Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Used to be, now not sure
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Used to be, now not sure  (Read 2500 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2003, 01:01:19 AM »

lol, first I'm "awsome" then I'm "messed up" I've been called both those, things, but never at by the same person at the same time  Grin

Hey, I'm just being honest, take it was you will.

What you are going to do in Asia? Anything requiring College?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2003, 03:59:46 AM »

I do believe he was giving you a condecending or sarcastic "awsome but whatever.

The salvation of someone's soul is more important than their bellies being full.  Sending money to poor countries for food is like hoping water will stop the bleeding.

You need to give the people the gospel while teaching them how to make their food.  It does little really to just send food and not give them the gospel and teach them how to feed themselves.  Feeding starving people who can't take care of themselves just produces more starving people.

It makes me sick when I see people that would rather just help feed the hungry and let them burn in hell.  I'd rather they died starving but saved than full and condemned to hell.  How could you say or think anything else?  Eternity is a lot longer than our short lives.  It's also annoying that people think I don't want to see the hungry fed.  That's not true but I'm more worried about their salvation.

godspeed, I'm a bit perplexed by your screen name if you are so unsure.  Your name implies that you have been sent with all of God's blessings yet you want to deny Him.  A bit odd don't you think?

The simple fact that God has provided a means of salvation shows His ultimate love in the end.  I think most people forget that just because the current population of a country is without the gospel that they never ever had it.  The simple fact that you weren't allowed to preach the gospel shows that man has played his own part in going to hell.  That is neither here nor there though at the moment.

I think you should continue to move forward to be a missionary.  It is a seriously needed position that is going unfulfilled.  There are currently more missionaries retiring of old age or just plain dying than are going out into the fields.

We all need to pray that God will raise up more missionary workers.  Godspeed I pray that you will trust in the LORD fully as he has the bigger view than you and knows better than we.  Keep this in mind and go forth as a worker for God speading the good news of Jesus Christ.

godspeed

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2003, 03:01:20 PM »

I'm going to asia to live, i am getting married to a Japanese girl, and my screen name is a name i have always liked, it means Success; prosperous journeying; -- a contraction of the phrase, "God speed you."
I like to race, thats where i got it from.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2003, 10:00:24 PM »

Congratulations. That sounds wonderful. Are you marrying a Christian?

eyeball

metalic rabid canine

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2003, 10:20:32 PM »

Saved_4ever said

The salvation of someone's soul is more important than their bellies being full.  Sending money to poor countries for food is like hoping water will stop the bleeding.

You need to give the people the gospel while teaching them how to make their food.  It does little really to just send food and not give them the gospel and teach them how to feed themselves.  Feeding starving people who can't take care of themselves just produces more starving people.

I'd rather they died starving but saved than full and condemned to hell.  How could you say or think anything else?  Eternity is a lot longer than our short lives.  It's also annoying that people think I don't want to see the hungry fed.  That's not true but I'm more worried about their salvation.

Christian love indeed!

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2003, 02:45:59 PM »

Hm.

Well, salvation does need to be delivered with the food, and people should be taught to take care of themselves, but I certainly wouldn't advocate withdrawal of the food if for some reason giving a more lasting solution wasn't possible. Concern for their souls will always involve concern for their hungry stomachs as well.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the