Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:03:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  2 questions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 7888 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 07:23:36 PM »

You mention using thought. Then think on these things for awhile.

Well, the thought of surrendering my life just bothers me. I know the Truth is meant to set us free, but I'd just feel imprisoned since my heart doesn't want to surrender.

Without Christ is being enslaved to sin. Sin controls you. Without Christ is being enslaved and controlled by Satan and eventually will lead to being imprisoned in Hell. With Christ we are freed from the chains of sin:

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

That is true freedom and a life that has true meaning.

The thing is, I keep thinking the above Truth. But it doesn't seem to sink in to my heart. It just seems like thought, as someone mentioned in my other thread. I dunno... I'm just really confused.

Accepting Christ and choosing to follow in His footsteps does start with the mind. It is thoughts that lead us to acknowledging that Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour over all. It is in our heart that we open the door and let Him enter into our lives. It is in our heart that we experience the love that is above all loves. We love Him, why? Because He first loved us and we see this in the fact that there is no greater love than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Think about this awhile. God came to us in the flesh. He gave His life in our place that we may have eternal life. Yes, the most powerful person that there ever was and ever will be came to earth and suffered excruciating pain, horrendous agony and death just for us. He did all this because He loves us and wants us to live with Him forever.

Joh 15:13  Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

It is just one step from mind to heart. You said that you have already taken that step. If not then now is the time to do so. If you did then Christ has already entered in and it is just a matter of your turning from the old ways, repenting, and following Him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
brad5

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 09:34:23 PM »

Well, about a year ago, I asked Jesus into my heart after gaining head-knowledge of Christianity. Is that the step you mean?

Because now I feel faithless, unrepentive (though there's a little part of me that wants to repent-- I'm assumming that's God gently urging me), my love for God is dry, and I don't have the "emotion" aspect anymore.

Is it possible for someone who at one time asked Jesus into their hearts to feel this way? Because if not, I don't know if I can take that step now. I feel like I'm in the same situation as Esau (though I haven't read that whole story yet, forgive me if that's a wrong comparision), but I feel like I'm unrepentant, and yet I want to repent. It's confusing.

If someone can clear this up, please do. Thank you.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 01:38:30 AM »

Hello Brad,

Did you read and study Ephesians 2 like we asked you to?

Beloved

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 11:34:20 PM »

I guess I just don't understand what it means to be hungry and thirsty then. Because from my view (and I'm probably wrong here, hence I don't understand what being hungry/thirsty mean), if I was hungry/thirsty, I don't see why I would be making excuses when the answers come to me. Wouldn't I just happily accept the answers? I don't get it...  Huh

I'm sorry if I come off stubborn, but I honestly just don't get it.

First, I will go in agreement with others that you read and study Ephesians 2.

No, you won't just happily accept the answers because your focus is on the wrong thing.  Instead of 'trying' to get 'it'.  Focus on His Word.   

Romans 12:2;  Psalm 119:11; Phillipians 4:6  - I think that is plenty to feed your hunger and thirst for now. 

Just as if you stop physically eating your stomach shrinks and the signals to your brain are reduced after a period of time that you don't 'feel' hungry.  Likewise, if you don't feel on the Word of God may not 'feel' as hungry/thirsty but once you start to feed that hunger/thirst increases.   Don't think about it or how it works - just put it into action.

Blessings and Peace.

2Corinthians 4:7(KJV)

7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Seeking Him

Are you Ready?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »

It is you that is doing the rejecting. You were given many wonderful answers in the other thread. Stop struggling with your salvation, repent and turn back towards Jesus, follow Him and not the things of this world.

those are very touching words. Thank you Pastor Roger!! Even though this thread was not to me, i take those words in consideration. Amen!

Are you ready to die for what you believe??
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the