Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  'Bible as hate speech' bill nearing vote
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Bible as hate speech' bill nearing vote  (Read 1415 times)
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2003, 04:50:23 PM »

Link to Article

Excerpt
As some U.S. Supreme Court justices look abroad for guidance on cases related to homosexuality, Canada is set to vote on a bill opponents say would criminalize public expression against homosexual behavior.

Will this make the Bible illegal in Canada?  Thoughts?

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Mozilla

Got Root?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 11:05:35 PM »

It's another sign of the times.

Liberal Canadians   Angry
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 11:26:38 PM »

1 Word: CONSTITUTION.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 12:49:58 AM »

I have heard (and if need be, with a little work could find info) that such a bill is already under consideration in the U.S.  It is to consider the Bible as hate literature in opposition to every American's "God-given" right to be gay.  Hmmmmmm...strayed alittle, haven't we?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 08:38:52 AM »

Mr 5020,

Yes legalized sodomy is at the door! Unfortunately, most Christians don't have a clue to the ramifications of such a declaration.

America is next in line for "gay" marriage.

The irony of all this ,most pastor's refuse to denounce the evil of sodomy. So when the law of hate speech is passed here, the effects will be hardly felt; with the exception of a few street preachers.

Remember Sodom!

Psalm 119
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 02:15:39 AM »

The irony of all this ,most pastor's refuse to denounce the evil of sodomy. So when the law of hate speech is passed here, the effects will be hardly felt; with the exception of a few street preachers.

Remember Sodom!

Psalm 119

And my pastor, who I don't think actually ever preaches on the street...but does, and has openly denounced sodomy and its practices from the pulpit.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
LoggedintoJesus

John 3:16 John 11:25 Rev 22:17

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2003, 01:04:51 AM »

Hi all!

As a Canadian I am not surprized , But how quickly things in the world are degenerating is surprizing, the USA is the last stronghold for this world, in many ways.But I see that the day of the Lord is coming,and I'm not overly concerned ,but for the lost I am.We need to pray for governments ,big time. It seems only a few rats in the right places can do so much damage to a country.
I see this current problem as an agenda that is set and not just for some countries but all,we Christians know whats going on ,but many do not believe us,there is a lot yet to happen ,Gay rights has given them the upper hand they want,so that they may bring it down on us . I hope the usa learns from the Canadian experience.

psalm 62:8  Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him, God is a refuge for us.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2003, 06:17:01 PM »

According to U.S. News and World Report(August 25), in an article, "Gays Force the Issue", "....Most of the Democratic presidential contenders back some sort of gay civil unions...   The Democrats unanimously support initiatives that Bush has kept quiet on or has opposed:  outlawing workplace discrimination based on sexual oritntation, extending the federal hate-crimes law to protect gays and...repealing the military's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy..."(p. 14).

So I assume that means publicly, or perhaps even privately, quoting those bible verses condemning homosexuality would apparently be a hate crime.  I'm fully convinced that most people even now would go along with that...

Especially, if it can come with civil prosecution, that is, lawsuit, that means people can settle old scores with each other, on this excuse, overhearing another's conversation--forfeiture of property, freedoms.  Esp. if the neighbor himself is homosexual.  He is going to literally hate you.  And he'll use every method in the book to satisfy that revenge on you.  The "homosexual" agenda will be, particularly ruthless.

As in Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, or Saddam's Iraq, neighborhood citizens snitching on each other.

And, if the courts, lawyers, etc are increasingly peopled with these sympathies--which, increasingly, they already are....

It's obvious to me.  

And right now with Bush's approval ratings down, it even looks possible we could see a (very?) different administration in here two years from now.

But I'm not sure that, even with Bush in for another four years, that that would really stem the tide.  

I think regardless now of administration, sooner or later, this will be coming about.

Look at just this summer's gay TV programming.  Do we dare even ask what it's going to be like next summer??

If you notice, everyone's continued "peace and prosperity", is increasingly dependent on--what??--keeping their mouths shut.

This, to me, seems a clear signal.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2003, 08:54:35 PM »

Look at just this summer's gay TV programming.  Do we dare even ask what it's going to be like next summer??

If you notice, everyone's continued "peace and prosperity", is increasingly dependent on--what??--keeping their mouths shut.

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

There are still things that can be and should be done. Christians need to boycott all advertisers that make garbage television possible IN AN OPEN AND BLATANT MANNER. If this doesn't slow things down, boycott the advertisers of the entire network.

Reference the "keeping our mouths shut", I think many are hoping we will do just that. We need to go the opposite direction and speak up. Christians are still the vast majority of America, and if we demand - they will listen. If they don't listen, we should boycott them out of existence. If we are talking about politicians, very few can stay in office without the Christian vote.

I am entirely too shy on this subject.

In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the