Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Need Prayer Support for a friend.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Prayer Support for a friend.  (Read 2754 times)
The_Wanderer

God rules, literally!

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2006, 12:06:11 PM »

Hello, I'm not new to this forum, I've been here once before.  I have a friend, I asked for prayer for her a while ago on this forum and I thank everyone for their support. This girl I've known for about five years now, and I care for her more than I care for anyone else in the world, including myself, if that makes any sense. We've never been anything more than friends, though I wish sometimes that I could be someone more to her. She came from a troubled household and a terrifying childhood that I won't detail, but it was pretty harsh, and she was scarred for life because of it. My wish was that I could be someone she'd trust among the people she doesn't trust. Anyhow, moving on...
    Last time I was asking for prayer because I wanted her to have God in her life, and to no surprise, she changed, she came to church, got baptised even. Then she gave up some of her bad habits, and she was almost a new person. I've never seen someone so changed in my entire life. We both now attend the same College, and she's changed a lot more for the better, and some for the worse. She's come out of her shell a lot and I'm proud of her for it. However, she's abandoned the town we came from for reasons that have to do with family and friends, and she's almost abandoned her faith because she hasn't had any good Christian influence since she left (about two years now.) I'm trying to get her back into reading her Bible seriously, and trusting God again, but I don't have much chance to explain, there's not a lot of times when it's just her and I, together, serious. She also has a friend she is incredibly close with, and that friend isn't a Christian, and I think she might be a bad influence (not that she's a bad person at all, but values do rub off.) My friend is probably the most unique person I have ever met, and the only person I've ever cared for this much, and I don't want her to somehow give up on her faith in exchange for whatever else.
    I guess the thing I'd like prayer for is for her to maintain her faith, to love and trust God with all her heart, and for her to be strong. Maybe even pray that I'll get a chance to talk to her seriously about it, because people can be the instruments of God. Thank you all for support, I'd lost faith in the power of prayer a while ago but now I'm starting to realize on a mature level that God is with every one of us, and prayer does indeed work miracles in people's lives. I just want him to work a miracle in her life, because she's been a miracle in mine. Thanks. Her name, well, lets just call her Sash. That's good enough.

I also appreciate the fact that people are actually using the internet for a constructive, Godly means. Keep it up, everyone!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 04:04:00 PM »

I will pray for Sash, that she keeps her faith in Jesus. 

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 07:05:31 AM »

Wanderer, I don't think I ever had the chance to welcome you to CU. So Welcome  Cheesy

You can count on me to pray for Sash, please don't give up on her going back to church, just keep praying for her there is power in prayer.

I will also be praying for you Wanderer, that you may be given Godly wisdom and that you may be able to help Sash.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:04:33 PM »

Praying  Wink

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
The_Wanderer

God rules, literally!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:15:25 PM »

Thank you all for your support, it means a lot.
Even though her and I have lost touch, I still pray for her. I realize now that maybe it might take losing touch to help her remember God again. After all, his timing is perfect, even if I don't understand why things happen the way they do. One thing that God has done in my life is that he's released me from the burden I've been carrying, which is worry. I worry a lot, and for once I don't worry about her at all. I'm concerned, but I'm not worrying. And I'm unafraid. Life has been a rollercoaster lately, but I think maybe I've finally gotten off the ride for a change.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 11:40:00 PM »

Hello The_Wanderer,

I'm glad to hear that you aren't worrying so much. There does come a time when the best thing to do is simply pray, lay things at the feet of JESUS, and get on with your life. In some cases people can sacrifice their health with worry and simply have more problems.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 3:20 NASB  'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 12:26:01 AM »

I will pray that Sash will realize that even away from home and cut off from her earthly family she still has a Father that loves her and watches over her, even if she herself does not want or care.

I will pray for you that God will give you the words to plant seeds in her life that will prosper for the Glory of God.  And peace for you to remember to focus on God and not to worry about Sash...Leave her to God.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
2corinthians5_7

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 01:49:41 PM »

Praying for her.  Brother have no fear.  God will about face her in Jesus Christ name.
Masonto

Have Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 07:00:29 PM »

I wish you all the best bro,Sash is lucky to have a friend that cares so much.
I will  pray for you wanderer aswell as sash

You cant stop the movement of christ
O===(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The_Wanderer

God rules, literally!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 09:50:56 PM »

Thank you all for your prayer support, it means a lot. I talked to my Pastor the other day about this and he says he'll pray too. I got a chance to talk to her a week or so ago and got to talk about a few really important things about God and Christianity, to clear things up. Needless to say, we didn't talk long, but I know where she stands in her faith a little more. We're both in a place that has not many Christians to help us with our walks with God, and we both feel a little isolated. I think I might see if she wants to hang out and read the bible some time. I don't think she'd be against the idea.
God bless!
heirtoHisriches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 01:21:46 PM »

...because people can be the instruments of God...

People ARE the instruments of God.  He tells us (in so many words) to let our light shine so that we may be the example to this world (day) as Jesus was an example to us in that world (day).

I will pray for her, but I will also pray for you.  Not to be able to necessarily be alone, but to have the opportunity, confidence and boldness in Christ to "live out loud" when you are not alone.  The example you set (not to bog her down with scripture and criticisms) but by being godly and "embracing" her and her new associates with the Love of Christ even in the face of controversy.

The hardest thing with being a Christian is knowing that you can be one regardless of who is around.  Try not to make it seem like you are better than anyone, just express your happiness and joy in Life without having to do what they do.

I will pray for
1.  you to have opportunity to speak with her
2.  You to have the boldness of Christ to speak out by actions when you're not alone
3.  her eyes to not be blinded or covered by the discomfort of her own ways
4.  her not to be deceived about what is godly and ungodly
5.  her to find a place where she may fellowship with more christians her age and setting.

God bless you, for He is always with you.

"There is no substitute for what is right.  And that which is Truth will always be Truth whether if I believe in it or not."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the