Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:34:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God's Word
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Word  (Read 5695 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2003, 05:11:36 PM »

So why do we continue to seek scientific proof of things when science isn't considered factual?
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2003, 05:12:51 PM »

Trolling?  Trolling, you're asking me if I'm trolling, while you ignore most of a verse of scripture.  please
Quite frankly, if what I meant there isn't obvious, I can't see the point in explaining it further, suffice to say that I'm not throwing away anything.

On the other point, buy a decent dictionary?

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2003, 05:20:03 PM »

So why do we continue to seek scientific proof of things when science isn't considered factual?
Did you read what I just wrote, or did you just make something up?  Roll Eyes

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2003, 07:56:32 PM »

Frankly, Ebia, you opinions just contradict themselves anyway.
MercyBreeze

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2003, 09:00:37 PM »

Do you guys realize that you throw so many pot shots at each other that eventually, anyone who happens to come along to read the topic hasn't the slightest idea what is being said?  

Take the last two comments for instance:

"Did you read what I just wrote, or did you just make something up?"  (Irritation)

Followed up by:

"Frankly, Ebia, your opinions just contradict themselves anyway."  

Wow.  You guys really help to make a conversation productive, don't you?  The topic begins on the concept of God's Word and it somehow wanders into "You don't make sense anyways, so why do you even bother talking?"

Now, to be honest, I really get a kick out of Ebia for one reason and one reason only.  He pushes the boundaries of what people believe.  But unfortunately, the degredation that he seems to face day in and day out for his alleged ungodliness is the same ungodliness that is slammed back in his face.  "You don't listen.  You don't this.  You don't that."  What kind of obligations do you expect of people in a discussion?  

Thus far, at least as I've scanned the introducing posts in each thread, I notice that Ebia seems to at least provide his point of view (however you may agree or disagree) and then get barraged with the most illogical backlash of conversation.  Perhaps all of you have seen him (or her) around other conversations are just plain sick of seeing his name in each dialogue, but for those of us who happen to just enjoy seeing productive dialogue, the constant badgering of one specific individual seems quite the waste of a forum entitled, "Christians Unite."

Truly, when I open up a conversation, I hope to see something that either makes me think or gives me reason to hopefully offer limited insight... anything else... such as the bogus that seems to show up in nearly EVERY thread around these forums... well, it really leaves me little to offer or profit.  

Imagine being in a room where two parents are supposedly discussing the pros and cons of the youngest child moving out at age 17.  You, as an adult, walk into the room and hear this...

"You never listen to me!"

"Well you don't listen to me!"

"Shut up!"

"He can leave if he wants to!"

"Fine!  I never said that he couldn't!"

"Yes you did!  You said you don't care!"

"That's not what I said, I said..."

Do you see it?  Lack of productivity.  Wasted words.  Not to mention, when its literally face to face... its a waste of breath and energy. Wink

I love to see productive and cordial debate, but constant badgering of opposition really feeds no progress toward the goal of developing communication.

There.  I said my peace. Smiley

In Christ Alone,

Mercy
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2003, 09:34:30 PM »

I have just received so many snide remarks from Ebia, that after awhile i lose my patience. I probably shouldn't even resond to him/her any more. I have been accused of being bigoted and hateful at homosexuals even though I have told her that they are just as forgiven as I or the rest of us. I have never received even a hint of a loving response from Ebia. Ebia is the only person on this forum who has not responded kindly. It takes a saint to always reply kindly back. Even when i do respond kindly, it's rebutted. Jesus said not to throw pearls where they will be trampled on. That's  probably my only option in dealing with Ebia.
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2003, 09:41:37 PM »

As for the culture that wrote Genesis...it wasn't a culture that wrote Genesis - it was Moses.  The culture from which Moses came was most unique in the world of that day.  Yes they borrowed social practices, but their faith was an entirely different matter.

The cultures of the day were polytheistic.  Israel was monotheistic.  

Sorry, but that is incorrect. The Israelites of Moses'  day were henotheistic. They believed in the existence of other gods, but that Yahweh was the most powerful God.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2003, 10:16:11 PM »

Frankly, Ebia, you opinions just contradict themselves anyway.
If you check, I did not say that science was not factual, what I said was that science is a sub-set of knowledge.  Ie not all knowledge is science.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2003, 12:16:28 AM »

Sorry, but that is incorrect. The Israelites of Moses'  day were henotheistic. They believed in the existence of other gods, but that Yahweh was the most powerful God.

No.  That is not incorrect.  I wasn't stating the failures of the Israelites, when they did worship such gods as Baal and Ashteroth.  I was stating the faithful times.  The worship of Yahweh was monotheistic, which stood out in a world of polytheism.  At their best, they were monotheistic.  One God.  

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the