Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:50:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Shroud of Turin image has a ponytail! so do I!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shroud of Turin image has a ponytail! so do I!  (Read 6975 times)
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2003, 01:15:06 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Paul2,

Brother, you have raised some interesting issues that are worthy of further study. I find the information you've shared about the Shroud of Turin to be fascinating.

One of the questions might be, "how was it preserved these 2,000 years"? The same question could be asked about the Holy Bible. I'm positive that I know the answer about the Holy Bible. Almighty God wanted it preserved.

In Christ,
Tom

Ditto.
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2003, 11:20:31 PM »

I was going to let it go and all but I'm rather sick and tired of all the "different walks" folk and the excuses they give.  I show from scripture what is considered to be a shame and I'm now a "holier than thou business type".  Sounds pretty deffesive for someone that's so sure of themselves.

I have yet to see why I don't witness to bikers, hippies and the lot just because I believe the WORD and follow it for my attire and such.

I had long hair, and I have a tatto on my arm (that I wish could be gone.  It's not offensive or anything either).  Why will we say it's ok to have long hair to reach hippies but it's not ok to be drunk to reach the drunk?  There is no difference between the two to me.  I don't feel the need to do drugs to witness to the druggies out there.

Your CLASSIC, you have a tattoo and your giving me a lecture on what the Bible teaches about long hair. What does the Bible say about tattoos?

I truely believe Jesus had long hair, thats why I have long hair. If I thought Jesus had short hair I would have never let mine grow. If I thought Jesus had a tattoo... No, I don't like tattoos, and the Bible says not to tattoo ourselves.

You said you wished your tattoo was gone, well it could be if you were willing to pay big bucks to have it removed, but you must figure that it doesn't matter because you already have it. You said you believe the Word and follow the attire? Your body has a tattoo, thats not following the attire very well. I realize that you probably got it before you were a believer but ...hey, you have a tattoo. Some little old lady might find that offensive and not Christian like. You must feel like its ok to keep it though, somehow while your preaching on the long hair, it slips your mind that your a tattood HYPOCRITE!!!!!!

How many buzz cut pictures of Jesus have you seen? Don't artist know that long hair is shameful and they are portraying Jesus in a shameful way? It seems it never bothered anyone until now adays when a tattood Christian will give a ponytailed Christian a speech on following the word!

Question for you... If your tattoo had 666 on it, would you keep it? I'll bet you'd have it removed. You'd be crazy not to have it removed, why? Because the Bible tells us the fate of those who accept the mark of the beast. The tattoo you have must somehow be alright then? HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I'm being mean, and I know it. I'm just trying to make a point and I'm not really attacking you because I understand. But still theres a saying... people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... or should it be ... people with tattoos shouldn't bash those with long hair.

Get your tattoo removed and then tell me to cut my hair, or keep your tattoo and don't tell me to cut my hair. Take your pick.

P.S. I'm not cutting my hair until I'm convinced that Jesus requires it of me. I'm convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the shroud is His photograph and it has a ponytail.

No hard feelings but I found it fascinating that you'd confess to the tattoo after all the "different walks" holier than thou stuff. Your not holier than thou after all are you?

psps  the length of my hair doesn't affect my ability to debate or preach, or teach. You wouldn't know I had long hair if I didn't tell you as I wouldn't know about your tattoo. Drunks can't teach or preach or comprehend the Bible. Try to debate with a drunk, good luck.

Don't worry about the tattoo with me, I don't judge you anymore than you judge me Cool
                                                         Paul2

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2003, 11:28:23 PM »

Tamara:  ...but, because it is in the hands ot the catholic church...I cannot.
Love..Tamara.

Grin
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2003, 11:44:41 PM »

I'm sorry about that remark.  But, I can't truly trust the vatican.  There are so many questionable things about their crying statues, bleeding statues etct; so how can I believe that they have the ACTUAL shroud which was wrapped around the mortal body of the Son Of God?

I know all there is to know about the shroud.  But, I still cannot trust the vatican.  The shroud in which the body of Jesus was wrapped would be 2000 years old.  Cloth then was not made like cloth today.
I'm sorry and I ask your forgiveness, but, I cannot trust the vatican.

Love...Tamara.
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2003, 11:52:25 PM »

Tamara:  ...but, because it is in the hands ot the catholic church...I cannot.
Love..Tamara.

Grin

I'm sorry, I forgot to put this quote in my letter above letter.
You see, I believe the vatican has told so many lies that they can't stop!  And, I wouldn't put it past them to do the same to a human being during the reformation as was done to Jesus. After all, they have a terrific museum to get the coins out of!  And, the vatican is a vast establishment.  The Shroud, to me, has just become another idol of the established church of Rome.
Once again...I don't trust the vatican.
Love...Tamara.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2003, 02:19:09 AM »

I don't ever let my tatto show either.  You can feel free to call me a hypocrite all you want.  It matters little.  Do you have the five g's to pony up and let it get removed so it doesn't just further scar my body?  If so feel free to donate it and let me get it removed.  No little old ladies would ever see my tattoo because I make efforts to not let it show.  You are proud of your shame and I am not.  See the difference.  Probably not because you get too wrapped up in prophecy.  So do tell how many times have you toked up to witness?   Roll Eyes

I've yet to be around hippies who don't feel the need to be constantly stoned ESPECIALLY when they think they are getting deep (sigh that's a whole thing of it's own).  You are ACTIVELY doing a shame, while mine is from the past.  You can't seem to distinguish between the two, but that's no surprise to me.

A women who was once a prostitute has done much wrong yet can she change that which was done?  No so I suppose she couldn't tell others about how it's wrong to be a prostitute or even promicuous.  I'm not busy judging you either which is funny you get all hyped up about.  I'm telling you that the bible declares us to be apart while you are clearing saying to be assimilated.

Tell you you what.  When you are done with your shroud idol come on back maybe we can talk.  Until then you and all the others who need signs to believe have fun.  I don't need anything earthly (aside from the bible if we want to call that earthly) to have faith.  I could care less about future prophecy as well.  All I need to know is that someday I will die and if I do so without Jesus I will be in Hell.  It's that easy.

Why do I bother you're not the listening type?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 02:22:26 AM by Saved_4ever » Logged

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2003, 02:55:14 AM »

Ooook.  First of all, we do not know what Jesus looked like, other than the fact ( in paraphrase ) He wasn't much to look at.  He wasn't the attractive fellow that drew attention because of His appearance.  We don't know if He had long hair.  It is doubtful as Paul denounces it in the passage in 1 Corinthians.  However, I find it interesting that Paul doesn't say what is considered long, other than to compare it to the hair of a woman.  And his point was more for the stature of each gender in prayer and prophesying - the man in the image of God being uncovered, the woman in the image of man being covered.  But the point of the passage is often missed.  If the man is to have short hair, then the woman is to have her head covered in prayer as well.  How many women follow that?  My wife doesn't cover her head, nor do I expect her too.  I'm bald by choice and by nature  Grin.  Does that make me more godly than another?  As Paul says..."judge for yourselves."

I will say practically, that few people spoke to me when I had the preacher's haircut.  It wasn't until I was clean shaven that people related to me.  Doors opened that I tried before to pry open.  Am I suggesting a pragmatic approach?  Hardly!  Rather, I believe God those sinners He's redeemed inspite of their sin...so would He not use them inspite of their hair?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2003, 03:03:23 AM »

As far as the women and covering their head, I have gone round about with people on that one.  I hear one side say it's a physical garment.  Then I hear the other side say that because of another passage that claims the womens hair is a covering that settles it.  

Then there is always the side that just doesn't care, they also have women preachers and stuff too some divorced even.  I think you know how I feel about them.  Wink

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2003, 04:15:14 AM »

Oh!  So I suppose you're against women preachers now too?  Wait!  Sooo am I!   Grin  Yah, I can see the passages approach to the woman having her hair as a covering.  I also can see how styles have changed through the ages, and what was long then may not be now, or visa versa.  Take the founding fathers.  They all wore ponytails!  Small ones, but ones nontheless.  In other words, I've always believed (and possibly wrongly so) that it was having the ability to differentiate between the two genders.  Paul even eludes to that in the passage.  He is pointing out the necessity of difference to reflect the standing of each before God and in light of God.  I've seen long haired guys I'd never doubt were guys, and yet I've seen others that made you wonder until you saw their face...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2003, 06:03:17 AM »

Can't listen to women preacher's myself All!
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2003, 06:19:00 AM »

When I was younger and had long hair I had a few people say "excuse me miss".  Now to be totally fair about it I did always think they weren't the quickest of people seeing that I wasn't a small person.  I was 5' 9" and weighed about 230 and had a gotee(chin only).  I also have what you might call "football" shoulders.  If I was a woman I'd be one ugly woman.  Still I think it shows exactly why men should have short hair.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2003, 08:02:57 AM »

Jas,

I was from the day of the mullet (can't recall if that's the name for it or not...), and I had one!  Rather long, down to about the middle of my back.  But never once did anyone ever think I was a woman.  Oh well.  I like being bald better anyway.   Grin

Tamara,

Amen sister!

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2003, 03:49:16 PM »

Jas,

I was from the day of the mullet (can't recall if that's the name for it or not...), and I had one!  Rather long, down to about the middle of my back.  But never once did anyone ever think I was a woman.  Oh well.  I like being bald better anyway.   Grin

Tamara,

Amen sister!

That's not really long hair.  It's just pure confusion. hehehe  

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2003, 03:51:02 PM »

Hey was it anything like this:

Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2003, 09:04:18 PM »

I don't ever let my tatto show either.  You can feel free to call me a hypocrite all you want.  It matters little.  Do you have the five g's to pony up and let it get removed so it doesn't just further scar my body?

(tucking hair up under hat) Hypocrite, now we're even, both hiding our shame. Why should I pay for the tattoo on YOUR body? I wouldn't expect someone to pay for my haircut.

If so feel free to donate it and let me get it removed.  No little old ladies would ever see my tattoo because I make efforts to not let it show.  You are proud of your shame and I am not.  See the difference.  Probably not because you get too wrapped up in prophecy.  So do tell how many times have you toked up to witness?   Roll Eyes

"Too wrapped up in prophecy?"  Heres a little fact for you, 4/5ths of the Bible was prophetic at the time it was written. Prophecy began in Genesis and ends in Revelation. The Bible is a prophetic Book. God gave us His word on events that were prophetic from the beginning, the Messiah, for instance.

I'm not to wrapped up in prophecy, I seek to understand the prophecies God gave to be understood. God gave us a mystery to be solved, not to be ignored. What do you think He was just wasting His breath, so to speak? The book of Revelation starts with "the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is being revealed in this book. This is not important to you? How could you not be interested in the prophecies and revelations of Jesus Christ, which were written for us to have and understand His word and will? Well, there goes 4/5ths of the Bible which was prophetic.

I have never "toked up" to witness.

You are ACTIVELY doing a shame, while mine is from the past.  You can't seem to distinguish between the two, but that's no surprise to me.

So as long as I "hide" my shame and wear a hat I'll be O.K., just like as long as you wear a long sleeved shirt your O.K. We just better not go swimming then right? Cool

I'm not busy judging you either which is funny you get all hyped up about.  I'm telling you that the bible declares us to be apart while you are clearing saying to be assimilated.

funny, I'm the only parent at my sons school with a pony tail. I'm not assimilating all that well. By the way the Bible also tells us not to have contempt for prophecy. I'll never understand a Christian that has no desire to know all the Lord has given for him to understand.

Tell you you what.  When you are done with your shroud idol come on back maybe we can talk.  Until then you and all the others who need signs to believe have fun.  I don't need anything earthly (aside from the bible if we want to call that earthly) to have faith.  I could care less about future prophecy as well.  All I need to know is that someday I will die and if I do so without Jesus I will be in Hell.  It's that easy.

Why do I bother you're not the listening type?

I don't idolize the shroud, I have respect for it because I believe that the life force blood of Jesus Christ that was shed for our redemption is on that cloth. I don't need the shroud to believe, or any other "signs", God's word and His prophecies have convinced me of the truth of the Bible, and Jesus Christ. You could "care less" about future prophecy? Like Jesus coming back to establish His kingdom? Thats not important to you? I'll let you in on a secret, its important to God! The Bible does not contain anything that is not important. Jesus Christ coming to reign over His creation is the most important part of the Bible, along with Salvation. We only have a few of the words Jesus spoke, so we should pay close attention to everything He had to say. If its in the Bible its important and meant to be studied and understood.

Sounds like escaping hell is your primary goal, not understanding Jesus and His revelation that was given to you.
Maybe you don't understand prophecy but what gives you the right to decide I spend to much time on it? Perhaps the reason I can understand prophecy is because I'm willing to share my studies with others. Some people want to study prophecy, and I believe we should. I believe one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is understanding prophecy, and I'm thankful for the gift. You have your purpose and I have mine. God still uses me long hair and all. God only uses sinners because thats all there is on earth, sinners. Theres two types, ones that knows their sinners, and ones that pretend their not sinners. People sin everyday and aren't even aware of it. They consider themselves "good". Well I'm a sinner and don't deny it. I've never met anyone that could keep ALL THEIR THOUGHTS CAPTIVE PERFECTLY! Our self righteousness is filty rags before the Lord. Theres only one that is perfect, Jesus Christ.

I just happen to look forward to Jesus Christ Rapturing His Church to be with Him, is there something wrong with wanting to be with Jesus, if thats His will? I look forward to His Kingdom and eterity with Him. I teach prophecy because to many Christians don't, and some people like to study ALL of the Bible, even the 4/5ths that contain prophecy.

Paul2 Cool

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the