Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bible Fox theme for Firefox
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bible Fox theme for Firefox  (Read 7592 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 12:34:35 PM »

Grin

Yo - Ho - Ho - It's a party mates!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »

I contacted the author and found that he already has the information on the internet to make the menu fonts larger:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4516

I only wish there were a user friendly way to change these fonts. I'm not much at doing this sort of thing anymore.

He also has a blue color scheme that should be coming out soon.

There is also a Bible Thunderbird available that goes with the same scheme as the Bible Fox.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 02:39:01 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 03:34:06 PM »

Brother Roger,

I'm happy to hear this. It sounds like the author is going to a lot of trouble pretty quickly for a new theme. Making these themes is a ton of work, and there's much more to them that what people think. If he's already addressing different font sizes and colors, there must be tremendous interest. It's also pretty unusual for the author of a new skin to do a Thunderbird theme at the same time. I think that his work so far is first class, so who knows what we'll see soon from him.

I think it would be encouraging for him to get a thank you email from those using his themes. I've only tried to use code changes once, and it was with Sage, a really nice newsreader. As it turned out, the author had a place for the code change in the options menu for Sage, so it wasn't much of a problem. Code changes for many extensions do get confusing and involve editing things that average people don't want to tackle. I'm also one of those folks. I think it's a large configuration file called "chrome", and all kinds of problems can be created in other portions of the program if a mistake is made. I haven't tried chrome editing yet, and I really don't want to, so you and I are in the same boat.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 04:20:42 PM »

I think thanking him for his hard work is an excellent idea. If you click on his user name in the link I gave above it will take you to his email address. I am sure that he would appreciate the thank you's.

Brother I used to do a lot of program writing and program troubleshooting in Fortran, Cobal, and in ladder logic that used Basic. I can't even remember any of that now let alone trying to learn a new programming style. I'm better off leaving that to a younger generation.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 07:52:52 PM »

In addition to an update on Bible Fox that increases the size of the icons there is now a Bible Fox Blue 2.0.3. It has, naturally, a blue scheme instead of the earthen tones of the original Bible Fox theme. I like it a whole lot better myself.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 11:03:41 PM »

Thanks for the new information. This is something that I will look at soon.

I'm trying to start my switch to Linux Christian Ubuntu right now. It comes with Firefox and the earth-tone Bible theme. I think that I would also like the blue. I'm changing to a different screen resolution and all kinds of things. I mainly want to set it up from the start exactly the way I want things, and it looks like a winner so far. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that I'm going to have nearly as many problems in trying to set fonts so that I can read them. It appears that I can use the Bible Theme without changing the fonts to a larger size. I'm not sure that I understand why, but things do look much different in Linux. On top of everything else, I'm using a higher screen resolution that what I'm used to, and everything appears to be easier to read.

I'm not going to be a Linux Guru anytime soon, but lots of things in Linux Christian Ubuntu are designed to be easy for beginners.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Matthew 11:28-30 NASB  "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.  "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 12:14:03 AM »

I like this blue theme a whole lot better, then the earth tone. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 10:28:08 PM »

Thanks for the new information. This is something that I will look at soon.

I'm trying to start my switch to Linux Christian Ubuntu right now. It comes with Firefox and the earth-tone Bible theme. I think that I would also like the blue. I'm changing to a different screen resolution and all kinds of things. I mainly want to set it up from the start exactly the way I want things, and it looks like a winner so far. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that I'm going to have nearly as many problems in trying to set fonts so that I can read them. It appears that I can use the Bible Theme without changing the fonts to a larger size. I'm not sure that I understand why, but things do look much different in Linux. On top of everything else, I'm using a higher screen resolution that what I'm used to, and everything appears to be easier to read.

I'm not going to be a Linux Guru anytime soon, but lots of things in Linux Christian Ubuntu are designed to be easy for beginners.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Matthew 11:28-30 NASB  "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.  "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Wish I'd known sooner! My boss just gave me her daughter's old Dell L667r which didn't work (due to the 225+ pieces of spyware, 62 viruses, and two worms on it!). I always wanted to try out Linux so went to my daughter's and downloaded Ubuntu 6.06 (took 5 minutes - would have taken 7 hours on my connection!) and installed it on the Dell. Hadn't heard about the Christian version, but I don't want to start over now. Maybe when I learn enough I will reinstall it with the Christian version.

Though familiar with DOS, I don't find Linux easy. So far I have spent 4 -5 hours just trying to update the version of Firefox that came with Ubuntu to 2.0.0.4 and though I now have it working the old version is still on the machine somewhere and also working. It would be much easier if Ubuntu let you log in as root administrator - I eventually had to change the ownership of the whole Firefox program to myself before it would let me trash the old version and copy the new files to where the old ones were. Then the new version worked, but the menu and icon in Gnome kept calling up the old one so I had to change the path in those.

Now I'm going to try to install Biblefox on it - will see if it works! Linux is fun if you have a lot of free time!

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 01:01:07 AM »

Hello Brother Rhys,

I've gone pretty slow and done my homework while trying to switch over to Linux. I knew it was completely different and would take some getting used to. I haven't completed the switch yet. I have a dual boot on my computer right now and have half Windows and half Linux Christian Ubuntu. I hope to complete the switch on the same day that I get a faster Internet connection, and that will be at the end of the month.

I don't think that you have to worry about getting the Christian Edition of Ubuntu. I think that the Christian modules will install just fine with the regular version of Ubuntu. You should be able to download the individual Christian modules and install them over what you already have. I've seen the individual modules and know that they can be downloaded separately. A few examples are:

e-Sword Bible Study Package
GnomeSword - The Sword Bible Study Package
Scripture Verse of the Day Pop-up for the Desktop

DanGuardian lockout for improper Internet sites. I read a review on this and found that it can effect the installation of completely good software, so I have this disabled for right now. It might work too well right now, and I understand that fixes are in the works.

I can't remember right now how many other things are different in the Christian Edition. Some are cosmetic type changes like the Bible Theme for Firefox. Many things like this are easy to add-on to what you already have. So please don't go to the trouble of starting over. Give me a little bit of time to get used to things and I'll write a review. I know there are many Christian components that are available in individual downloads. I'm trying to learn all kinds of new things right now, and I'm having fun doing it. Linux Christian Ubuntu is really just Ubuntu with additional Christian components, Christian graphics, and Christian themes. I think there are three primary versions of Ubuntu, and I'm almost sure that Gnome Ubuntu is required for the e-Sword Bible Study Package. Another one is called KDE, and I can't remember the third one right now. e-Sword is a must for me, so that's one of the main things I concentrated on. e-Sword might be available for many versions now, but there is a specific install package that I wanted, and that install package was already in Linux Christian Ubuntu. The popularity of Ubuntu right now is causing some rapid changes and expansion. I'll try to let you know more later, but I'm learning as I go.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 7:18-19 NASB  For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness (for the Law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 06:24:04 PM »

I installed Bible Fox blue and it installed O.K. I'll try some of the Christian modules. Probably don't need the DanGuardian lockout right now but maybe when my grandson gets older. Thanks. God Bless. Ted

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 01:22:37 AM »

Hello Rhys,

Let's just keep each other posted about good add-ons and especially Christian software. I was going to do most of the changes to Ubuntu near the end of the month, but I might speed things up.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the