Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:26:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Witnessing - what it means!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Witnessing - what it means!  (Read 8917 times)
Biff

View Profile WWW
« on: January 12, 2007, 02:40:34 PM »

My wife and I have been converted to the Lord Jesus Christ for 30 years now.

I'll make this a short story.

Since becoming Christians our family members don't like us, don't want to be around us, nor around who we stand for.  They know what's right and wrong, yet against their own mother they have personally attacked her with words saying that they don't ever want to see her again, and that she has no right to warn them of sending their teen age boy to go live with our homosexual son and his lover for one week undisturbed.
They have no idea of how much their doing that disturbed us, proving they don't really care about us and what they've been taught or about God.

Basically, that was what brought out and it revealed everything in them and where they stood (although we knew it).  They not only protested, but said they wanted nothing more to do with us (we had criticized their plans, roughly twice in 3 years because of the homosexual thing), and even the grandmother (my wife's mother) just got back from spending a week alone with our son and his lover after my wife asked her to please, for her sake, not to go.

Now --- my wife is saddened over the children and her mother.  She understands persecution for righteousness sake.  We did what we knew we had to do, thinking that maybe there was a chance they would see the light.  There's no problem at all in doing that!  She sorrows over her family, and would like it to be as it once was.  But she knows that will never be!  They no longer speak to us, basically because we're Christians who Keep His word, and they want to be free of it!

We both know that persection must come and will come IF that family member is a true follower/disciple of Christ who Keeps God's word  - Matthew 10:34-40; Luke 12:49-53.  (Thank you and bless you, Lord!)

Colossians 1:24b... and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

She, more than I, am filling up those afflictions left behind of Christ because she is a member of the church!  Nevertheless, it doesn't make it any easier when I read her Matthew 5:11-12 or 1 Peter 3:14.

My wife is Very Precious to me, and is next to the Lord Himself.  At times her tears and sorrow for her family (who cut themselves off from her) are real, and I dislike to see her like this (whether inside or on the surface) - yet I know that as Christians none of us can escape Godly persection for the sake of speaking for and standing for the Truth.

Is there some teaching or study that you (who understand) can recommend that I may comfort her with??  Or am I just whistling dixie as I see the words of Paul in Collosians 1 :24 being played out until He comes???

Thank you all,

Biff - for Suzanne
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 04:17:57 PM »

It is indeed a very saddening thing to have loved ones that are lost and following the ways of the world. It tares at the very fibers of a heart that otherwise knows a love and peace beyond measure. As much as it hurts we must stand fast in the Lord. Sometimes when family members refuse to see or hear the truth to the point of not having anything to do with us we must place it all in the Lord's hand's. We must rely on and in His rest that all will be worked out according to His will.  I will gladly join you and your wife in prayer for your family.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Crosslight

Jesus Is My Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:01:06 PM »

Hey

I am sort of new here, but I wanted to add my two cents worth.  I hope it helps. 

I am a charismatic, pentacostal, word of faith, hearing God's voice, and five fold ministry type of person, (it's okay, there are many more out there like me.. (smiles)   )  and when I first heard the Lord speak to me, it changed my life.. and another result of hearing and obeying was that I was totally rejected. 

It took three years to get all the damage done.. since I was trying and trying to convince my family that I was not talking with the devil.  But, finally, it was over.  It was time I had to go on.  My grandmother was hanging up on me and things like that.  No one would talk to me anymore. 

It tore me up.  I wasn't being weird, or mean, or really saying anything strange, it was just that I was becoming a full time christian for the first time in my life. 

Anyway... here is what I think...  I will stay my path.  I will hold my ground and follow the Lord Jesus to the best of my ability.  That means, that I will follow through with what I understand He wants.. and one of those things is staying very close to Him.  That means I pray alot.  (too much for worldly people to understand.. oh what a joy).

I may be rejected now, but you know.. those who embrace the world, especially young adults who feel like they got a grip on life, find out later that they don't.  That the life they have chosen is cheap and will let you down in a second.  They find that even after all the work they do, they are not rewarded, not really, not really satisfied.  Then, they will see you and your wife.  They will see that your relationship with the Lord God is real.  They will see that they need Him too.

Be the witness.  You're a witness to the real Thing..
Stay your course and always be kind.. not compromising, just kind.  It will make a huge difference when the chips are down.

There.. I hope I helped. 
you can email me if you want.. I know a beautiful couple who have had some trials with their children who are blessed with the gift of encouragement.  They are beautiful and real people.  I could connect you with them.

and remember...
Prayer changes things.

shalom
stace\o/

Pressing Higher Toward the High Call
Biff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 06:58:40 PM »

Crosslight,

That the life they have chosen is cheap and will let you down in a second.  They find that even after all the work they do, they are not rewarded, not really, not really satisfied.  Then, they will see you and your wife.  They will see that your relationship with the Lord God is real.  They will see that they need Him too.

You don't seem to understand.  They want nothing more to do with us, because of our Lord!  Their sick of Him and us - they rejected us - we're the parents - they left us - there is no more contact - no more communication.  They went their way, and we went ours!  We're as Dead to them as they are to us!   Wink

Have a nice day.

Biff   
Crosslight

Jesus Is My Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 07:36:13 PM »

I am sorry, but I do understand.
It is not hopeless unless you give up.
Go about your business and be faithful to God.
In time, life itself will be their teacher.

I know that I know it is so hard for the both of you.  And I know the Lord knows your pain too.  Our Father saw His son rejected by His own creation.  But, many came around later. 

My own personal advice is not to try to make contact.. nor restore.  Not if you have done all you can.  Just go on and trust the Lord.  Pray the Prayer that Paul prayed in Eph 1 for them. 

I am sorry if I am unable to help.  I have been there too, where the words that anyone said would not help.  But hang in there.   Help is on the way for those who pray.

stace\o/

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 09:38:50 PM »

Hello Biff,

We can join you in prayer and keep you and your family in prayer. Nothing in prayer is ever wasted, and GOD loves to hear our prayers.

Brother, we serve an ALL MIGHTY AND ALL POWERFUL GOD who does as HE pleases in Heaven and on earth, so there are no lost causes. Nothing can stop us from praying for them, and the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD can still soften their hearts for HIS TRUTH.

Brother, there are times when all we can do is lay things at the feet of JESUS, pray, and keep praying. Giving things to GOD and praying is many times the best service we can render to those who we love. GOD does the difficult and impossible every day. I know this isn't very comforting right now, but GOD is also with us every step of the way. GOD also gave us each other to strengthen and encourage one another. So, KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:2 NASB  that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself,

Biff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 08:26:15 PM »

I am sorry, but I do understand.

I didn't mean that you have no understand concerning these things.  Our circumstances differ.  Also, our conscience is clear, and after doing all we can do; without compromising the word of God, we are standing, as we have forgiven them from the heart.  They're not doing it to us but to Christ through us!

It is not hopeless unless you give up.

For 30 years they have known where we stood and heard the truth.  They reject it and have always rejected it.
They don't want to hear it anymore (is putting it mildly).  We're not their saviour.

To say it as simply as I know how - we intend to do nothing!  IF and when we should hear from them and there is a spirit of repentance in whoever contacts us, of course we're ready for reconciliation to THAT person.
But after 30 years and knowing the flesh, knowing WHO I do, and knowing the scriptures well, we're not holding our breath... hope or no hope!

Pray for us.

Biff for Suzanne
Biff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 08:40:45 PM »

Thanks Tom:

Great Scripture -- Colossians 2:2 NASB  that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself,

----------------------------------------

1 Peter 2:19-21  For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.  For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.  For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Thanks again.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 01:03:56 AM »

Biff,

You are most welcome. I firmly believe that GOD gives us fellowship for many reasons, and sharing each other's burdens is definitely one of those reasons. We are already fellow members of the household of faith and will spend Eternity together with JESUS. GOD did intend for us to encourage and strengthen each other for the trials that are sure to come in this short life. Our HOPE is SURE, and it now becomes a matter of who shares it with us. GOD is still working and the HARVEST isn't complete yet.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 3:5 NASB  Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,

Psalms 111:2 NASB  Great are the works of the LORD; They are studied by all who delight in them.

Psalms 135:6 NASB  Whatever the LORD pleases, He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps.

Biff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 10:41:41 PM »

crosslight,

If in any way I mistreated you with my words, please forgive me.  This was not my intention.
You had witnessed that you had lost your entire family when you came to Christ, wish to God there were more like you.
Again, please forgive me for any misunderstanding between us.

Luke 14:26-27  If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Again, blessings on your head, crosslight.

In Him,
Biff
Crosslight

Jesus Is My Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 09:11:05 AM »

No, no harm done.  Persecution on this earth is not the most tasty thing.. especially from families. 
but the relationship with our Lord Jesus is worth it all. 

Blessings to you and yours
stace\o/

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 01:15:20 AM »

I didn't mean that you have no understand concerning these things.  Our circumstances differ.  Also, our conscience is clear, and after doing all we can do; without compromising the word of God, we are standing, as we have forgiven them from the heart.  They're not doing it to us but to Christ through us!

For 30 years they have known where we stood and heard the truth.  They reject it and have always rejected it.
They don't want to hear it anymore (is putting it mildly).  We're not their saviour.

To say it as simply as I know how - we intend to do nothing!  IF and when we should hear from them and there is a spirit of repentance in whoever contacts us, of course we're ready for reconciliation to THAT person.
But after 30 years and knowing the flesh, knowing WHO I do, and knowing the scriptures well, we're not holding our breath... hope or no hope!

Pray for us.

Biff for Suzanne

Biff, I'm sorry to hear about what is happening with your family.  But sometimes , as you and others have mentioned, we must just leave them in God's Hands.  Sometimes when no Christian is around them or trying to witness to them, things will start to happen in their lives that will bring them to the point of knowing they need Christ to save them.  Life without Christ can get very ugly at times....or at least not peaceful.  We need to pray that the Holy Spirit will convict your family of sin.  In the meantime, with God's help, live your life in peace and the love of Christ.  God will work things out eventually.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the