Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:30:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Music (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Do you or your kids like Rock Music? Here are some must hears for Christians.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you or your kids like Rock Music? Here are some must hears for Christians.  (Read 7882 times)
Kenny5682

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2006, 10:03:28 PM »

Kutless - Without a doubt Kutless rules the Christian rock world.  Songs like Your Touch, Let You In, Tonight and Treason have sounds of hard guitar and intense bass.  On the other hand, songs like Sea of Faces, Strong Tower and Grace and Love have a softer sound that gives both thanks and praise to our Father in Heaven and the son he sent to die for our sins.

12 Stones - 12 Stones can be seen on MTV2 and are probably most popular for their work with Evanescence on their single "Bring Me To Life."  The lead singer of 12 Stones, Paul McCoy is the one who says "Wake Me Up!, I can't wake up!  Save Me!" in the chours to the song.  Songs like Crash, Broken, and The Way I Feel are strong recommendations for any lover of Rock music.

Jeremey Camp - Jeremy is a solo artist who has a similar sound of the bands above.  A good example of his hard rock sound is "Lay Down My Pride", and my favorite softer songs are "I Still Believe" and "I'll Take You Back."

Pillar - Pillar has a very strong presence with their music.  It's all hard, beat a guitar over my head kind of music that is sure to pump kids up and motivate them.  Only with Pillar, they're motivating them to do things like go to Church with songs like "All Day Every Day" and to lead God's people with songs like "Frontline".  Frontline has been adopted by the Acquire the Fire ministry as their themesong for their youth movement "Battlecry".

Thousand Foot Krutch - I've only heard a little from these guys, and while they don't mention the name Jesus in any of the songs I've heard, it's very obvious that their songs are in fact about our Father and our Savior.
Penticostal-Churchie-Gurl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 12:02:32 AM »

Hi, my name is Cat. I am new here... anywhoo, I love all of them! I love all christian music! I write music too.  (christian of course) Smiley Anywhoo, Jeremy Camp is my favorite, and his song Tonight is the best. (in my opinion.) Smiley
Who are your favorites? I'd like to hear from all of you, and get to know you guys... Smiley

God Bless,
-Cat
john909

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:53:58 AM »

Love rock music, but I really don't like any Christian bands. Alot of the bands I do like have the message, though. Kansas is probably my all-time favorite rock band, and they have, for years, had Christian messages cleverly put into their lyrics. As a matter of fact, Kerry Livgren, one of the founders of Kansas, has a great write-up on the Deity of Jesus Christ on his personal website.

Here is the link... don't worry, mods, no ads there  Wink ... (link removed due to products for sale)

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 12:09:05 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:11:54 PM »

I had to remove the link as he did have cd's and merchandise for sale.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Iris

Make a joyful noise to the Lord...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 10:02:47 PM »

I tend to lean towards small bands that appear at our retreats. This past retreat we had a band called Our Hearts Hero. They're awesome and I highly suggest them. They have a CD coming out in May I think it is. Being a teenager most people would thinlk that I listen to Death Metal with hateful messages. THat's really not me. I do dislike stereotypes.   

Crucified
Laid behind the stone
You lived to die, rejected and alone
Like a rose trampled on the ground
You took the fall and thought of me
Above all
heirtoHisriches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 10:35:28 PM »

I love rock and roll, also.  But I only listen to christian artists.  I do my best (which really isn't all that hard anymore) to stay away from secular artists.  I don't like groups, bands or singers that sing "positive" lyrics but won't let their lives say the same thing.

It's not like being an athlete where you need to be a good role model.  Being a Christian is about being a representative of Christ.  Now I also love Kutless, but there are a thousand more bands out there today that draw my attention just as well.

Fly Leaf
Seventh Day Slumber
Disciple (there appearance is a little off in my opinion, but everything else seems to be right down the "line")
Benjamin Gate (now defunct - was accompanied by Adrian Camp (Jeremy's new wife)
Red
All Together Separate (more of spontaneous praise and worship with a rock sound)
Skillet
Peace of mind

I'll tell you what I will find some links to their songs and post them here (making sure there is no advertisements on them).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 11:44:44 AM by heirtoHisriches » Logged

"There is no substitute for what is right.  And that which is Truth will always be Truth whether if I believe in it or not."
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 09:45:40 AM »

DUDE!  I love Kutless! I'm listening to them right now!  I also love Jeremy Camp!  Have you ever been to any of his concerts?  I've been to 3.  My wife and I are always checking the paper to see when he's in town, or around town.  Great concert!  He has alot of fun, and yet has a great worship time. 

Have you ever been to a Casting Crowns concert?  I love those guys.  They're the real deal.  I've been to alot of concerts, and some seem superficial.  But these guys are real.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
crimson thorn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 02:58:23 AM »

It's  CRIMSON THORN for me theyre Christian extreme metal.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the