Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:35:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Jesus Freak
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jesus Freak  (Read 6903 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: April 23, 2003, 05:14:10 PM »

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 05:46:22 PM »

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (Matthew 5:11,12)

"Jesus Freak" is more than just a song. Its a title, a badge of honor, a mock word. For almost 2,000 years Christians have been called names. From troublemakers to fanatics to Bible-bangers, Christians have been labeled again and again by the enemies of the gospel.

Even the title Christians probably started out as a taunting title. According to Acts 11:26:  The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch....

The word Christians literally means little Christs. In other words, when unbelievers mocked the disciples, they did so by calling them mini-Christs- i.e.-Christians.

Can you imagine the scene? The New Testament believers are doing acts of kindness, demonstrating a lifestyle of love and boldly sharing the gospel of Christ. Suddenly, not praise but mocking begins: Hey, look at all the mini-messiahs running around. Theyre like little Christs! Just who do they think the are... the second coming of Jesus?

What would you do? What did the early believers do? Retaliate? (Shut up! Get a life!) No! They took that mock word Christians and wore it like a badge of honor! They were proudly labeled as little Christs.

In fact, Jesus says that we are actually "blessed" when we are persecuted. The word "blessed" communicates the idea of having inner joy. So, Jesus is commanding us to be joyful when we are being torn down.

Doesn't sound easy does it? The key here is to remember two things:

1. When you are persecuted for your faith, God keeps a record of those times and adds to your reward account. Persecution in itself does not bring us joy, but knowing that the persecution is earning us rewards does! That's why in spite of a temporary razzing, we can be joyful because of the perspective of eternal reward.

2. When you are persecuted for your faith, you are in great company- the prophets ("For in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.) In other words, when people put us down for being "little Christs", we are in company with the heroes of the Bible. That's why in spite of a momentary bummer, we can be joyful because of the perspective of historical honor.

Hey- Jesus Freak, dont be ashamed of being tagged! When people are making fun of you, don't retaliate- be joyful! Wear your mock word as a badge of honor and trade it in for a crown of righteousness in heaven someday!

Questions:

1) What are some ways youve been mocked for being a Christian?

2) How did you respond?

3) How should you have responded?

4) How can you be more joyful when you face persecution?

Application:

Read Hebrews 12- commonly called the "Hall of Faith"- these are the folks who were persecuted, but withstood the pressure.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2003, 05:51:42 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 02:23:37 AM »

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 04:13:45 PM »

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 01:00:01 PM »

I guess I am the only Jesus Freak here  Shocked

Grin Grin Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Sammy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2003, 02:50:34 PM »

Yes I've been persecuted for My beliefs.  I'm curious how you have been persecuted for your Christian beliefs in a predominantly christian country.  We must be vigilant in our defence against this kind of Religious persecution.  Persecution against the Status Quo is the most dangerous kind of persecution. It is persecution that dare not speak its name. These evil people are not unlike Nazis.  They know that the Majority is not behind him so they must operate in Shadow, and whispers.
The most vicious persecution is silent persecution.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 12:56:20 PM »

Yes I've been persecuted for My beliefs.  I'm curious how you have been persecuted for your Christian beliefs in a predominantly christian country.  We must be vigilant in our defence against this kind of Religious persecution.  Persecution against the Status Quo is the most dangerous kind of persecution. It is persecution that dare not speak its name. These evil people are not unlike Nazis.  They know that the Majority is not behind him so they must operate in Shadow, and whispers.

OK Sammy  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 11:16:36 PM »

lol, yes we are persecuted, by each other! Mission for Catholics is an example. I see it here a lot. Baptist think they are the best, Methodist thing they are the best, and they persecute each other. My town has Baptist churches nearing 100 (a town of 15000 people, mind you), and most of them started out from one Church. They but continued arguing and attack each other. It is like the old joke says “With friends like, you, who needs enemies!” Church splits are truly a bad thing. This is the same mind set the Christian church has been battling with for decades! The “we believe in religious freedom and open-mindedness, IF YOU AGREE WITH US!” mind-set. Don’t mistake, we are persecuted. Sometimes the attacks come from with in.

On another note, though I would admit I love Jesus and wish to follow his teaches, I do not consider my self a “Jesus Freak.” I’ve always looked at it like this, Does Jesus  take normally humans and makes then into freaks, or does he take freaks and makes them might men and women of God? Just a though  Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2003, 04:19:59 PM »

Hey- Jesus Freak, dont be ashamed of being tagged! When people are making fun of you, don't retaliate- be joyful! Wear your mock word as a badge of honor and trade it in for a crown of righteousness in heaven someday!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the