Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:53:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Not Used In Most Churches To Day.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not Used In Most Churches To Day.  (Read 3857 times)
Amisk

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;1030

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2007, 09:10:01 PM »

"Such words as "sin" and "sinner" are almost becoming archaic in our language expect among a very small circle of hard-core Christians who still accept God’s special disclosure  about the human condition. These people are regarded by society as fanatics who are out of the fringe of things. They have no part in the mainstream of modern thought."
 ---W. Philip Keller  ***** Predators in Our Pulpits    ( A book that every Christian must read.)                                 

Have A Honey Of A Day!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 09:18:31 PM »

"Such words as "sin" and "sinner" are almost becoming archaic in our language expect among a very small circle of hard-core Christians who still accept God’s special disclosure  about the human condition. These people are regarded by society as fanatics who are out of the fringe of things. They have no part in the mainstream of modern thought."
 ---W. Philip Keller  ***** Predators in Our Pulpits    ( A book that every Christian must read.)                                 

Hello Amisk,

It's great to hear from you.

I guess that I'm one of those fanatics, and all of my friends are fanatics. I don't have much use for the politically correct - please the world types.   Grin

In fact, it just might be a compliment to be called a fanatic with that kind of definition. Sin still leads people to a knowledge that they are desperate for a Saviour, and the Only ONE is JESUS CHRIST.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 3:22-26 NASB  But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

heirtoHisriches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 04:43:23 PM »

it's easy to 'disguise' yourself when no one is pointing a finger at you.  Part of defeating the enemy is to identify him for who he is.  he takes pleasure in being able to misguide believers.  How will you ever accept that you need to be redeem, if you're not identified as a sinner.  It makes it easier to remain in sin if I'm not offended for being one.

Don't call them sinners:  "it's not politically correct."  "it might hurt their feelings."  "it might give them the wrong impression."  Who are we worshipping, God or man?  Call me a fanatic!

"There is no substitute for what is right.  And that which is Truth will always be Truth whether if I believe in it or not."
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 07:47:57 PM »

"Such words as "sin" and "sinner" are almost becoming archaic in our language

You haven't visited my Church, I use those words in every sermon.

ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 02:16:20 AM »

another word that is sadly not being used much anymore   blood.

I have noticed as well that many churches have no alters anymore. If
anyone knows of alters not being used, or having been "put away"
email me, and I will pay to have them shipped to me.

I love to see a tear-stained alter, because I know that somebody touched, and
was touched by God.

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
Faithin1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 12:59:10 PM »

I totally agree with your comments.  Identifying 'sin' seems to be taboo.  It is more important to ensure the congregation is being entertained, rather than convicted by preaching the true Word of God.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
russ44k

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 05:33:04 PM »

Its a problem that seems to be growing .and why I don, 't really know ,but to be a user friendly church.
1John 1:8-2:2
v8 If we say that we have no sin,we are deceiving our selves ,and theTRUTH is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins,He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned , we make HIM a lier,and HIS word is not in us.
2:1 My little children ,I am writing these  things to you that you may not sin.and If anyone sins, we have a Advocate with the Father ,Jesus Christ the righteous;
2 and HE HIMSELF is the propitiation for our sins;and not for ours only ,but also for those of the world.
{NASB}
If a specific topic such as sin didn't need to be taught in church then we wouldn't have verses like this .
I'm far from perfect and I'm glad I have a Advocate with the Father for me.I do not agree with all doctrines taught by various denominations but how could you not teach that we are sinners and feel people will have a personnel relationship with Christ .For if there is not sin then Christ didn't need to die.
teach GODS word to its fullest and see the results that can come.I don't care much for user friendly churches

B= basic
I= instructions
B= before
L= leaving
E=earth
russ44k

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 06:45:25 PM »

oops wrong one

B= basic
I= instructions
B= before
L= leaving
E=earth
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 05:55:21 AM »

another word that is sadly not being used much anymore   blood.

I have noticed as well that many churches have no alters anymore. If
anyone knows of alters not being used, or having been "put away"
email me, and I will pay to have them shipped to me.

I love to see a tear-stained alter, because I know that somebody touched, and
was touched by God.

Amen Ravenloche!

Brother, it's great to hear from you. "Blood" can be a lengthy, beautiful, and fascinating Bible Study. It's really a thread that ties the entire Bible together, and the LIGHT literally comes on when this is understood. My first thoughts are the shadows of things to come in the Old Testament and the ULTIMATE REALITY of JESUS CHRIST on the CROSS, the LIGHT for a dark and dying world.

Blood sounds like a gross topic to many people, but it's a beautiful topic for Christians who understand that there can't be any Eternal Forgiveness without the Blood of JESUS CHRIST on the CROSS. Only HE could pay the price for me and rescue me from the curse of sin and death. Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour Forever.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 6:23 NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Galatians 2:16 NASB  nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Ephesians 4:4-6 NASB  There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the