Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:23:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Are all religions basically the same?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you think all religions are basically similar?
All religions worship God, so yes. - 0 (0%)
All religions are a path to God/deity. - 1 (5%)
Most religions have similar philosophy and ideas. - 2 (10%)
The monthestic religions (Judaism,Christianity,Islam) are the same, basically. - 1 (5%)
No, all religions have a different God. - 0 (0%)
No, all religions are wrong except Christianity. - 12 (60%)
All religions have similiar stories and goals, but only one is completely right. - 3 (15%)
I have no idea or I really don't care. - 1 (5%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are all religions basically the same?  (Read 4885 times)
John the Baptist
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2003, 10:58:00 AM »

God's Covenant requirement is..John 3:3! See Heb. 13:20.
Only these are the above He says! See Acts 5:32.
Any others fall in the 1 Jonh 2:4's group... says inspiration!
One did (See James 2:26) try another way! See Gen. 4:7 &??, that was & is, IMPOSSIBLE TO DO! Cry Cry
But don't dis/pare! There is still hope 'if' one is LOVINGLY willing? See Rev. 12:17 & Rev. 18:4!
--John
Yes, all religions are basically the same. They were all invented and evolve by the energy of men groping in darkness trying to make sense out of a messed up world.

"The Scriptures tell us, "No one is acceptable to God!
Not one of them understands or even searches for God.
They have all turned away and are worthless. There isn't one person who does right.
Their words are like an open pit, and their tongues are good only for telling lies. Each word is as deadly as the fangs of a snake, and they say nothing but bitter curses.
These people quickly become violent.
Wherever they go, they leave ruin and destruction.
They don't know how to live in peace.
They don't even fear God."
We know that everything in the Law was written for those who are under its power. The Law says these things to stop anyone from making excuses and to let God show that the whole world is guilty.
God doesn't accept people simply because they obey the Law. No, indeed! All the Law does is to point out our sin.

Now we see how God does make us acceptable to him. The Law and the Prophets tell how we become acceptable, and it isn't by obeying the Law of Moses.
God treats everyone alike. He accepts people only because they have faith in Jesus Christ.
All of us have sinned and fallen short of God's glory.
But God treats us much better than we deserve, and because of Christ Jesus, he freely accepts us and sets us free from our sins.

God sent Christ to be our sacrifice. Christ offered his life's blood, so that by faith in him we could come to God. And God did this to show that in the past he was right to be patient and forgive sinners. This also shows that God is right when he accepts people who have faith in Jesus." CEV

The truth is, it's all God and not us. God is light, we are in darkness till God shines His light in us. The above words gives  light enough for anyone to see the Truth.

Consider Jesus, turn from the darkness to Him, and be blessed!

asaph

LutherHeggs

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2003, 11:25:57 PM »

Hi, I'm new here.
In the Vedas there is the concept that there is one God (the Hindus call Him Braham) but that he has many faces or avatars. He shows to each person the face he thinks that person can best relate to. So, following this way of thinking everyone may be right. God might be showing himself to Christians in the way he feels they will best perceive him; likewise with the Jews, Mormons, Buddhists, Muslims, etc.
Maybe?
Feel free to quote Bible verses but circular argument never proves a point.
asaph
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2003, 12:32:12 AM »

Hi, I'm new here.
In the Vedas there is the concept that there is one God (the Hindus call Him Braham) but that he has many faces or avatars. He shows to each person the face he thinks that person can best relate to. So, following this way of thinking everyone may be right. God might be showing himself to Christians in the way he feels they will best perceive him; likewise with the Jews, Mormons, Buddhists, Muslims, etc.
Maybe?
LutherHeggs,
Welcome.
They can't all be right.
Mat 7:13  Go in through the narrow gate. The gate to destruction is wide, and the road that leads there is easy to follow. A lot of people go through that gate.
Mat 7:14  But the gate to life is very narrow. The road that leads there is so hard to follow that only a few people find it.

If the above verses are true then they prove a point, whether or not it is circular reasoning. Truth is absolute. You make a point that is valid only if what you say is true. If you are wrong then you need to find out if Jesus is right. Why don't you ask Jesus about this issue. Jesus is big enough to answer an honest seeker.

Joh 10:8  Everyone who came before me was a thief or a robber, and the sheep did not listen to any of them.
Joh 10:9  I am the gate. All who come in through me will be saved. Through me they will come and go and find pasture.
Joh 10:10  A thief comes only to rob, kill, and destroy. I came so that everyone would have life, and have it in its fullest.

Do you believe Jesus?

A native of interior China wanted to become a Christian but couldn't understand how Christianity was superior to Confucianism and Buddhism. One morning he came to the missionary in a happy mood saying, "I dreamed last night, and now I understand. I dreamed I had fallen into a deep pit where I lay helpless and despairing. Confucius came and said, 'Let me give you advice, my friend; if you get out of your trouble, never get in again.' Buddha came and said, 'If you can climb up to where I can reach you, I will help you.' Then Christ came. He climbed down into the pit and carried me out."
It takes the Savior of man to do that. Only a Savior would stoop so low as to save a sinful soul like yours and mine.

None of the religions of the world provide a savior for your soul. But Jesus, who is opposed to religion, came that you might not perish but have everlasting life.

Why not bag your religion and take Jesus as your Savior? Just call out to Him now.

asaph

« Last Edit: June 14, 2003, 12:41:51 AM by asaph » Logged
John the Baptist
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2003, 07:52:38 AM »

Hi, I'm new here.
Maybe?

Hi, John here:
Paul covers your thought in Rom. 2:14-15. These are ignorant of the Word of God as he knows it. But you will see that the 'LAW OF GOD IN THEIR HEART' states Paul.

We can be saved living the TRUTH that we know. Yet, Hosea 4:6 tells us (and this surely makes sense) that we are NEVER to REJECT MORE TRUTH!

Look at John 10:16 & Rev. 18:4! What if myself, or you, fall in the class of the Rev. 18:4 ones? This is the Salvation test of "IF YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS".
---John

Shiro

Kabuki Quantum Llama

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2003, 12:55:21 PM »

The very fact that so many religions are contrary to each other (Most of all Christianity and Islam), answers no to the title question.

BTW: asaph, in your first reply:

MUTHALOVINGAMEN!!!!1111hundredeleven!1
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2003, 03:37:14 PM »

In the sentence of life, the devil may be a comma--but never let him be the period. Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
asaph
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2003, 01:12:08 AM »

Hi, I'm new here.
Maybe?

Hi, John here:
Paul covers your thought in Rom. 2:14-15. These are ignorant of the Word of God as he knows it. But you will see that the 'LAW OF GOD IN THEIR HEART' states Paul.

We can be saved living the TRUTH that we know. Yet, Hosea 4:6 tells us (and this surely makes sense) that we are NEVER to REJECT MORE TRUTH!

Look at John 10:16 & Rev. 18:4! What if myself, or you, fall in the class of the Rev. 18:4 ones? This is the Salvation test of "IF YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS".
---John

Hi John.

I question your statement: We can be saved living the TRUTH that we know. Please explain that statement in light of the following verse?

Gal 3:11

(ASV)  Now that no man is justified by the law before God, is evident: for, The righteous shall live by faith;

(BBE)  Now that no man gets righteousness by the law in the eyes of God, is clear; because, The upright will be living by faith.

(CEV)  No one can please God by obeying the Law. The Scriptures also say, "The people God accepts because of their faith will live."

(EMTV)  But that no one is justified by the law before God is evident, for "The just shall live by faith."

(KJV)  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

asaph
John the Baptist
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2003, 04:15:55 AM »

Hi, I'm new here.
Maybe?

Hi, John here:

---John

Hi John.

I question your statement: We can be saved living the TRUTH that we know. Please explain that statement in light of the following verse?

Gal 3:11

(ASV)  Now that no man is justified by the law before God, is evident: for, The righteous shall live by faith;

(BBE)  Now that no man gets righteousness by the law in the eyes of God, is clear; because, The upright will be living by faith.

(CEV)  No one can please God by obeying the Law. The Scriptures also say, "The people God accepts because of their faith will live."

(EMTV)  But that no one is justified by the law before God is evident, for "The just shall live by faith."

(KJV)  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

asaph

Hi, John here:
It is 1:47 in the morning here & I am kind of sleepy eyed! Smiley

It seems like I gave verses on this before, but one does so many posts? So lets 'see' (?) Hosea 4:6 states that 'if' we reject knowledge God will reject us. Sounds like one needs to & is required to move forward. They cannot be held accountable for what they do not know can they?

Next is the sin question? We are told that 'sin is the trangression of the law. Where there is no law, there is no sin'.
So what is [ones] knowledge of the law?? It sounds like the unlearned & the ones with [your logic], based on keeping a law to be saved?? does find both you & these ignorant ones free of comdenmation! You say you need not worry about any old law, just grace Cry, and they say I don't know anything about any law??

Now, there are others!  Smiley
To him that KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND [DOETH IT], TO HIM IT IS NOT SIN! THE REASON IS LOVE! (MOTIVE FOR SERVING THE *MASTER*!) & these other TRUE ones that have the LAW WRITTEN IN THEIR HEARTS also! See these that you are in bottom line saying are sinning! 2 Cor. 3:3!

Not in tables of stone any longer, BUT IN THE FLESHY TABLES OF THE HEART. (mind) Recreated, Born Again, see Acts 5:32 & John 3:3-8. Now my *FRIEND, appy the Words CHRIST, my  MASTER, He says.. "IF (conditional) ye LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS"!

Now for the class of some MORE SINCERE SAVED ONES, SAVED WHERE THEY ARE AT IN SINCERE GROWTH. (See these also in John 10:16-Rev. 18:4)
In Rom. 2:14-15 we see a class of 'Born Again & re/created ones knowing nothing about the Master in 'your profession' of ONLY BELIEVE. These ones actually have never even heard of the Savior as we know Him! All thatthey had ever understood of Him was through nature Paul tells us under Inspiration. Now for the PROOF POSITIVE part of their lifes profession??

ACTION! WORKS! James states also under INSPIRATION that BELIEF (faith) without WORKS IS D-E-A-D being ALONE! Workless in other words.

Notice the Word's WORDING... "Which SHEW the WORKS OF THE LAW WRITTEN IN THEIR HEARTS."

And it is very true that only the Son of God can save anyone, it is also VERY TRUE that ones works of [Obedience] testify to this, their sincerity of that profession! This group found Christ in nature & will not know about Him in person until their resurected life above!

Now lets do one more of Pauls Truths! Lets not be like the ones Peter speaks of in 2 Peter 3:16 though! '.. which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as do they also THE OTHER SCRIPTURES, unto their own destruction'. OK?

In Rom. 2:13. "For not the hearers of the law shall be just before God,... (we will continue on, but first what does this mean? Faith? I Believe only, Lord? My Loving Works are unsless? These Works of OBEDIENCE are not needed? Lord, I LOVE YOU IN WORD'S, THAT IS ENOUGH?? Hardly! ok, now the rest of Pauls inspiration) ...  but the [DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED.]"  Try Rom. 8:1 Who are "[IN] CHRIST JESUS"? See Acts 5:32!

If one knows enough to surrender the 'stuborn will' to Christ & then will not use the PROVISIONS TO WORK [OBEDIENCE] TO HIS WORDS?? HE [IS] A D-E-A-D 'EPISTLE' of CHRIST and will be SPEWED OUT! Rev. 3:16! The Provisions are there! Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9. The using of these are up to the SAVED ONES LOVE!

Hope that this finds you 'awakened' this early morning Wink,
---John

PS: And yes, Lord, 'i' realize what 4th commamdment it is that the devil really want to void out!

asaph
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2003, 12:21:19 PM »

John,
What about the dead letter and dead works? How to you tie that into the teaching that we are to keep the law of Moses? It seems the Jews, for the most part, could not make the transition from the Law of Moses to Christ. Therefore their works were dead works, though they kept the Law of Moses. The written Law was dead letters to them because they did not see Christ as the fulfillment of the Law.
The one who follows Christ keeps the Law, not by focusing on the various parts of the Law but by virtue of fixing his eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. The one who abides in Christ does not kill because of the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made him free from the law of sin and death. The one who abides in Christ does not have any other gods before him because the anointing remains in him and he cannot sin because he is born of God. The one who abides in Christ does not commit adultery because he has been espoused to Christ as a chaste virgin.
When one takes his eyes off Christ and begins to focus on the details of the Law, one enters into dead works, holding on to dead letters. One becomes like the pharisees of old who kept the Law of Moses but had no relation to Christ. If we return to the letter of the Law of Moses we are fallen from grace and in peril of eternal damnation.
Please do not try to steal away from me my devotion to Jesus by replacing Him with dead letters. I keep the Law through my Jesus. There is no other way. It's not Jesus + Law, but rather it's Jesus=Law. He is the fulfilment of the Law of Moses. He is the Spirit of the Law.
 Act 15:5  But some of those from the sect of the Pharisees rose up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses."
But Peter said-
Act 15:10  Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11  But through the grace of the Lord Jesus, we believe that we will be saved in the same manner as they."

I hope this finds you "awakened" this lovely Sunday morn. Cool

asaph
asaph
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2003, 12:39:20 PM »

PS: And yes, Lord, 'i' realize what 4th commamdment it is that the devil really want to void out!

My friend John. Christ is the 4th commandment. Time and place matters not. We worship in Spirit and Truth. I think I will keep the 4th commandment 24/7 by abiding and resting in Christ 24/7. Christ is the 10 commandments. I think I will not look at a woman with lust by abiding and resting in Jesus 24/7.
And should I slip away from Him I think I will repent and turn back to Him and return my devotion to Him. Only in this way do we keep His commandments. Do you love Jesus with an unending devotion? If you keep your self in His love you will keep His commandments but if you focus on His commandments you will surely break them. Are you greater than Paul who said-
Rom 7:9  For I was alive apart from the law once, but when the commandment came, sin revived, but I died.
Rom 7:10  And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
Rom 7:11  For sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, deceived me, and by it, killed me.

Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from this body of death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself with the mind serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

asaph

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the