Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:49:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Lord Is My Shepherd
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Lord Is My Shepherd  (Read 5181 times)
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2007, 02:27:38 PM »

Being the book lover that I am, in one of my travels to a used book store I came across this little gem. The title of the book is:                "The Song of Our Syrian Guest"  by William Allen Knight  &  included also is  "A Shepherd's  Song", by Henry Van Dyke.
The book is about the 23rd  Psalm. It tells the story of shepard's guarding and caring for their flocks of sheep. This book was written in the early 1900's, so it is out of print, but the good news is it is available at Amazon.com
This book is a real treasure.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 02:54:17 PM »

Hello Islandboy,

I love reading older books, and it's amazing how many excellent Christian books are available completely free. This brings up my favorite FREE Bible Study program for the computer called e-Sword. Many of the best study materials are long out of print and are freely available for e-Sword. We have a thread about e-Sword in the Computers and Software section of the forum. One could easily spend a lifetime studying all of the free resources that are available for it, and I sincerely believe that e-Sword is much better than many Electronic Bible Study Programs costing well over $500. Please take a look at the listing, and you'll see what I mean.

I just read another post from you indicating that you like to make comparisons between various Bibles and use multiple resources for your studies. This is another reason why I mentioned e-Sword. After reading your post about Bible materials, I think you would love e-Sword. It's a very friendly program that anyone can learn to use in a matter of minutes. I've been using it for years and will quickly admit that I'm addicted to using it. One can use a large number of resources all at once from a single computer screen.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 10:8-10 NASB  But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 03:26:16 PM »

I just read the booklet. If you do a web search on "The Song of Our Syrian Guest" you will find a number of web sites that has this booklet posted for free. Project Gutenberg is one of those sites. Project Gutenberg has many old books just like this one that is available for free.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 07:17:01 PM »

After reading your post I went and checked out "Project Gutenberg".  I had never heard about it before, but can see it's usefullness. Thank you for sharing this information. It is greatly appreciated.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 07:48:44 PM »

You're most welcome.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 09:52:43 AM »

Instead of starting a whole new topic I thought I would add another favorite book of mine that to me fits perfectly with this title topic.
The book is "Joshua", by Joseph F. Girzone. Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the