic, though very harmful, notion into popular lexicon."

"Although president-elect Obama has indicated his opposition to both the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and all constitutional marriage protection amendments, this election proves that he is sorely out of step with the American people on these issues. … The passage of these three state constitutional amendments is an indicator that Obama, who has pledged full support for every single demand of extremist homosexual pressure groups, must recalibrate his far-left positions on these and other social issues if he wishes to be an effective leader," he said.

"The institution of legitimate marriage is a cornerstone of any healthy society. If you introduce counterfeit money into society, it devalues the dollar. By the same token, if you introduce counterfeit 'gay marriage' into society, it devalues the institution of natural marriage. President-elect Obama owes his African-American supporters and the rest of America assurances that he will work to protect the cornerstone institution of legitimate marriage and reject the free-speech killing, religious liberties chilling agenda of the radical homosexual lobby," Barber said.

San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera has promised to challenge Proposition 8, the Associated Press reported.

The report also said the first lesbian couple "married" in Los Angeles County also will argue the new provision is unconstitutional.

A commentary at Dakota Voice.com said the "mess" in California will have to be cleaned up, because of the thousands of same-sex marriages based on the state Supreme Court's ruling.

"The question will be what happens to these unions that for a time were blessed by official state sanction," the editorial said.

Randy Thomasson of the pro-family Campaign for Children and Families told WND that issue probably will end up before the state Supreme Court again, although the amendment now states that nothing but a marriage between a man and a woman will be "valid or recognized" in the states.

"I predicted that it would pass by a narrow majority, which it has," he said. "I will say this: America is in a moral freefall. Consider that in the year 2000, 61 percent of California voters believed marriage is only for a man and a woman. This election, it's only 52 percent who believe that. That's a nine-point loss for truth in only eight years.

"Just think what the next eight years will bring unless pastors and other leaders for moral truth become the dominant voices for truth in society. Think what will happen to children of churchgoing parents unless those parents get their children out of the godless government school system and instruct them in the ways of the Lord," he said.

The goal of advocacy for alternative sexual lifestyles, traditional marriage supporters believe, is a complete and total indoctrination of coming generations of children.

The following video, used by California's Protect Marriage.com campaign, tells the story of a Massachusetts family who objected to such teachings in a public school after the state, lacking a constitutional protection for marriage, saw judges open wide the door of marriage to same-sex duos.

Meredith Turney, a spokeswoman for Capital Resource Institute, said she was pleased "the people of California basically told these four activists judges, 'We decided this eight years ago, and four of you cannot define marriage for millions of Californians.'"

The California Supreme Court's original opinion said same-sex duos should be allowed to marry because retaining the historic definition "cannot properly be viewed as a compelling state interest."

Joining Chief Justice Ron George in the majority opinion were Carlos R. Moreno, Joyce L. Kennard and Kathryn Mickle Werdegard. Dissenting were Marvin Baxter and Ming Chin. Carol Corrigan wrote a separate dissent.

The pro-"gay" marriage campaigners also vilified the Mormon church in an ad they generated.

It shows fictional missionaries from the church group confiscating rings of two lesbians and tearing up their marriage certificate.

The Most Rev. Stephen Blaire, bishop of Stockton and president of the California Catholic Conference, called the ad "a blatant display of religious bigotry and intolerance." He said he was dismayed any media outlet would agree to run it.

In the ad, two missionaries identify themselves as Mormons and say, "We are here to take away your rights."

They go into the house, take the rings and hunt through drawers for a marriage license, which they tear up.

Rick Jacobs, of the pro-homosexual marriage campaign, told KUTV television in Salt Lake City the ad literally is a message the houses of Californians are being invaded by the Mormon church.

But Scott Trotter, an LDS spokesman, argued members are working with others in a broad-based coalition "in defense of traditional marriage."

"While we feel this is important to all of society, we have always emphasized that respect be given to those who feel differently on this issue. It is unfortunate that some who oppose this proposition have not given the church this same courtesy," he said.

In Justice Baxter's dissent to the majority opinion in California, he raised the specter of chaos soon to come.

"The bans on incestuous and polygamous marriages are ancient and deeprooted, and, as the majority suggests, they are supported by strong considerations of social policy," he wrote. "Our society abhors such relationships, and the notion that our laws could not forever prohibit them seems preposterous. Yet here, the majority overturns, in abrupt fashion, an initiative statute confirming the equally deeprooted assumption that marriage is a union of partners of the opposite sex. The majority does so by relying on its own assessment of contemporary community values, and by inserting in our Constitution an expanded definition of the right to marry that contravenes express statutory law.

"Who can say that, in 10, 15 or 20 years, an activist court might not rely on the majority's analysis to conclude, on the basis of a perceived evolution in community values, that the laws prohibiting polygamous and incestuous marriages were no longer constitutionally justified?" he wrote.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2008, 08:58:33 AM »

ACLU launches court action to overturn Prop. 8

Homosexuals and their supporters in California are vowing to fight the passage of a state constitutional amendment that defines marriage as only between a man and a woman.

Even as the last votes were being counted, the American Civil Liberties Union and other opponents of Proposition 8 filed a challenge with the state Supreme Court. They contended that it cannot be used to undermine one group's access to rights enjoyed by other citizens. (Read earlier story: "Major pro-family victory in California")

The city attorneys in Los Angeles and San Francisco also filed a request with the Supreme Court to invalidate the amendment's approval, arguing that it deprives homosexuals of constitutional rights.

This amendment became necessary after the California Supreme Court -- by a 4-to-3 decision last summer -- ruled that an earlier state referendum protecting traditional marriage was illegal.

Proposition 8, which appeared on Tuesday ballot and passed with 52 percent of the vote, overrides that court ruling by defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman. Thirty states now have adopted such measures, but the California vote marks the first time a state took away same-sex "marriage" after it had been legalized.

Exit polls on Tuesday revealed dramatic demographic gaps in the homosexual-marriage vote. While about six in 10 voters under 30 opposed the ban, about the same proportion of those 65 and older supported it. There were sharp racial discrepancies as well. Even as black voters overwhelmingly backed Barack Obama -- a homosexual-rights supporter -- in the presidential race, about seven in 10 of them voted against same-sex marriage, compared with about half of white voters.

Denise Fernandez, a 57-year-old black woman from Sacramento, said she voted for Obama and Proposition 8. "I believe a Christian is held accountable," she said.

Yes, we will be held accountable and she most certainly will be held accountable also.

Traditional marriage amendments also passed on Tuesday in Arizona and Florida, with 57 percent and 62 percent support, respectively, while Arkansas voters approved a measure aimed at homosexuals that bars unmarried couples from serving as adoptive or foster parents.

Massachusetts and Connecticut are now the only states to allow same-sex marriage.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2008, 09:26:02 AM »

'Gay' threats target Christians over same-sex 'marriage' ban
'Burn their ******* churches, then tax charred timbers'

Decisions by voters in Florida, Arizona and California to join residents of 27 other states with constitutional protections for traditional marriage have prompted threats of violence against Christians and their churches.

"Burn their ******* churches to the ground, and then tax the charred timbers," wrote "World O Jeff" on the JoeMyGod blogspot today within hours of California officials declaring Proposition 8 had been approved by a margin of 52 percent to 48 percent. Confirmation on voter approval of amendments in Florida and Arizona came earlier.

The amendments in all three states essentially limit marriage to one man and one woman. In California, the measure states the only marriages "valid and recognized" in the state are those between one man and one woman.

Thirty states now have adopted marriage amendments. However, in California, the vitriol appeared especially high since the state Supreme Court in May created same-sex marriage for homosexuals. Proposition 8 overruled the court decision, readopting the marriage definition California voters adopted in 2000.

On a blog website, "Tread" wrote, "I hope the No on 8 people have a long list and long knives."

Another contributor to the JoeMyGod website said, "While financially I supported the Vote No, and was vocal to everyone and anyone who would listen, I have never considered being a violent radical extremist for our equal rights. But now I think maybe I should consider becoming one. Perhaps that is the only thing that will affect the change we so desperately need and deserve."

A contributor identifying himself as "Joe" said, "I swear, I'd murder people with my bare hands this morning."

Matt Barber, director of cultural affairs for Liberty Counsel, called the statements "hate crimes" for their intent to create violence against someone based on their beliefs.

"This is not just a matter of some people blowing off steam because they're not happy with a political outcome. This is criminal activity," he said. "The homosexual lobby is always calling for 'tolerance' and 'diversity' and playing the role of victim. They claim to deplore violence and 'hate.' Here we have homosexuals inciting, and directly threatening, violence against Christians."

On the "Queerty" website, "Stenar" asked, "Can someone in CA please go burn down the Mormon temples there, PLEASE. I mean seriously. DO IT."

"I'm going to give them something to be ******* scared of. … I'm a radical who is now on a mission to make them all pay for what they've done," wrote "Jonathan."

Liberty Counsel's Barber said, "This is not free speech; these are 'hate crimes' under the existing definition. Imagine if Christian websites were advocating such violence against homosexuals. There'd be outrage, and rightfully so. It'd be national front-page news. Federal authorities should immediately investigate these threats and prosecute the perpetrators to the fullest extent of the law."

On yet another site, "Americablog," "scottinsf" wrote, "Trust me. I've got a big list of names of mormons and catholics that were big supporters of Prop 8. … As far as mormons and catholics … I warn them to watch their backs."

"I hope they all rot in hell, those servants of a lying, corrupt devil! BAN RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISM," wrote Angelo.

One contributor went so far as to threaten to take out his frustrations on his own family.

"You want me to come back to Idaho for Christmas? Oh wait, my partner and I can't share the same bed? We can't show any affection or any outward sign of our love for each other? Well sorry family ... no Uncle Adam and all his expensive gifts and delicious cooking for you. Your childrens' presents will now be donations in their name to the equal rights organization of my choosing. As will their and your birthday presents, wedding presents, graduation presents, and everything else I give going forward."

The writer continued, "Remember, I'm angry. And I'm strong from my years at the gym and really am ready to take my frustration out on someone or something."

Barber said the Human Rights Campaign, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force and "other leaders within the homosexual lobby" should call immediately for an end to such threats.

There were suggestions of a different type of violence, too.

"Hope the gay waiters at their hotel ****** in all the drinks they served these cretins," "Jake" wrote about protectors of traditional marriage.

"If you're planning a heterosexual wedding in California … be prepared for picketers. Designate someone to watch the parking lot … You're going to have lots of unexpected expenses. Add $500 to your budget for security. … Be prepared for the flowers not lasting to the reception or the tuxedos showing up two sizes too small or the music at the reception being a way too loud or the cake tasting a little funny," stated another threat. "Be afraid. Be very afraid. We are everywhere."

Another even listed addresses of Mormon facilities. Mormon, Catholic and other religious groups were active in supporting the marriage definition.

"I do not openly advocate firebombing or vandalism. What you do with the information is your own choice," wrote Jeremy.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2008, 11:45:41 AM »

Every single WORD from GOD is going to be fulfilled! YES - we should see it and simply give THANKS! I pity those who don't have JESUS CHRIST as LORD and SAVIOUR. They should still be our highest priority, even if we die in the attempt. We know about what GOD says about those who are persecuted in HIS NAME, and we already have our instructions about how to make our JOY MORE FULL! We simply need to Pray, YIELD, and joyfully serve the LORD! After all, we are CHILDREN OF THE KING OF KINGS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 4:1-18  Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you. We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2008, 08:16:23 PM »

Same-sex marriage rowdies single out Mormons
Protesters riot at temple, vow further action against Latter-day Saints

Police arrested two people, and photographs from the scene show angry crowds and violent confrontations in front of the Los Angeles Mormon temple yesterday as part of continued protests over the passage of California's Proposition 8 banning same-sex marriage.

As WND reported, since the ballot measure was approved by voters earlier this week, supporters of same-sex marriage have made profane and violent threats against Christians and churches.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, however, has become a focused target of anger after the church's leadership urged members to support the Yes on 8 campaign and opponents of the measure, according to the Los Angeles Times, estimate LDS members gave over $20 million to pass the ballot initiative.

Lorri L. Jean, chief executive officer of the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center, was at yesterday's massive demonstration, which swarmed the Mormon temple with an angry mob of an estimated 2,000 protesters.

"It is a travesty that the Mormon church bought this election and used a campaign of lies and deception to manipulate voters in the great state of California," Jean told the crowd, according to KTTV-TV in Los Angeles. "Today we will send a message to (LDS) President Monson that we will not tolerate being stripped of our equal rights in the name of religious bigotry."

Jeff Flint, strategist for Yes on 8, however, told the Times, "I am appalled at the level of Mormon-bashing that went on during the Proposition 8 campaign and continues to this day."

The Times reported dozens of the protesters screaming "Bigots!" and "Shame on you!" through the temple's closed gates. The newspaper's website shows dozens of photographs of protesters scaling the fences around the temple, waving signs and being restrained by police during some isolated, violent confrontations.

"As protests go, this one is remarkably long," Los Angeles Police Department Lt. John Romero told KCAL-TV in Los Angeles, four hours after the marches began. "When we talk about anti-war or immigration rights, (it) typically (lasts) one hour, two hours top."

The LDS church has been a lightning rod for anger after its role in passing Proposition 8. Last month, protesters parked an SUV painted with hate messages in front of a Mormon family of seven's home. WND reported a television commercial in which Mormon missionaries were depicted barging into a lesbian couple's home, explaining their mission to "take away your rights."

David Loder, a business manager and member of the Mormon church, told the Times his Yes on 8 yard sign was vandalized and he heard about the protest on the radio.

"As a member of the LDS church we have known [and still do] the feeling of being ridiculed and mistreated because of our faith," he said.

Still, Rick Jacobs of the Courage Campaign, which produced the "Home Invasion" commercial, told the Times he does not believe his group was bashing Mormons.

"This is not about religion," said Jacobs. "This is about a church that put itself in the middle of politics."

Jean, whose Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center organized the rally outside the temple, now says she plans to continue protesting the Mormon church's involvement.

During the rally she announced plans for a new website to raise funds for advocating same-sex marriage in California. For every $5 donated, Jean said, her organization will send a postcard to LDS President Thomas S. Monson condemning "the reprehensible role the Church of Latter-day Saints leadership played in denying all Californians equal rights under the law."

LDS officials yesterday issued a statement asking for "a spirit of mutual respect and civility."

"The church acknowledges that such an emotionally charged issue concerning the most personal and cherished aspects of life – family and marriage – stirs fervent and deep feelings," church spokeswoman Kim Farah wrote in an e-mail to the Times. "No one on either side of the question should be vilified, harassed or subject to erroneous information."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2008, 06:22:57 PM »

UM? It isn't time to call evil good, at least yet. There will be plenty of time for that in the Tribulation Period, and mankind will get more EVIL than they can stand. By the way, if EVIL has any fun, it will be short-lived. Sadly, they will learn all about the eternal wages of sin if they don't beg JESUS to help them out of their dark pit of garbage and stench. The time is getting short, but it appears that many love that dark pit of garbage and stench.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 62:1 NASB  My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation.

sentry

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2008, 10:16:37 PM »

I've often asked "what is happening to our society".  The more I read God's word, the more I understand.   Man has a battle within himself.  He wants to rule and sweep the blood of Jesus Christ away.  God destroyed Sodom for the same purpose.  Man became corrupt.  Our world is on a down-hill roll.  Some of our churches are becoming of the world. I feel that is why we as Christians need to pray together anywhere we can. On this forum, there are people from all around the world and I feel blessed to be a part of the fellowship of Jesus Christ here.  One day Christ will come and all pain, worry, heartache will be vanished away. Until that day each of us need to be a family in Jesus Christ. Love to all and God's blessings.

Every journey begins with one step, when the destination is reached the journey ends, with the next step another journey begins.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2008, 11:22:27 AM »

I've often asked "what is happening to our society".  The more I read God's word, the more I understand.   Man has a battle within himself.  He wants to rule and sweep the blood of Jesus Christ away.  God destroyed Sodom for the same purpose.  Man became corrupt.  Our world is on a down-hill roll.  Some of our churches are becoming of the world. I feel that is why we as Christians need to pray together anywhere we can. On this forum, there are people from all around the world and I feel blessed to be a part of the fellowship of Jesus Christ here.  One day Christ will come and all pain, worry, heartache will be vanished away. Until that day each of us need to be a family in Jesus Christ. Love to all and God's blessings.

AMEN SENTRY!

Brother, I think that you hit the nail square on the head, and I share your thoughts. There has been an ongoing war between good and evil for the history of mankind and before. We know that GOD can win this war anytime HE wants to, and HE Will at HIS Appointed time. I think that time is soon and I anxiously await both returns of our LORD and SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST. HIS first return won't be all the way down to the earth, rather to the clouds to catch up (RAPTURE) HIS CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. It gives me joy every time I think about this.

HIS SECOND return will be all the way down to the earth at HIS SECOND COMING to end the Tribulation Period and restore PEACE. It will be the only REAL PEACE that the world has known for these thousands of years, and ONLY JESUS CHRIST can make this kind of PEACE. JESUS CHRIST Himself will ride into battle in Great Wrath to crush evil and reserve it for Eternal Judgment. Heavenly Hosts of Armies will follow HIM into battle. JESUS CHRIST will win the war and RULE AND REIGN over the earth from the Throne of David in Jerusalem. Israel will be restored. Many people either don't know or understand that JESUS CHRIST is the Anointed KING of Israel, and HE Will claim HIS Throne and all that is HIS.

Brothers and Sisters, GOD'S Promises are beautiful to consider every day. I firmly believe that things are going to get much harder soon, but that will also mean that fulfillment of GOD'S Promises are also soon.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 7:1-4 NASB  After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, so that no wind would blow on the earth or on the sea or on any tree. And I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, having the seal of the living God; and he cried out with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, saying, "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the bond-servants of our God on their foreheads." And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2008, 11:34:56 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, GOD'S Promises are beautiful to consider every day. I firmly believe that things are going to get much harder soon, but that will also mean that fulfillment of GOD'S Promises are also soon.[/b]

Amen! "Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

Church lady meet same-sex 'marriage' protesters
Cross-carrying senior, reporter face screams, threats

An angry mob of homosexual activists in Southern California attacked an elderly bespectacled woman carrying a cross, then shouted her down during a live TV interview as she tried to explain to a reporter her defense of the state's new marriage  amendment.

"WE SHOULD FIGHT! WE SHOULD FIGHT!" screams one pro-'gay'-marriage protester as the woman, identified as Phyllis Burgess, stands calmly with a reporter waiting to be interviewed.

Another is screaming, "GET OUT OF HERE," and the reporter tells her anchor team back at the station, "As you can see we are being attacked."

The situation developed when homosexual activists gathered at the Palm Springs City Hall for a protest following voters' approve by a margin of nearly 53 percent to 47 percent a state constitutional amendment that acknowledges only a marriage between a man and a woman will be valid or recognized in California. The amendment specified that it is effective immediately.

Then Burgess appeared, carrying a cross, to portray the biblical perspective of homosexual marriage.

She barely had arrived when the cross was knocked from her hand, then stomped on the ground.

The on-scene reporter, identified as Connie Chang, tried repeatedly to complete her interview.

"She just wants to express her viewpoint, sir," she tells a protester who was waving his arms in her face.

The video later was posted on the San Francisco State University College Republicans' website.

But the worst was yet to come, said Ryan Sorba, chairman of the college group.

"The video is astounding and chilling and speaks for itself," he wrote. "The end of this video illustrates the fate of religious freedom and marriage should pro-sodomy activists ultimately legalize so-called same-sex marriage by way of activist California courts."

That's where the anchor concludes the report with: "There's a lot of anger and a lot of hate, quite honestly, on both sides."

On the Republicans' comment page, there was outrage.

"There is simply no explanation for this kind of intolerance. For a group of people who claim to be fighting to expand their rights, they sure are willing to strip conservatives of theirs," said one participant.

"Yeah, the 80 year old woman was full of HATE. you could tell," wrote another anonymous poster.

Another said, "The anchor said there was a lot of anger and hate on both sides – there was no anger and hate portrayed by the little old lady holding the cross. She reminds me of Ghandi. The anger and hate was all one sided. To defile a crucifix like that is a very grave evil indeed."

"Man, this is unbelievable," added Fiona. "I have never seen so much intolerance and hate in my life. Who is being silenced now. The news anchor obviously was not paying attention to what was going on, if he had the nerve to say there was hatred from both sides. ... From what I saw, she was saying she loved the people, was praying, and had her belongings ripped from her and trampled on."

The other perspective was represented by another poster, "That lady had it comin.'"

From what I have been told by a number of people that I know that live in the southern portion of California there has been numerous incidents of violence against Christians in the area. Many of them just attempting to get to their churches and others during their normal routines that had to go through the protesters in order to get to where they needed to be.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2008, 11:46:33 AM »

Schwarzenegger on Proposition 8: 'We will undo that'
Governor encourages same-sex marriage advocates not to give up

In a CNN interview, Republican California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger encouraged opponents of the passed Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in California, not to give up until the measure is overturned.

"It is unfortunate, obviously, but it's not the end," vowed the governor in yesterday's interview, referring to Proposition 8's passage, "because this will go back to the courts."

He later said of the voter-approved state constitutional amendment defining marriage between one man and one woman, "We will undo that, if the court is willing to do that, and then move forward."

Proposition 8 marks the second time in recent years that the people of California have voted to ban same-sex marriage in the state. The first was Proposition 22, adopted March 7, 2000, when 61 percent of the vote approved a ballot initiative that added the words "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California" to the California Civil Code.

Earlier this year, however, the California Supreme Court voted 4-3 to strike the law as unconstitutional, paving the way for same-sex marriages to begin in the state.

Defenders of traditional marriage then brought Proposition 8 as a ballot initiative to add the same words to the state's constitution. Proposition 8 passed last week with 52.5 percent of the vote.

In the CNN interview, however, Gov. Schwarzenegger asked opponents of Proposition 8 to take a lesson in perseverance from his former body-building days. He said that in weight lifting, he would attempt to lift a weight 10 times and fail, before succeeding on the 11th try.

"I learned that you should never, ever give up. I think this is the same," Schwarzenegger said.

Referring to opponents of Proposition 8 seeking to overturn the measure, he continued, "They should never give up. They should be on it and on it until they get it done."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2008, 11:54:10 AM »

I'm very disappointed with California Arnold. I one time thought that he might have more decency than most California Politicians. I was WRONG!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the