Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:29:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sliding faith
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sliding faith  (Read 1021 times)
highlander

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2007, 03:22:56 PM »

hi!
From not so sunny Scotland!

i just joined this forum hoping for some support as my faith is quite low at the moment. I have been a born again Pentecostal for a year now and although i still think of Jesus as my lord and saviour, i don't seem to have the same strong feeling that i used to have.
I feel as if I'm going to backslide and can do nothing about it!
 Huh
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 03:44:39 PM »

Hi highlander,

Welcome to Christians Unite. I'm glad that you are here and hope to see many more posts and many times of great Christian fellowship with you.

Many people make the mistake of going on feelings. Being born again is so much more than just feelings. The first thing to remember is that once we belong to Him we will always be His. The Lord promised us that He will never leave nor forsake us. So feeling or not we know that He is always there. We may have our moments of weakness but in our times of weakness is when we can become strong. It is times like this that we need to turn to Him in prayer and in reading the word even if we "don't feel like it". It is also such times that we need to turn to our brothers and sisters have you done.

I hope that you will stick around and join us in some great Christian fellowship. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

My prayers are with you.

Rom 15:13  Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

1Ch 23:30  And to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD, and likewise at even;

Praise God for His wonderful mercies!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 08:43:08 PM »

Hi Highlander, nice to have you here!   As Pastor Roger says, our faith is not based on our feelings.  Just keep trusting the Lord and walk with Him day by day.  God will lead you through everything that comes your way.

Also, sometimes people might start out in a certain type of church and then want or need a change of church.  I don't know if this is your situation or not.  In my younger years I also attended some Pentecostal type churches along with a good non-denominational one.  Now in my middle aged years, I find I like a quiet traditional service (still with good Bible teaching).

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 03:07:58 AM »

Hello Highlander,

WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite. People have ups and downs during this short life, but GOD remains the same yesterday, today, and forever. When we are weak, HE is strong. I said these things for a reason. In our times of weakness and being down, Christians can lean on one who never fails, JESUS CHRIST. There is no mystery that our best times are when we are yielded to GOD and living in the victory of JESUS. It's HIS Victory, not ours, and the VICTORY is already complete.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 14:6-7 NASB  Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 09:47:17 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 09:27:25 AM »

Hello Highlander ans welcome to CU. You have received some very good advice here from everyone, now I would also like to add my little bit of advice.

King David found himself in many situations where he too was allowing himself to go by his feelings, but then he looked to the LORD and he rejoiced, he built himself up in the LORD.

Ps 119:14 I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
Ps 119:15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
Ps 119:16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

Here we see King David making a decision to stay close to the LORD.

The entire Book of Psalms is very uplifting. We can learn that OT people were just like us they too had their ups and downs. But we can learn from the WORD of GOD  that we can rejoice and build a close relationship with Him and get to know HIM.

Reading HIS WORD and praying are the way to keep a close relationship with GOD. Many Christians have felt this way and some have strayed, or backslidden only to find that after a while the only thing they found true joy in is in GOD, I have heard many Christians say that they wanted to feel that 'first love'. True it is hard but it is not impossible for Christians to follow the WAY.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 11:57:11 PM »

Welcome Highlander

Welcome to CU and I do hope that you enjoy your visits here.  And that you find words of encouragement when needed...and maybe even when not.

We should always remember that in our daily life God says "There can be only one" (sorry....bad movie pun that I am sure you have never heard before) but by that I mean that God has said that we should have no other but Him.  OUr focus should always be upon Him.  No matter what is going on in our lives we should always remember that God is there with us, and God is looking for us to give Him the glory.  If we are winning we praise God, if we are losing we praise God (and man am I getting bad with movie lines tonight).  POint being that no matter what our situation is we should always be focused on God and trust that He will see us through it.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the