Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:03:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  U.S. Islamic?(hehe)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.S. Islamic?(hehe)  (Read 3697 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2003, 05:46:33 PM »

Powell Calls U.S. 'Judeo-Christian,' Then Amends

Reuters
Tuesday, September 23, 2003; 2:14 AM

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Secretary of State Colin Powell called the United States a Judeo-Christian country on Monday but quickly amended that to "a country of many faiths."

Colin Powell today renegged on a statement that we are Judeo-Christian, qualifying it by saying we are a nation of many faiths.

The article goes on to point out that American Moslems are calling us "Judeo-Christian-Islamic".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A50169-2003Sep23?language=printer

« Last Edit: September 24, 2003, 10:03:12 AM by Symphony » Logged
AAAAmember

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 05:58:35 PM »

And still he managed to insult the atheists/agnostics, who have no religion. Tongue

~AAAA
« Last Edit: September 24, 2003, 01:58:12 PM by AAAAmember » Logged
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 07:05:36 PM »

How did he insult the atheists/agnostics by saying we are a nation of many faiths?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 07:41:28 PM »

These are atheists/agnostics we are talking about, Heidi, he could have said this was an atheo-agnostic Nation, and they would be offended Wink

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 05:59:42 AM »

How did he insult the atheists/agnostics by saying we are a nation of many faiths?
The agnostics have a right to complain - they don't have faith in anything (by definition).
Atheists like to complain, because they (generally) don't recognise theirs as a faith position.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
AAAAmember

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 01:58:58 PM »

Tibby and ebia - way to be disrespectful and generalizing.  Thank you both for your rude comments.

~AAAA
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 05:11:56 PM »

Hey!  A non-Christian disagrees with ebia for the first time!!!

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 05:24:05 PM »

Tibby and ebia - way to be disrespectful and generalizing.  Thank you both for your rude comments.

~AAAA
I appologise for the tone of my post, which was unnecessary.

musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 12:35:58 AM »

Powell Calls U.S. 'Judeo-Christian,' Then Amends

Reuters
Tuesday, September 23, 2003; 2:14 AM

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Secretary of State Colin Powell called the United States a Judeo-Christian country on Monday but quickly amended that to "a country of many faiths."

Colin Powell today renegged on a statement that we are Judeo-Christian, qualifying it by saying we are a nation of many faiths.

The article goes on to point out that American Moslems are calling us "Judeo-Christian-Islamic".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A50169-2003Sep23?language=printer

I'm jumping here with some info my History prof told us in class on Thurs day. Sorry I don't have name or the channel but my prof isn't a lier. Wed night, that would be central time on probably cable TV my teacher seen an HEAD Islamic Cleric tell all of the tv world that Islam wants to take over the world. Religion and Politics are the same for them, there is ABSOLUTELY NO separation of church and state. If you take notice thousands of Mosques have been built thru out USA, England and Canada, as a way to ease in to our part of the world. When asked how he would handle the Christian population, he said something about Christian have to pay rent. Like anyone who doesn't own land, or the house they live in, they pay the owners. Christians would pay too......but he didn't' meaning with money. He meant with our lives. We've live on THEIR planet long enough ect ect ect.....If this cleric had his way, he'd have blown the USA off the face of the earth already. AND some say WHY did we take Hussein on, why did we go to war. THIS IS WHY people, cause once Hussein had the weapons he would have done just that. Did we not learn anything with Hitler, time to pull our heads out of the sand. Christians need to take a stand, otherwise we wont be able to stand. We are a Judo Christian Nation, WHY don't we act like it? Islam is a demon faith, I have no doubt now.
       I can try to get the name of the show, and channel if anyone needs it.

musicllover
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2003, 10:29:50 AM »

Good MORNING Christians,
                                   found this in my email this morning and thought it would go well on this thread. What do you think?

This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages... The following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible)

Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.  The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

Amen, so I hope, so may it be!

musicllover
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2003, 11:29:57 AM »

IMHO, Colin Powell is just a little too cozy with the Islamist's. His loyalties lie with the Muslims and not with the Jews.

Could we become an Islamist state? Quite possible. There is a movement with American Muslims to become more politically active, and put their people on the ticket.

Remember, just like the frog in the pot of water....that  gets hotter and hotter, and eventually is burned up....so will this be. It's all incremental!

Keep your eyes open wide; and prepare to respond.

Psalm 119
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 04:18:08 AM »

The existance of nutters who claim to be good muslims says no more about Islam than the existance of nutters who claim to be good christians.

Most muslims are perfectly decent, genuinely God fearing people, who (unfortunately) have only an incomplete and inaccurate picture of God.

Good MORNING Christians,
                                  found this in my email this morning and thought it would go well on this thread. What do you think?

This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages... The following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible)

Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.  The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

Why does no-one ever take the trouble to check these out.  It's a complete fabrication.   The "quote" bears no resemblence to what Koran, 9:11 says.

Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2003, 12:37:02 PM »

Koran 009.011:
YUSUFALI: But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity,- they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand.
PICKTHAL: But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge.
SHAKIR: But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

Point for the ebster.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2003, 07:44:09 AM »

The existance of nutters who claim to be good muslims says no more about Islam than the existance of nutters who claim to be good christians.

Most muslims are perfectly decent, genuinely God fearing people, who (unfortunately) have only an incomplete and inaccurate picture of God.

Good MORNING Christians,

Why does no-one ever take the trouble to check these out.  It's a complete fabrication.   The "quote" bears no resemblence to what Koran, 9:11 says.

Ebia,
        You're right, I didn't check it out, just one of those forwards that people get.
     Now I am curious as to how this got started. Someone come up with it out of the blue or is there some Koran passage that referrs to this?
    "Unfortantly" .........I agree, they have no reseblence to Christianity wrong Jesus.
     Just to see if it was a type-o I did a quick search of 91:1 ect ect. try that one just for something to do. Abrahm isn't a jew, stuff like that.
        Thanks for sharing, sorry for my mistake.

musicllover
Mr. 5020

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2003, 11:44:16 AM »

Ebia's on a streak.  2 Christians agreeing with something she said.  How long will it last?

Mr. 5020
---------------
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the