Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:16:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is Water Baptism needed for Salvation? The Bible says no.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Water Baptism needed for Salvation? The Bible says no.  (Read 40835 times)
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2003, 10:47:15 AM »

asaph,

Did you say cheek or cheeks??

Got anymore scriptures you rely on??, that cinch up the gift of the Holy Spirit for you..?

Nothing has been proved by you or others to this point..

But we are open to sound scriptures.

Blessings,

Petro

P.S.   Don't think of yourself as a martyr, bro, these excersices should encourage you to use your sword more effectively,  whats the point to possessing it, if you lose it to in your first encounter?

My question is are you doing anything for the Lord??

asaph
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2003, 12:21:57 PM »

asaph,

Got anymore scriptures you rely on??, that cinch up the gift of the Holy Spirit for you..?

Blessings,

Petro

P.S.   Don't think of yourself as a martyr, bro, these excersices should encourage you to use your sword more effectively,  whats the point to possessing it, if you lose it to in your first encounter?

Nothing has been lost and no amount of proof can convince you. You are steeped in your doctrine without any pliability at all. I have never heard you say, on any topic, that you are wrong. So you must think you are 100% right. You do not have a clue. So do not give me your self righteous sermons.

This ends my conversation with the hypocrites on this forum. (not including blackeyedpeas). I appreciate BEP even though we disagree on issues. Thanks BEP for your good attitude. The others can learn from you.

signing off,

asaph

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2003, 12:43:17 PM »

asaph,

Blessings,

Petro

Nothing has been lost and no amount of proof can convince you. You are steeped in your doctrine without any pliability at all. I have never heard you say, on any topic, that you are wrong. So you must think you are 100% right. You do not have a clue. So do not give me your self righteous sermons.

signing off,

asaph

asaph,

You are wrong on both counts.

And I suggest, that, it is;

You who are steeped in your doctrine without any pliability at all. I have never heard you say, on any topic, that you are wrong. So you must think you are 100% right. You do not have a clue. So do not give me your self righteous sermons.

Have a good day..

Petro

The Crusader
« Reply #183 on: January 08, 2004, 06:06:18 AM »

Jesus says that you have to be baptized with water and the Spirit to be saved. So yes, being baptized with water is necessary for salvation.

NO WAY.

The Crusader
Agur3046

I'm a sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2004, 02:04:37 AM »

Which one washes away sins?  Jesus on the cross or our willingness to be baptized or to finish being baptized to wash away our sins?  If it were to be Baptism, then why need Jesus?

agur

"Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Proverbs 30:4 & Ephesians 2:8-9
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2004, 12:10:40 PM »

Good question, what do the scriptures say;

1 Pet 3
18  For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19  By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20  Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21  The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Col 2
10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11  In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15  And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Water is not in view here at all, it is only symbolically used to point out the true baptism which saves, and it is in nothing other than FAITH in operation of God the Holy Spirit who seals the believers.

Should believers be watrer baptised, yes; is it a essential to be saved, NO, because the outward sign of watewr baptism is that of giving public testimony, unfortunately this is lost in the ceremony of the way water baptisms are held  today, they are not public at all, they usually are done in the privacy of a church building, not openly for the world to see.

Blessings,
Petro

Blessings,
Petro

mrsd81km

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

I feel it is an act of obediance. We must consider those who are not physically capable of being baptized...the ill, disabled or elderly.  Certianly they aren't condemned because they were not baptized.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the