Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:54:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  WOW
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WOW  (Read 2060 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
WOW
« on: November 27, 2006, 07:05:00 PM »

I thought the ISP that I have been using was pretty fast. It was a 4 Meg connection with 384K maximum download speed. They just upgraded without charging any more for it. I now have a 10 Meg connection with a maximum of 1Meg download speed. Downloading files is now as fast as getting a web page used to be. I can't keep up with my computer for sure now. I would sure be at a loss if I had to go back to a dial-up and I feel for those that must still use a dial-up.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »

I thought the ISP that I have been using was pretty fast. It was a 4 Meg connection with 384K maximum download speed. They just upgraded without charging any more for it. I now have a 10 Meg connection with a maximum of 1Meg download speed. Downloading files is now as fast as getting a web page used to be. I can't keep up with my computer for sure now. I would sure be at a loss if I had to go back to a dial-up and I feel for those that must still use a dial-up.

You could have gone on all day, without saying this brother..........

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 07:58:16 PM »

You could have gone on all day, without saying this brother..........

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:00:38 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Course you know whats coming......................

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 08:04:14 PM »

Grin

Would it be redundant if I asked if you were happy with your provider?

By the way, who is your provider? I'm really wanting to make some changes, especially after some folks make fun of us still using stone-age technology.   Grin  My best connections are usually around 38.8 or less, and the old dial-up discourages me from even looking at a lot of the web sites with heavy audio and video. One of the first things I would want to do is listen to some MP3 sermons that I've found in several places. I could also look at family pictures stored several places on the web without waiting 20 minutes for a single picture. I'm ready to join the fast lane and give up the old dial-up.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 08:19:43 PM »

Course you know whats coming......................

Completely expected.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 08:23:29 PM »

Grin

Would it be redundant if I asked if you were happy with your provider?

By the way, who is your provider? I'm really wanting to make some changes, especially after some folks make fun of us still using stone-age technology.   Grin  My best connections are usually around 38.8 or less, and the old dial-up discourages me from even looking at a lot of the web sites with heavy audio and video. One of the first things I would want to do is listen to some MP3 sermons that I've found in several places. I could also look at family pictures stored several places on the web without waiting 20 minutes for a single picture. I'm ready to join the fast lane and give up the old dial-up.

I use Insight Broadband that belongs to a company called Insight out of Indiana that also provides cable TV here. I'm not sure of where all they serve but I know most of central Illinois and parts of Indiana is covered by them.

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 01:47:11 AM »

Thats a very impressive speed Pastor Roger...My ISP offers an 8meg broadband speed but sadly i cannot take full advantage on that, as the phone line going into my house isn't able to take those speeds. But BT plan to upgrade this area shortly and then I'll be able to take advantage fully on the 8meg speed. But even now, i am totally satisfied with the speed of my broadband connection and its very fast, so i cannot imagine what 8meg will be like  Smiley

I changed ISP in the summer. The company who i have my cell phone with have now gone into the internet market and they had an offer where any customer who has a cell phone contract of at least £30 a month could then have broadband for free. So i looked into that, as it would save me £25 a month that i was paying at the time for my connection. I discovered that the free offer did give you a monthly allowance of what you could download and since i have two teenage children whose laptops i have networked to my system, i wasn't sure that this deal would be of any use. So looking into it further, i discovered that you could have unlimited useage for just £10 a month, so thats what i went with. I am still saving a lot of money each month and the service is excellent....And last week it got even better. I got an email from my ISP telling me that i can now plug a phone into my livebox (similar to a router) and then make phonecalls to any landline within the UK, day or night, 7 days a week, for free plus i can phone any mobile phone on there network for free also, and the price for my connection stays at £10. One of the best deals i have seen here in the UK  Smiley
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 04:41:04 AM »

Hi Joey, yes that does sound like an excellent deal. I haven't heard of anything like that here as of yet. At least not within my availability. The phone company here just got the ability for broadband not too very long ago. They are trying to compete with the cable company but so far haven't been able to do a very good job at it. Those that have broadband through them have been experiencing a lot of downtime, delays and various other problems. There is a package I could get through them where the broadband is considered free but I would have to also get Direct TV to get it which brings the price back up to $100.00 a month. Even though the package also includes phone service with unlimited long distance within the U.S. (which I already have) it is still not worth it to me.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the