Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:26:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  U.S. Islamic?(hehe)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.S. Islamic?(hehe)  (Read 3688 times)
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2003, 03:29:56 AM »

To me, the moslems and islams or whatever they are, do not believe that Jesus was the Son of God.  That makes their Quaran obsolete to me also.  They have their own country.
We have the Bible, plus our own country.  So, I can't see why they can't have their own country, plus their quaran.

Tamara.
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2003, 03:59:54 PM »

To me, the moslems and islams or whatever they are, do not believe that Jesus was the Son of God.  That makes their Quaran obsolete to me also.  They have their own country.
We have the Bible, plus our own country.  So, I can't see why they can't have their own country, plus their quaran.

Tamara.
Tamara,
        VERY good point indeed. Neither them or their book should hold any wieght.  

musicllover
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2003, 09:02:12 PM »

To me Music...they don't.  And...to me, they have their own country where they can do what they like with their own quaran or whatever they call it.  They are not christians, so why invade christian countries.  Worst still...why do the Governments allow them.  
The Bible reigns supreme.  Prasise Our Lord Jesus Christ, The Son Of God!  LOrd Of Lords! King Of Kings!  He Shall Reign Forever And Ever!  Praise His Immense Sacrifice!  Praise His Love!  And...let the New Testament be our love and our guide through life.
Let the moslems and islams have their whatever...and keep away from me.  I'm a CHRISTIAN.

Love Tamara.
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2003, 09:17:10 PM »

There is another little point I'd like to bring up here too.  In this quoran of theirs, do they have the commandment, "Thou Shalt Not Kill"?  Or does did their allah dance in the streets with joy as they did when the Twin Towers were destroyed on 9th 11th.  And, innocent people died in the Bali Bombing...
Did this allah condone this act of murder on a grand scale...
If you mention  the word 'terrorists' I ask one question...
Why were ordinary people dancing with joy in the streets when the twin towers were destroyed.

Tamara.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2003, 07:46:24 AM »

To me Music...they don't.  And...to me, they have their own country where they can do what they like with their own quaran or whatever they call it.  They are not christians, so why invade christian countries.  Worst still...why do the Governments allow them.  
Australia?  A Christian country?  LOL

I'm currently in a school where over one third of the students are Muslims.
The school has a great atmosphere, the muslim girls are everybit as decent, and (on average) a heck of a lot more prayerful and God fearing than the average kid in a government school around here.

On the other hand, Christians invaded this land and took it (illegally) from its original inhabitants a couple of centuries ago.

Let the moslems and islams have their whatever...and keep away from me.  I'm a CHRISTIAN.
The fact that you can't distinguish between the word muslim and the word Islam speaks volumes about your knowledge of the matter.   Try meeting some muslims - you might stop being frightened of them.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2003, 07:56:47 AM »

There is another little point I'd like to bring up here too.  In this quoran of theirs, do they have the commandment, "Thou Shalt Not Kill"?

There is a heck of a lot in the Quran about compassion, mercy, and not killing.  On the other hand, violent nutters can use any religious book to justify their hate, as people have done with the bible many times in the past.  Most muslims are every bit of peace loving as most christians.

Or does did their allah dance in the streets with joy as they did when the Twin Towers were destroyed on 9th 11th.

Their Allah is our Allah.  Allah is just the arabic word for God.  Arabic Christians call God Allah.

The fact that some muslims celebrated an attack on America - a country they see (not without reason) as perpetrating huge injustice in the world - does not make a love of death a representative view of most muslims.

And, innocent people died in the Bali Bombing...
Did this allah condone this act of murder on a grand scale...
Most muslims would say know.  You can't blame one-sixth (or whatever it is) of the worlds population for the actions of a few nutters.

If you mention  the word 'terrorists' I ask one question...
Why were ordinary people dancing with joy in the streets when the twin towers were destroyed.

A few were.  Mostly because they see America (& the west in general) as living in luxury while holding them in poverty.  And they do have a point.  (Not that that in any way justifies the actions of the terrorists.)

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2003, 07:59:20 PM »

Ebia, you make some reasonable points.  But, you also said,

Mostly because they see America (& the west in general) as living in luxury while holding them in poverty

So...How are we holding anyone in poverty??
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2003, 10:18:25 PM »

Australia?  A Christian country?  LOL

I'm currently in a school where over one third of the students are Muslims.
The school has a great atmosphere, the muslim girls are everybit as decent, and (on average) a heck of a lot more prayerful and God fearing than the average kid in a government school around here.

On the other hand, Christians invaded this land and took it (illegally) from its original inhabitants a couple of centuries ago.

The fact that you can't distinguish between the word muslim and the word Islam speaks volumes about your knowledge of the matter.   Try meeting some muslims - you might stop being frightened of them.

Ebia, you stated "Australia? A christian country?"  YES! WE were a christian country until we were legally invaded!
And, most of us are STILL christian!
THEIR ALLAH IS OUR GOD?Huh  So why don't they believe Jesus is the Christ?  My GOD HAS A SON CALLED JESUS WHO GAVE HIS LIFE FOR ME!  Does their allah?
The fact that I casn't distinguish between the word muslin and the islam thing is because they both hold NO INTEREST for me!
Do you think I would waste my time learning about foreign religions who do not believe Jesus is the Christ?  No way!
I have enough to study about MY GOD!  AND MY FATHER! AND MY LORD JESUS CHRIST!
IF they took their handkerchieves off their heads and accepted CHRIST as their SAVIOUR, THEN I would gladly welcome them!  BUT! Until then.  Let them go back to where they came from and take their quaran with them.
HOW is America holding them in poverty?
Right now America is spending millions of dollars trying to get them out of the mess they got themselves into!

My stepdaughter has a friend who works with some of these people who stated to her that they would kill her and all of us if it came to war in Australia!  How nice of them!
Yes, so called 'christians' came to thios country and took it. And many GOOD people came here too!
My great great grandfather migrated here because he was teaching children the Bible in Ireland, behind hedgerows.  It was either migrate - or be tried and murdered.  He migrated.

So don't go on to me about your muslim friends!  If they are truly christian, they won't be wearing those handkerchieves around their heads.  And if they are not. PRAISE GOD!

Don't worry...most of them are living in luxury in Australia as our Government hands out to them the hard earned taxes of the Australian people.  
How did they react when America went into Iraq?  Well, in one place, they SPAT AT AUSTRALIANS!

So, don't preach to me about muslims or islams or whatever they are. I am certainly not frightened of them.  I am just not interested in them and to talk of them to me is a waste of time and effort.
I have the Bible.  I don't need to even look at their quoran.  It's got nothing to do with me! And, if you are a Christian, it's got nothing to do with you.  Stick to the Inspired Word Of God.
I have nothing further to say about this matter.
Tamara.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2003, 03:59:20 AM »

Ebia, you make some reasonable points.  But, you also said,

Mostly because they see America (& the west in general) as living in luxury while holding them in poverty

So...How are we holding anyone in poverty??
By trading unfairly.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2003, 04:19:57 AM »

Ebia, you stated "Australia? A christian country?"  YES! WE were a christian country until we were legally invaded!
Australia has only had Christians living here for a couple of hundred years.  Its been populated for around 30,000 years.
Most people may still claim to be Christian, but (like the UK) that just means they vaguely believe in God.  They don't go to church, they don't pray, ...   They are Christian in name only.

THEIR ALLAH IS OUR GOD?Huh  So why don't they believe Jesus is the Christ?  My GOD HAS A SON CALLED JESUS WHO GAVE HIS LIFE FOR ME!  Does their allah?
Yes. But they don't know it.   Their God is clearly the same as our God, but we disagree about some of the facts about Him.

The fact that I casn't distinguish between the word muslin and the islam thing is because they both hold NO INTEREST for me!
I kind of guessed that.

Do you think I would waste my time learning about foreign religions who do not believe Jesus is the Christ?  No way!
Fine, but don't expect your views to cut a lot a weight when discussing them.

IF they took their handkerchieves off their heads and accepted CHRIST as their SAVIOUR, THEN I would gladly welcome them!  BUT! Until then.  Let them go back to where they came from and take their quaran with them.
Why?   Christians stole this country from its original inhabitants.   The muslims who come here do so legally, as productive members of society (on the whole), and probably know a heck of a lot more about God than most of those who profess to be Christian, let alone the many athiests & agnostics who live here.

See above.

Right now America is spending millions of dollars trying to get them out of the mess they got themselves into!
A mess the west (mostly Europe, and the UK in particular, but America included in the later stages) created and allowed to develop.  The west was very happy to help arm the dictatorship in Iraq when they wanted someone to fight Iran. (for example).

My stepdaughter has a friend who works with some of these people who stated to her that they would kill her and all of us if it came to war in Australia!  How nice of them!
I've heard some very nasty comments from Christians too.  Proves nothing.

Yes, so called 'christians' came to thios country and took it. And many GOOD people came here too!
My great great grandfather migrated here because he was teaching children the Bible in Ireland, behind hedgerows.  It was either migrate - or be tried and murdered.  He migrated.
Fine.  So what.  What drove him here is very similar to what drives these people and others here.   They come to live useful and productive lives.   Australia's strength now is its diversity, and Australians should be proud of it.

So don't go on to me about your muslim friends!  If they are truly christian, they won't be wearing those handkerchieves around their heads.  And if they are not. PRAISE GOD!
They are not Christians, but most of them have a much better relationship than most so called Christians in this country.

Don't worry...most of them are living in luxury in Australia as our Government hands out to them the hard earned taxes of the Australian people.  
How did they react when America went into Iraq?  Well, in one place, they SPAT AT AUSTRALIANS!
And others were pleased to see them arrive.  Given all that the Iraqi people have gone through for the last few decades, it would hardly be reasonable to expect every single one to agree that the war was a good thing.   We don't all agree it was here, and it wasn't our children getting bombed.

So, don't preach to me about muslims or islams or whatever they are. I am certainly not frightened of them.  

Well you sound it.

I am just not interested in them and to talk of them to me is a waste of time and effort.
I have the Bible.  I don't need to even look at their quoran.  It's got nothing to do with me! And, if you are a Christian, it's got nothing to do with you.  Stick to the Inspired Word Of God.
I'm not about to convert to Islam.  But neither am I about to start treating any human being as less than a very special child of God.   Least of all one who is making a real effort to have a relationship with God, even if they have got some of their facts wrong.

Tamara.
Smiley

musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2003, 12:02:44 AM »

Australia has only had Christians living here for a couple of hundred years.  Its been populated for around 30,000 years.
Most people may still claim to be Christian, but (like the UK) that just means they vaguely believe in God.  They don't go to church, they don't pray, ...   They are Christian in name only.

Yes. But they don't know it.   Their God is clearly the same as our God, but we disagree about some of the facts about Him.

I kind of guessed that.

Fine, but don't expect your views to cut a lot a weight when discussing them.

Why?   Christians stole this country from its original inhabitants.   The muslims who come here do so legally, as productive members of society (on the whole), and probably know a heck of a lot more about God than most of those who profess to be Christian, let alone the many athiests & agnostics who live here.

See above.

A mess the west (mostly Europe, and the UK in particular, but America included in the later stages) created and allowed to develop.  The west was very happy to help arm the dictatorship in Iraq when they wanted someone to fight Iran. (for example).

I've heard some very nasty comments from Christians too.  Proves nothing.

Fine.  So what.  What drove him here is very similar to what drives these people and others here.   They come to live useful and productive lives.   Australia's strength now is its diversity, and Australians should be proud of it.

They are not Christians, but most of them have a much better relationship than most so called Christians in this country.

And others were pleased to see them arrive.  Given all that the Iraqi people have gone through for the last few decades, it would hardly be reasonable to expect every single one to agree that the war was a good thing.   We don't all agree it was here, and it wasn't our children getting bombed.

So, don't preach to me about muslims or islams or whatever they are. I am certainly not frightened of them.  

Well you sound it.

I am just not interested in them and to talk of them to me is a waste of time and effort.
I'm not about to convert to Islam.  But neither am I about to start treating any human being as less than a very special child of God.   Least of all one who is making a real effort to have a relationship with God, even if they have got some of their facts wrong.

Tamara.
Smiley

Ebia,
      Sorry to diagree with you but "their" God is NOT the same God that Christians know or believe in. Allah is a God of jugdment and works, Allah says to do more good than bad here on earth MIGHT earn your way into heaven. You must keep pray 5 times a day, be sure to face Mecca, say specific words in your prayers ect ect ect rutials after rutialism its a works oriented faith. Abrahamn is not the father of many nations for them, Issac wasn't offer to God, but Isalmel was.  And don't forget the loop whole.......kill a Christian and you earn eternity in heaven with lots of virgins to fool around with, not sure what the women must do to get to heaven. So now you have works oriented faith who are thinking with the wrong part of thier bodies. I don't think its a good idea to defend Islam Ebia, defind the people, love them as we are commanded, but not the faith they believe in. Its not of God. I'm really concerned about you friend. I don't know if you honestly believe half of what you defend on this board, or if you just like stir for conversation sake. I say that in honestly not meanness. Does God like any faith that takes away from him, lies or twists the true word? Is it wrong of anyone to say that the islam faith is wrong? I don't think so, even Jesus warns of the who profess another,  The Koran, is full of lies it lead people to believe in the wrong God, and Jesus is only a good prophet, Mohammand out did him.......sorry Ebia you are dead wrong on this debate. I do agree tho that we need to learn to love the people, but its real hard when they are taught from birth that all Christians are scum.  

musicllover
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2003, 05:41:23 PM »

Sorry to diagree with you but "their" God is NOT the same God that Christians know or believe in. Allah is a God of jugdment and works, Allah says to do more good than bad here on earth MIGHT earn your way into heaven. You must keep pray 5 times a day, be sure to face Mecca, say specific words in your prayers ect ect ect rutials after rutialism its a works oriented faith. Abrahamn is not the father of many nations for them, Issac wasn't offer to God, but Isalmel was.  

So they have some facts wrong about God.  That doesn't make him a different God, it just makes them misinformed.
Do you think the pharasees worshiped a different God?

And don't forget the loop whole.......kill a Christian and you earn eternity in heaven with lots of virgins to fool around with
That is an absurd distortion of what the Koran says.

I don't think its a good idea to defend Islam Ebia, defind the people, love them as we are commanded, but not the faith they believe in.

Its not of God. I'm really concerned about you friend. I don't know if you honestly believe half of what you defend on this board, or if you just like stir for conversation sake. I say that in honestly not meanness. Does God like any faith that takes away from him, lies or twists the true word? Is it wrong of anyone to say that the islam faith is wrong? I don't think so, even Jesus warns of the who profess another,

I haven't said it is wrong to say Islam is wrong.  (Althought there is much that is right in it as well.)   What I have attempted to address is the "Go back to your own country" attitude by someone who needs to re-read the parable of the Good Samaritan.

The Koran, is full of lies it lead people to believe in the wrong God, and Jesus is only a good prophet, Mohammand out did him.......
I don't believe the Koran is inspired (or if it is, its badly corrupted), but there is much that is right in it.   I would rather someone was a good muslim than had no relationship to God at all.

sorry Ebia you are dead wrong on this debate. I do agree tho that we need to learn to love the people, but its real hard when they are taught from birth that all Christians are scum.  

That is not the teachings of Islam, any more than "All muslims are scum" is a valid teaching of Christianity.   It happens, but that doesn't make it a fault of the religion.

musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2003, 12:02:07 PM »

Ebia,
       With out cutting and pasting for the sake of my time, and in one short response. First I can't believe you are defending the faith of Islam......the people of isalm I can understand where your coming from but good grief, you say SO................OK SOOOO,you read your scripture, are they the same that I am reading? I am wondering. My scriptures tells me that if ANYONE deny's Jesus as the son of God, deny's all that he done, the cross, resurrection, then they are in error, doomed to hell, Islams Koran, and those who believe it/practice it are wrong, period. Then you mentioned.... pharisees......what are you talking about, they were condemned by Jesus for their teachings......come on Ebia where is your Christianity, where is your faith in Jesus Christ, he is the only way into Heaven, the only TRUE way. Good samaritians...sure we need to evangalize,, teach the real Jesus, but to defend thier scriptures,, or there teachings is NOT a good idea. Black is black and white  it white.....there is no gray area when it comes to Jesus, only savior, only son of God, only way to Heaven. Islam denys both, they die believing that they go to hell, thats it in a nut shell.

Quote from: ebia
link=board=4;threadid=1464;start=15#msg23963 date=1066254083
     Sorry to diagree with you but "their" God is NOT the same God that Christians know or believe in. Allah is a God of jugdment and works, Allah says to do more good than bad here on earth MIGHT earn your way into heaven. You must keep pray 5 times a day, be sure to face Mecca, say specific words in your prayers ect ect ect rutials after rutialism its a works oriented faith. Abrahamn is not the father of many nations for them, Issac wasn't offer to God, but Isalmel was.  

So they have some facts wrong about God.  That doesn't make him a different God, it just makes them misinformed.
Do you think the pharasees worshiped a different God?

And don't forget the loop whole.......kill a Christian and you earn eternity in heaven with lots of virgins to fool around with
That is an absurd distortion of what the Koran says.

I don't think its a good idea to defend Islam Ebia, defind the people, love them as we are commanded, but not the faith they believe in.

Its not of God. I'm really concerned about you friend. I don't know if you honestly believe half of what you defend on this board, or if you just like stir for conversation sake. I say that in honestly not meanness. Does God like any faith that takes away from him, lies or twists the true word? Is it wrong of anyone to say that the islam faith is wrong? I don't think so, even Jesus warns of the who profess another,

I haven't said it is wrong to say Islam is wrong.  (Althought there is much that is right in it as well.)   What I have attempted to address is the "Go back to your own country" attitude by someone who needs to re-read the parable of the Good Samaritan.

The Koran, is full of lies it lead people to believe in the wrong God, and Jesus is only a good prophet, Mohammand out did him.......
I don't believe the Koran is inspired (or if it is, its badly corrupted), but there is much that is right in it.   I would rather someone was a good muslim than had no relationship to God at all.

sorry Ebia you are dead wrong on this debate. I do agree tho that we need to learn to love the people, but its real hard when they are taught from birth that all Christians are scum.  

That is not the teachings of Islam, any more than "All muslims are scum" is a valid teaching of Christianity.   It happens, but that doesn't make it a fault of the religion.

musicllover
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2003, 07:16:24 PM »

Ebia,
       With out cutting and pasting for the sake of my time, and in one short response. First I can't believe you are defending the faith of Islam......the people of isalm I can understand where your coming from but good grief, you say SO................OK SOOOO,you read your scripture, are they the same that I am reading? I am wondering. My scriptures tells me that if ANYONE deny's Jesus as the son of God, deny's all that he done, the cross, resurrection, then they are in error, doomed to hell, Islams Koran, and those who believe it/practice it are wrong, period.

Wrong about everything?   Have you read the Koran or a decent summary about its teachings.

If you read back, I've never said the teachings of Islam are right - clearly there is much, particularly about Christ, that is wrong, but the same is true of Judaism.  I have tried to argue that they are closer to God than atheists.

Then you mentioned.... pharisees......what are you talking about, they were condemned by Jesus for their teachings......
Yes, but no-one tried to argue they were worshiping a different God.

come on Ebia where is your Christianity, where is your faith in Jesus Christ, he is the only way into Heaven, the only TRUE way.

Have I said otherwise?

Good samaritians...sure we need to evangalize,, teach the real Jesus,

Since when did the parable of the Good Samaritan have anything to do with evangelizing.  Its about who is our neighbour - who do we have to treat as thought they are ourselves?  The answer, of course, is those we most disagree with (for Jews, that was the Samaritans).   My point then, was that, however much we disagree with the teachings of Islam (or any other religion), we have an obligation to treat them as we would wish to be treated:  "go back to your own country" is not acceptable, and neither is accusing all muslims of evil based on half-truths, misconceptions, and the actions of a few extreamists.

musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2003, 11:00:33 PM »

Ebia,
      I've been on this board for a while now, and ALL I've ever seen come from you is arguements. You purposely take the opposite direction, what are you tryin to prove, the scripture is wrong? It appears that you have no faith, but,when that is suggested you say NO I do BUUUTTT........ Islam faith is evil period, they teach a diff God period, the God of Christianity is NOT a God of works like Allah is. Did the pharasees worship another God, I don't know did they published a book contrary to the scriptures? NO so there is a BIGGGG difference. Everyone is redeemable, I did say if they islams die dnying Christ, that goes for anyone who denies Christ .......... You seem to think your the only one who understands the word.......I will agree with you on that point, you seem to have your OWN understanding, anyone who disagrees with you is the evil one, or at least not at smart as you.
      I even agreed with you on some points, My use of the parable of The good Samaritian is just what you're saing, but yet your argue that point too, YES be kind treat others as you would want to be treated ect ect ect. I'll say this though, NEVER do you need to compromise the truth of who Jesus is, NEVER NEVER NEVER.  
     Try this teaching.......my para phrase,When it come to another Christian brother teaching wrongly then warn them, and if they refuse to see their wrongs and don't repent have nothing to do with them. Is that what this is coming to? Do you see yourself as living a comprimising life? Its easy to look at another and see the board in their eyes,,,,,,,,so I'm not saying I have it all either....but some thing are very obvious.
    You've argued the right for Abortion, gays, and gay marriage, even the stupid math post of way 'google" back when, now Islams faith......I shake my head, you simply love to argue for arguement sake. Not a fair conversation, you like to play the devils advocate. I really don't understand you at all, and I'm not going to try anymore. Its like you have an arguemative spirit. I won't deal with it anymore.
     May you find peace someday Ebia, and the true joy of knowing the Lord.

musicllover
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the