Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:16:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How do you know when you've found the "one"?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do you know when you've found the "one"?  (Read 4224 times)
Mist-Faer

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2007, 12:51:54 AM »

Hey there,

I would like to know, how do you know when you have found the one God intends you to marry??

Nearly 3 years ago I thought I did... I met this guy from my church and he is such an amazing Christian person.  It didn't ake long for me to have feelings for him, the thing is though I have had feelings for other guys before but with him it was totally different.  I know this might sound strange but my attraction to him was spiritual, rather than physical.   He doesn't believe in dating until he finishes his studies (which is this year) so I decided to not tell him about how I felt so I didn't put him in a uncomfortable situation, so I decided to wait.  I really believed this was from the Lord.  It was going great until another girl told him she has feelings for him and although they are not dating they have become an item.  He has a very good relationship with her.  It was very difficult for me to cope with so I sort of buried what I felt for him and left it to the Lord.  But we were recently on a camp together, towards the end of the camp there was a royal ball.  Out of all the girls on camp I was dressed very plainly, yet he pulled me aside and told me that I look really pretty and he was VERY serious.  Since then I have been very confused.  Am I reading too much into this?? Should I have told him years ago what I felt?? I've met other great Christian guys but none of them are him... I really don't want to do anything to ruin our friendship, so right now I am very torn.  I also more than anything don't want to act out of God's will... can anyone advise??           
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:48:33 AM »

Hi there Mist, it's been a while since your last visit or at least since I saw you here last. It's good to see you again.  Wink

Mist, I am not in the dating scene and haven't been for eons.  Grin
I am in my late 50's and happily married, but please let me tell you, God doesn't need your help or anyone else's, if this young man is the one the Lord has chosen for you nothing can stop it. Just the fact that he chose to start a conversation with you and give you a very nice compliment should make you feel happy and not confused.
God knows everything that is in your heart, and all the things you want and need, however unless you pray and ask Him for them, He won't answer your prayer.
So my advise would be to keep on putting God first in your life, and pray, don't be afraid ask God. If this young man is the one for you than no one and nothing will be able to interfere because it is of God. So just keep being yourself, apparently there is something about you that caused this young man to spot you of all the other girls that were present. Keep being yourself, and keep praying. God will never steer you wrong.
Don't try to figure anything out, let go and let God.  Cheesy

I will be praying for you.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the