Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:06:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Easter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Easter  (Read 1818 times)
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2003, 12:54:01 PM »

Where did jesus go after his death from the cross?Also if there is scpicture please post.Thank you

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 08:01:52 PM »

Where did jesus go after his death from the cross?Also if there is scpicture please post.Thank you
Luke 23:39.  And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
 40.  But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
 41.  And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
 42.  And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
 43.  And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
 44.  And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
 45.  And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.
 46.  And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2003, 08:03:20 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 08:21:31 PM »

He went and preached to spirits in prison, another verse says he went to hell.

Here they are;

Acts 2
29  Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30  Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31  He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32  This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

1 Pet 3
18  For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19  By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20  Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21  The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
22  Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Blessings,

Petro

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2003, 08:37:29 PM »

He went and preached to spirits in prison, another verse says he went to hell.

Here they are;

Acts 2
29  Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30  Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31  He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32  This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

1 Pet 3
18  For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19  By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20  Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21  The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
22  Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Blessings,

Petro
Thanks, that one eluded my memory.

Support your local Christian.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 09:05:16 PM »

Ollie,

I don't undersdtand it, but when you posted the verse where He said to the thief,

"Today you will be with me in paradise"

Somehow or other when put with these other verse, it don't fit, since in your verse He says today.

Anyhow, I can see He was busy, for three days..

He never rested till He got the job done..thats for sure..

Blessings,
Petro

PhilMun

Mind your words!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 09:55:37 PM »

Hi,

Try to get the book by E W Kenyon; What happened from the cross to the Throne?

Live today as if you stand before God tomorrow! God has no partiality!!
ElmerGlue

Praying for the soon coming Kingdom of God.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 04:36:57 PM »

Ollie,

I don't undersdtand it, but when you posted the verse where He said to the thief,

Somehow or other when put with these other verse, it don't fit, since in your verse He says today.
I have to agree with you Petro, how can Jesus say 'today', when by the other posts, show that he went to hell...?

...that is unless they don't say what they we think they say...
 Huh

It is by faith that you make your decisions, and so this is my faith. We all make decisions based on what we know, so it is our responsibility to do what we feel, and know, is right.

It is when we do not make a decision on what we know and learn that we can do ourselves the biggest disservice.
4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2003, 07:18:30 AM »

Hi Phil,

(E W Kenyon) Isn't he the one who started the born again Jesus (suffered 3 days in hell for our sins) heresy?

Phil, run from this stuff, your messing around with essential doctrine.

God bless
4JC
rafter

I give up all controversy with God He is right!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2003, 08:50:07 AM »

Could it be that since the Son and the Father are one, that the thief on the cross was with Him in paradise "Today"? If the Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit are one then it would be appropriate for Jesus to say Today you will be with me in Paradise.

Also, how about a thousand years being as a day and a day being as a thousand years to the Lord?

One more thing, does time even exist in paradise or does time only exist here on earth?

These are all phrased as Questions and not doctrine so go gentily. It is just meant as more food for thought.... Smiley

Be anxious for nothing, but in all things, through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests know unto God.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 12:25:11 AM »

I'll go out on a limb here, but isn't our God omnipresent?  Is not Jesus Christ our Lord, Savior and the Son of God as well?  If so, would it not then be possible for Him to be in Paradise with the thief, preaching to those in prison, and dealing with Hell at the same time?  Just a thought... Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
PhilMun

Mind your words!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2003, 05:55:11 AM »

Hi Phil,

(E W Kenyon) Isn't he the one who started the born again Jesus (suffered 3 days in hell for our sins) heresy?

Phil, run from this stuff, your messing around with essential doctrine.

God bless

4JC

Hello 4JC, would you please let me know about it? I am not familiar with this Kenyon but know about this book. And have not read the book yet!

Blessings!

4JC

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2003, 02:44:10 AM »

Hi Phil,

It started with E W Kenyon,

"Jesus was conceived without sin. His body was not mortal. His body did not become mortal until the Father laid our sin nature upon Him when He hung on the cross. The moment that He became sin, His body became mortal, only then could He die. When this happened. spiritual death, the nature of Satan, took possession of His Spirit....He was to partake of Spiritual Death, the nature of the Adversary. . . .Jesus knew that the moment had come, and He was to he made Sin. He must partake of that dread nature of the Adversary. His body would become mortal. Satan would become His master. . . . He [Jesus] had been lifted up as a serpent. Serpent is Satan. Jesus knew He was going to be lifted up, united with the Adversary." (What Happened from the Cross to the Throne [Lynnwood, WA: Kenyon's Gospel Publishing Society, 1969], 20, 33, 44-45.)

Then it took off, and in most cases it got worse. See Hank Hanegraaff's book "Christianity in crisis".

Below is a typed out sermon that confronts the new versions of this old false teaching.

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/CHAOS13.HTM

If you find yourself hungry for bible study on any verse or topic, then see MacArthur's collection of sermons (below). On the Bible bulletin board you'll have access to all or most of the sermons by people like C H Spurgeon, J C Ryle, Gil Rugh and many others on just about every verse in the bible. You'll also find a questions and answers page, a search engine that will search by topic, word or phrase, and one that will search by scripture reference. These are gifted men who have dedicated their lives to the study and understanding of the word of God.

http://www.biblebb.com/mac.htm

God bless
4JC
PhilMun

Mind your words!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2003, 09:39:36 AM »

Hello 4JC

Thank you very much for the info on Kenyon.

I know John MacArthur and have some of his audio tapes. He too have doctrinal problems such as on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.

I like the teachings of Derek Prince, who died last month at the age of 88 at Jerusalem. If interested, you may get his site in 'favorite sites' at http://www.his-amazing-love.org

Thank you again. God bless you.

Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2003, 11:12:26 AM »

Ollie,

I have to agree with you Petro, how can Jesus say 'today', when by the other posts, show that he went to hell...?

...that is unless they don't say what they we think they say...
 Huh

May I make a little comment here?  If you put a comma beside the word Today, you will read it in accordance with the scriptures.
"Verily verily I say unto you today, you shall be with me in Paradise."
You see, there were no punctuation marks in the Hebrew.

Tamara.

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2003, 01:55:51 PM »

Very good thought, never thought of the comma.Makes sense though.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the