Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Photographs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Photographs  (Read 3983 times)
longdog

Shooting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2003, 09:23:36 PM »

Symphony,
              THis is so cool. isn't it something, 200 yr ago people were saying the world was flat.

I don't wish to appear pedantic (even though I am Smiley) but the Ancient Egyptions worked out the diameter of the earth about 4000 years ago. I know of no credible evidence to suggest that anyone ever thought the world was flat.

Meanwhile... back on topic (sort of) a picture for you.

may god keep all good people from such bad company.

longdog

Shooting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2003, 09:26:46 PM »

how many comsic exposions created all the other planets.... Grin how can anyone look at this and things such crazy stuff.

One per solar-sytem I believe (well, technically speaking three or so before the star stabilises and has produced sufficient heavy elements to form the planets).

musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2003, 10:20:52 PM »

Symphony,
              THis is so cool. isn't it something, 200 yr ago people were saying the world was flat.

I don't wish to appear pedantic (even though I am Smiley) but the Ancient Egyptions worked out the diameter of the earth about 4000 years ago. I know of no credible evidence to suggest that anyone ever thought the world was flat.

Meanwhile... back on topic (sort of) a picture for you.

Self portrait longdog?
 Grin Are you serious? Huh
 Its taught in the first grade. Being special needs aid I see the moive for several years in a row, read the book to the kids, so you take it up with the writers of the childrens history book, people were fearful of falling off the side when they travel to far out to sea,  
     I was being onerey about the explosions if you believe that you've a right to your opinoin even tho its wrong,  Cheesy, GOD created the earth, in his way.....,
Egyptions knowing or believeing one think doesn't necessarly mean that anyone in Columbus day knowing does it? I agree, Egyptians were very smart in lots of ways ....but then egyptians believe in reincarnation too.
    I thought it awesome  picture of Mars, that is all, and the beauty of what God created, not to pick a fight with someone who must believe in evolution. I don't, and enough said there. Yes you are def pedantic. To a fault. But your forgive. Smiley

musicllover
longdog

Shooting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2003, 03:26:24 AM »

Yeah, self portrait. I wasn't drunk by the way (even if look it) it was 2am here and I was tired Smiley

A lot of things get taught to children, that doesn't make them true. Columbus was actually looking for a route to china when he set out west but the americas got in his way Grin. Why would he have sailed west to china if it wasn't known that the earth was round?

I was being onerey about the explosions if you believe that you've a right to your opinoin even tho its wrong,  , GOD created the earth, in his way.....,

Your point being?

I thought it awesome  picture of Mars, that is all, and the beauty of what God created

A stunningly beautiful picture. No argument from me there.

musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2003, 04:06:35 AM »

Yeah, self portrait. I wasn't drunk by the way (even if look it) it was 2am here and I was tired Smiley

A lot of things get taught to children, that doesn't make them true. Columbus was actually looking for a route to china when he set out west but the americas got in his way Grin.

I thought it awesome  picture of Mars, that is all, and the beauty of what God created

A stunningly beautiful picture. No argument from me there.

I was being onerey about the explosions if you believe that you've a right to your opinoin even tho its wrong,  , GOD created the earth, in his way.....,

Your point being?

That I wasn't intending to start a debate with some one believes in evolution. I don't believe explosion created the earth, if so they were directed by God to have wonderful ending as Mars, earth, ect ect. this isn't the board. I stir clear of the evolution creationg board,......don't asked why cause it'll make you mad.

Why would he have sailed west to china if it wasn't known that the earth was round?
From what they teach this is why it took him a while to find someone to fund his idiotic idea, who was going to put up their money and ships to only have them fall of the earth? IT took Coumbus several years, a map maker for a long time, and several tries to finally find someone willing to take the risk,Queen Isabel, to prove that the indias were to the west instead of around the dangerous route to the east, if nothing Columbus must have thought that the earth was much smaller around......yes finding the America's was unplanned but at least they didn't fall off the earth the way some had thought.  SO enough of the history lessong CHristopher Columbus.
      Your right about the public school system, LOTS of stuff taught there that I wouldn't teach my dog. Lots of stuff not taught there that should be. SO who knows its something that I've taught, and been taught since my own childhood.
Blessings

musicllover
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the