Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:11:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The History Behind Me
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The History Behind Me  (Read 3823 times)
mississippi_jesus_chic

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2007, 12:52:16 AM »

I was always a good kid, according to most.  I had good grades, I was somewhat a teacher's pet.  Everytimes mom and dad would get letters from my teachers they'd say the same thing, "I wish all of my students were like her!"  This is from kidergarten until now.  But the fact about it is that no one really knew me after I hit about the age of 11. 

Whenever I was 11 I finally got to move on to middle school and meet new people.  I met this one boy who I really didn't like at first, but after a few weeks we got to be good friends.  We were the best of friends for several months.  At this time in my life my family didn't go to church or even discuss it.  Both of my parents had grown up in church but I still really don't know what happened there.  Anyway, the closer me and this boy got, the worse I got.  I started cursing all of the time and I just became a really bad person.  I would pop off on you in an instant without being provoked or anything.  I was just mean spirited.  When I was about half way through the 7th grade my dad went down with his back.  My whole life changed in one weekend.  Over the course of about 2 months my family had a house forclosed on and a vehicle repossed.  We had to move from Florida to Mississippi into my grandparents house.  After living in MS for a while we started going to church and everything.  I kind of liked church but I wasn't really worried about it.  I am glad that we moved when we did because I know now that if I had stayed around that boy much longer, I would have made some really bad decisions that I couldn't take back.

After about a year, I finally accepted Jesus into my heart.  I was 13 years old.  I called a 1-800 number to order a book for my dad called "Life From a Deer Stand".  The operator I talked to began to ask me questions about my faith and church attendance.  We talked for at least an hour it seems and I started crying and blubbering, but she helped me to finally accept Jesus Christ.  She led me through the prayer.  I felt this indescribable peace in my heart from that point.  I grew in my relationship with Jesus.  I was baptized on May 15th.  The very next night, at my 8th grade graduation I was asked to lead prayer with a crowd of about 200 people there to hear it.  That doesn't seem too bad, but to a 13 year old girl, who has only been saved for about a month, that was down-right horrifying!  Talk about a test of someone's faith!

I am 15 now and about a year I started sensing that God was calling me into His ministry but I was unsure.  Then finally at youth camp this past summer I laid it all down at the altar and I accepted the call to be a missionary.  I am now teaching a children's Bible classon Wednesday nights at church, and I am the pianist on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights.

I just look back on my life and I see so many different things that God has done for me.  I can see, even recently how God is preparing me to do his work.  I have gotten so much stronger in my faith than I was.   I am still just as excited as I could ever be that God has chosen me to do his work!

I know this is lengthy, but it is all truth.

mjc

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.     Joshua 1:9
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 01:07:59 AM »

Hi mjc,

It's not lengthy at all. It is just right and such a beautiful testimony especially from someone your age. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I will be praying that God will continue guiding you on your path for Him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 01:34:50 AM »

Yes, mjc, yours is a beautiful testimony!  Thanks for sharing it with us!  I pray more and more young people like you will come to know Christ's peace in their lives.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 02:33:48 AM »

MJC welcome to CU.
What a wonderful testimony and praise to God your call to the missionary field. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 09:21:44 AM »

Amen MJC!

I love to hear about what GOD does in the lives of our young people. I will be praying for you and wish you GOD'S Speed.

The preparations for your journeys will take a lot of work but know that GOD is with you and stick with it. Your calling is difficult, but it will be fascinating and rewarding. There are many missionaries in my family serving around the world, and they wouldn't do anything else.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:20 NASB  The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the