Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:53:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  It Takes All Kinds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It Takes All Kinds  (Read 2775 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2003, 02:03:05 PM »

It Takes All Kinds (Part 1 of 2)

By Pastor Keith Baxter, Tampa Bible Fellowship, Tampa, Florida
Home Page:

http://www.tampabible.org/

Have you ever heard the saying that “it takes all kinds of people”? Well talking to people I have realized that it does take all kinds, and I have noticed that there are basically three different kinds of people. These people are not new to the world today, but have been around for thousands of years. We will take this short study to look at these folks, again this is not everyone but what I have found to be the norm.

First there is the Religious person, if we look at scripture the first person like this was Cain, in Genesis 4:3-5

3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

You see according to Hebrews, Abel offered a more excellent sacrifice.

Hebrews 4:11 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. He believed God and brought the blood sacrifice for his sins.

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Heb 9:22 …without shedding of blood is no remission.

We see that it is only through a blood sacrifice that God will make an atonement for sins. Today we see that it is only through the perfect sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ that now we have redemption

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Cain’s sacrifice was a work of his hands, he tried to please God by his own works and merits as religious people do today. God does not except our work, what Cain did was considered evil.

1 John 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

People have to quit trying and start trusting in the finished work of Christ on Calvary, and not according to their works.

2 Tim 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, …

We see now that we cannot be religious and work for salvation. All that religion does is does is sends us to hell.

The next person is a Self-Righteous person, someone who thinks that they are good enough to go to heaven. Have you ever had a person tell you that they were good enough or that they thought that their good would outweigh their bad? There is an example of this in the Luke 18.

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

People need to first realize their need for a savior and the Pharisee did not think he needed God, but God needed him. He thought that he was righteous enough, but our righteousness is filthy. There is nothing that we can do that is good

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Then people will say “well he has a good heart” but Jeremiah tells us that our heart is wicked.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Proverbs 28:26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

We can’t trust our heart, if we do then we are just foolish, this issue of self righteousness has been Israel’s problem all along.

Romans 10: 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

They should have just told God that they couldn’t keep the Law and they needed Him to do it for them, but instead they tried to use the law to establish their righteousness. Even Paul righteousness of the Law

Philippians 3:6…touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Is considered nothing but dung

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung…

Now he doesn’t claim his righteousness but being found in Christ

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

We can’t be righteous through the law but we find that we are all just sinners.

Romans 3: 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 02:06:09 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 02:04:37 PM »

It Takes All Kinds (Part 2 of 2)

Home Page:

But we can be righteous through Christ

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

As before stop trying to establish your own righteousness and see that you are not perfect in God’s eye, but he is willing to save you by his mercy and grace.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us…

The last person we are going to look at is an Unbeliever. Someone who is just not going to believe that they are a sinner, or that the Lord Jesus Christ is all they need to trust in to be saved. A good example of this is one of the malefactors on the cross next the Lord.

Luke 23: 33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

This man was thinking of himself, but only physical salvation off of the cross, when he should have been thinking of is spiritual salvation.

Even for the unbelieving they will have an eternal destination … the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

It is simple. All God wants you to do is believe him, he doesn’t want your religion, righteousness or good works, but a believing heart.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

It is through belief that he will justify

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

And save men today.

1 Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

What is it that we are to believe? Well there is only one thing that stand between saints and sinners and that is blood of the Lord Jesus Christ on the CROSS.

We need to simply believe that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again.

1 Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

If you are still relying on your religion, or think that you are righteous and are not in need of a Savior or even yet just don’t want to believe at all. Then stop, think, and believe and be saved from eternal separation from God in the Lake of Fire.

The Philippian jailor asked one simple question…

Acts 16

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved…
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 02:06:42 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 08:24:37 PM »

I don't consider myself righteous, only saved. Whatever good that comes our of me comes from the Holy Spirit.
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 01:00:24 PM »

Those are the first posts I've seen by A4C that are actually as long as his signature.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 03:33:11 PM »

I don't consider myself righteous, only saved. Whatever good that comes our of me comes from the Holy Spirit.
                        AMEN

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 05:13:20 PM »

Posted by: Mr. 5020  Posted on: Today at 01:00:24pm  
Those are the first posts I've seen by A4C that are actually as long as his signature.

Grin Grin Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2003, 11:43:25 AM »

Glad you enjoyed that.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 04:21:21 AM »

It Takes All Kinds (Part 1 of 2)

Home Page:

Have you ever heard the saying that “it takes all kinds of people”? Well talking to people I have realized that it does take all kinds, and I have noticed that there are basically three different kinds of people. These people are not new to the world today, but have been around for thousands of years. We will take this short study to look at these folks, again this is not everyone but what I have found to be the norm.

First there is the Religious person, if we look at scripture the first person like this was Cain, in Genesis 4:3-5

3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

You see according to Hebrews, Abel offered a more excellent sacrifice.

Hebrews 4:11 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. He believed God and brought the blood sacrifice for his sins.

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Heb 9:22 …without shedding of blood is no remission.

We see that it is only through a blood sacrifice that God will make an atonement for sins. Today we see that it is only through the perfect sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ that now we have redemption

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Cain’s sacrifice was a work of his hands, he tried to please God by his own works and merits as religious people do today. God does not except our work, what Cain did was considered evil.

1 John 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

People have to quit trying and start trusting in the finished work of Christ on Calvary, and not according to their works.

2 Tim 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, …

We see now that we cannot be religious and work for salvation. All that religion does is does is sends us to hell.

The next person is a Self-Righteous person, someone who thinks that they are good enough to go to heaven. Have you ever had a person tell you that they were good enough or that they thought that their good would outweigh their bad? There is an example of this in the Luke 18.

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

People need to first realize their need for a savior and the Pharisee did not think he needed God, but God needed him. He thought that he was righteous enough, but our righteousness is filthy. There is nothing that we can do that is good

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Then people will say “well he has a good heart” but Jeremiah tells us that our heart is wicked.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Proverbs 28:26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

We can’t trust our heart, if we do then we are just foolish, this issue of self righteousness has been Israel’s problem all along.

Romans 10: 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

They should have just told God that they couldn’t keep the Law and they needed Him to do it for them, but instead they tried to use the law to establish their righteousness. Even Paul righteousness of the Law

Philippians 3:6…touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Is considered nothing but dung

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung…

Now he doesn’t claim his righteousness but being found in Christ

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

We can’t be righteous through the law but we find that we are all just sinners.

Romans 3: 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Amen!

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us…

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
sissy_momof2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 08:19:12 AM »

It Takes All Kinds (Part 2 of 2)

Home Page: http://www.tampabible.org/

"If you are still relying on your religion, or think that you are righteous and are not in need of a Savior or even yet just don’t want to believe at all. Then stop, think, and believe and be saved from eternal separation from God in the Lake of Fire.

The Philippian jailor asked one simple question…

Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved…"

Thank you for this...I really enjoyed it, however, there is an additional step which you left out of your post.  After the Philippian jailor asked that important question and they told him the answer...there was another step - he was baptized with water.

In Christian love,
Sissy

sissy_momof2
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 11:27:59 AM »

Thank you for this...I really enjoyed it, however, there is an additional step which you left out of your post.  After the Philippian jailor asked that important question and they told him the answer...there was another step - he was baptized with water.

In Christian love,
Sissy

Sissy_momof2;
    Luke 23
40   But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41   And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
42   And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43   And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

When was the malfactor Baptized?
     Baptizem shows obedence , salvation is through acceptence of Jesus Christ and His Sacrafice.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
sissy_momof2

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2003, 02:33:20 PM »

Hi Forrest,
Yes, I'm very aware of the scripture you posted.  The Lord God can do anything He pleases - including skipping the baptism part.  However, my point was that A4C left out the scripture telling about the jailer being baptised.  Jesus Christ was baptised - I believe he must have thought it was important.  Because Christ gave me His example of being baptised, and also we have the gospels giving story after story about baptism in the New Testament - I believe baptism is important and necessary for me.  Everyone else has to choose what they believe on that subject.

I'm not looking for a debate, just posting my interpretation.

Thanks.  Yours in Christ, Sissy

sissy_momof2
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2003, 09:50:39 PM »

Hi Forrest,
Yes, I'm very aware of the scripture you posted.  The Lord God can do anything He pleases - including skipping the baptism part.  However, my point was that A4C left out the scripture telling about the jailer being baptised.  Jesus Christ was baptised - I believe he must have thought it was important.  Because Christ gave me His example of being baptised, and also we have the gospels giving story after story about baptism in the New Testament - I believe baptism is important and necessary for me.  Everyone else has to choose what they believe on that subject.

I'm not looking for a debate, just posting my interpretation.

Thanks.  Yours in Christ, Sissy

Sissy_momof2;
      I'm not saying that baptisem is not importent, for it is the first step after salvation in obedence.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
sissy_momof2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2003, 06:51:43 AM »

Good morning Forrest,
You know, sometimes it is hard to discuss something without misunderstanding.  You know yourself that when you are talking to someone in person this happens, email seems to magnify it even more.  Do you agree?  Thank you for your input.  This is a completely new medium for me to "talk" with others.  I think sometimes people (including me) get too emotional and loose the attitude Christ wants us to have - do everything in (agape) love for their fellowman.  Thanks again and have a great day!

Yours in Christ, Sissy

sissy_momof2
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the