Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:35:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Died on Friday but rose on Sunday? I disagree
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Died on Friday but rose on Sunday? I disagree  (Read 4890 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 12:25:09 PM »

This is very true but we also need to be able to answer the questions of "Doubting Thomas' ". Many have overcome their doubts when reasonable explanations have been given to them on supposed scriptural inconsistencies.

Precisely PR!

I realize there is an ongoing age long sabbath keeping deal that rears its ugly head every so often on the board here.   However as Depp and perhaps others bring up, this topic is clearly ALSO a good apologetics question.

Celebrating the days is not what is important what is important is what we are celebrating. Hallelujah.

This has been well established already sister...we are on the same page here for certain (my comment about celebrating good Friday was tongue and cheek humor).  The question originally brought up was regarding Jesus own words, that He would be in the grave for 3 days and 3 nights.   

Its a good and legitimate question, even if us believers take it all on blind faith.  Jews obviously never questioned Jesus claims regarding the 3 days and nights, because they understood the feasts.  The problem arises in mostly gentile believers who do not understand the customs....thus IMO it is a good question for investigation...if we are berean in our investigation into Gods Word.   Don't you think?

Blessings!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 03:57:50 AM »

They have a Lunar calendar in Judaism,so late Friday would
have been Saturday & Saturday evening would have been
Sunday. So then it isn't as weird as it sounds.

Yours in Yeshua,
                               Curious

Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 10:53:20 AM »

I have never been able to figure out how anyone can get THREE  days and THREE nights from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. That is TWO nights (Friday and Saturday) and less than 48 hours. Were the days and nights shorter back then? That's the only way we can get three days and three nights out of that. Yes, He rose on the third day, but scripture says He was in the heart of the earth three days and three nights like Jonah was in the belly of the whale three days and three nights. If he rose on the first day od the week (Sunday), then he had to have died on Thursday in order to get three nights--unless as I said, the days and nights were shorter.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 08:24:23 PM »

Sunday is Saturday evening to Sunday evening.
Tradition says that he died on a Friday,but what
if that is not so. What if he died on Wednesday
evening(which to them would have been
Thursday) or Thursday day ?

Yours in Yeshua,
                           Curious
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 03:14:36 AM »

Sunday is Saturday evening to Sunday evening.
Tradition says that he died on a Friday,but what
if that is not so. What if he died on Wednesday
evening(which to them would have been
Thursday) or Thursday day ?

Yours in Yeshua,
                           Curious

Hello Curious,

Here's the beautiful thing about JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS:

CHRIST is LORD of all days and all hours - 24/7. They all belong to HIM.

The HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD lives in a Christian's heart 24/7.

Christians have access to the Throne of Grace 24/7.

CHRIST HIMSELF is our Mediator 24/7.

The HOLY SPIRIT HIMSELF is our Comforter and Guide 24/7.

We don't need a Levitical Priest to enter the HOLY OF HOLIES on our behalf, and we don't need a temple because we are the temple of the LIVING GOD.

We can have a personal relationship with the KING OF KINGS 24/7, and we are already Children with a full inheritance.

We really don't need a calendar or to know what day of the week it is because we can worship, praise, and pray 24/7. The day or the hour doesn't make a difference.

We are to study GOD'S WORD ourselves and become approved workmen, and I'm not talking about studying 1 hour a week at church. GOD gives us HIS Spiritual riches 24/7, and the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD is in our hearts to help us understand those spiritual riches. We simply need to desire them and to pray that the HOLY SPIRIT helps us to understand when we study. If we desire to partake of these spiritual riches hours every day, GOD will give them to us and not turn us away.

JESUS CHRIST finished the work of Salvation on the CROSS most perfectly. JESUS CHRIST IS OUR SABBATH 24/7, and HE has offered HIMSELF to us 24/7. We don't need an appointment to partake of the Spiritual Riches HE has laid out before us to freely take. In fact, GOD wants us to take HIS Spiritual Riches and fill ourselves day and night with what HE has laid out for us to take.

GOD loves to hear our prayers.

CHRIST wants to be the head over our homes and the LORD over our lives 24/7.

The HOLY SPIRIT living in our hearts wants to comfort and guide us 24/7.

Lastly, our spiritual Riches in CHRIST are beyond human imagination. As Christians, we are already members of HIS BODY - THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. This CHURCH is Eternal - not of this world - AND not made with human hands.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 08:57:31 AM »

AMEN BROTHER!
He is always there and we can talk to Him anywhere, anytime.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 05:00:10 AM »

Hello to you bep.I was just trying to answer David James's question about the 3 days & 3 nights,that's what I was talking about. I wasn't saying He WASN'T 24/7,
just trying to answer his question.

Yours in Yeshua,
                                   Curious
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 06:34:03 AM »

Hello to you bep.I was just trying to answer David James's question about the 3 days & 3 nights,that's what I was talking about. I wasn't saying He WASN'T 24/7,
just trying to answer his question.

Yours in Yeshua,
                                   Curious

Hello Curious,

I didn't think anything at all about this. I just considered it to be a pleasant discussion between Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST. When I think about this particular issue, it simply causes me to give thanks. On one hand I think about being a just a sinner saved by GOD'S Grace and washed clean by the precious Blood of JESUS CHRIST on the CROSS. On the other hand, I know that I'm a purchased possession of JESUS CHRIST, and GOD allows me an audience with HIM night or day, 7 days a week.

When I think about the term "Sabbath", I think about the harsh limits under the Mosaic Law and an immediate death penalty for the tiniest violation in approaching the Holy of Holies. NOW, I contrast this with the FREEDOM in CHRIST and know that all Christians have the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD HIMSELF living in their hearts. The comparison is like between darkness and light, and the LIGHT is JESUS CHRIST. JESUS CHRIST made this FREEDOM possible, and we should give thanks numerous times every day.

Just consider - Levitical Priests were the mediators under the Mosaic Law. NOW - JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF is the MEDIATOR for Christians. It takes considerable thought for something this BIG to sink in. From here, we go to the Eternal Promises of GOD, and they are mind-boggling - almost beyond human comprehension.

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 06:36:18 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Klynn

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 04:46:39 PM »

Or could it have been that He died on Thursday and spent Thursday Friday and Saturday nights and rose on Sunday.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 05:48:33 PM »

Or could it have been that He died on Thursday and spent Thursday Friday and Saturday nights and rose on Sunday.
That is what I think. But remember, it's not how long he was dead that matters, it's why he died.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 08:03:15 PM »

That is what I think. But remember, it's not how long he was dead that matters, it's why he died.

AMEN BROTHER DAVID!

This is the biggest and most precious event in history, and you've just stated what's REALLY IMPORTANT. The day of the week, the year, the hour, or the minute makes NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL BECAUSE THEY ALL BELONG TO JESUS CHRIST - EVERY SECOND! As Christians, we belong to HIM for Eternity. The Blood of JESUS CHRIST has BOUGHT US - PAID THE PRICE IN FULL - and RESCUED US FROM THE CURSE OF SIN AND DEATH!

We are NO LONGER our own, and I give thanks for that every day. This is more than enough for us to celebrate any hour, or any day, or all days and hours AS POSSESSIONS OF JESUS CHRIST! JESUS CHRIST is our ALL IN ALL FOR ETERNITY!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the