Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:01:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bible TOOLBAR for Firefox
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bible TOOLBAR for Firefox  (Read 1656 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2007, 04:15:56 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I just did a search on the Firefox extensions site for "Bible" and found something great that I want to share with you. It's a Bible TOOLBAR, but it's only available for the older versions of Firefox on the Mozilla site. I did a little bit more reading and found out that the author is still updating the Bible TOOLBAR for new versions of Firefox, and the extension is available on his home page:

http://www.bibletoolbar.net/install.html

I did install it, and it works great. It's a tiny extension that installs flawlessly in Firefox. It interacts very quickly with Biblegateway.com and allows you to do keyword searches of any two translations of the Bible that you choose. It also allows you to quickly display any portion of either one Bible translation or parallel Bible translations that you choose. YES - it will open any 2 Bible translations you choose in parallel - side by side, in a format that's easy to see and compare the two translations. I must also add that the toolbar allows quick and easy changes for your selections.

The options are very simple. I set mine to open in a new tab. They have an extensive list of various translations that can be used. There are even quick links to commentaries and additional information, depending on which translations of the Bible that you choose.

In short, this little gem of a Firefox extension is tiny, excellent, fast, FREE, and has no strings attached. I have my fonts set larger in Firefox to make things easier for me to read, and it appears that the Bible TOOLBAR automatically uses my larger font settings. So, this extension works just fine for the bifocal and trifocal crowd.   Wink

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 12:1-2 NASB  Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 02:00:28 PM »

Works nicely, but runs off the screen to the right so "options" is barely visible.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 03:06:44 PM »

Hello Brother Rhys,

I wonder if this problem has something to do with the specific theme you are using. Mine installed perfectly and integrated into my theme as if it were part of it.

Now that I think about this, maybe it is a part of the theme. Many theme authors skin all kinds of additions for Firefox, and others only skin the most major portions. I'll guess that this toolbar might look strange with themes that were not designed to use it. I use a theme that's been around for a long time, so I assume that the theme author has skinned just about everything available for Firefox.

Brother, if this isn't it, I have no idea what it could be because mine looks and works perfectly. I just now thought that it might also have something to do with screen resolution. I use the standard 800 x 600. There are a few themes that are designed for other resolutions, and some of the extensions are not compatible with them. Regardless, I'm sorry that you had trouble with the Bible toolbar because it's a very nice extension. You might consider sending an email to the author, and there might be a fix for whatever is causing the problem.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 4:6 NASB  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:41:42 PM »

Brother Tom,
     I fixed it by clicking on "hide toolbar label" under options, which moved everything over to the left.

Ted

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 02:51:30 AM »

Brother Rhys,

I'm glad to hear that it's working now. It really is a nice toolbar. I use e-Sword loaded up in the background almost all the time, but this toolbar is great for quick and easy searches.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:37-39 NASB  But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the