Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:12:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  For Men Only (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Men need to step up to the plate and take Spiritual CHARGE!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Men need to step up to the plate and take Spiritual CHARGE!!  (Read 6877 times)
Revolutionist

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2006, 12:48:35 PM »

Men for so long in the body of Christ have been advocting the job of the head of the home to the wife an not doing what GOD has set them in the place of the Hom. You cna see back in the book of Exdous tha when the death angle was going to come over them God had instructed that the man of the Home go an put the bllod of the lamb over the door post. He didn't instruct the women to do that He instuctued the man of the home to do so. In the garden who was in charege over it, Adam was the keeper ot it. Because of Adam's advocating his postion over it He was influenced by the women the who did God come caling to? It was Adam. So today men wnat to be self centered in there ways in the Home letting the wife raise the childeren not DAD being the big part of the home. Childern do what the father of the homes does. He sets the example of the Head over the home. Men need to REPENT of their advocating their authority in the home. By setting the example of a Godly father. We need to be like Joshua:Jos 24:15  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Men of today need to be raising up there children to serve an fear th almighty God. We let T.V. influence our family's . I believe that when men stand in fornt of our Lord in the day of judgment the big judgment will be for what he has done in raising his children in the ways of Him or not. So men it is time to rise up to the level that God wants you to be at, so seek Him on your kness in repentance an chage what you have been doing. The leding of the holy Spirit is the only way. From: The Revolutionist His Bondservant Forever In Christ Jesus \0/

From: The Revolutionist His Bondservant Forever In Christ Jesus \0/
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 12:54:08 PM »

Men, women and children ....  we all have our place in the home and will be held accountable for our work in that position. We are to lead Godly lives and bring our children up in the ways of the Lord.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Revolutionist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 01:11:37 PM »

Pastor Rogers yes you are so right in what you have said. From: The Revolutionist \0/ Roll Eyes Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 12:07:55 AM »

Pastor Rogers yes you are so right in what you have said. From: The Revolutionist \0/ Roll Eyes Grin

CHRIST is to be the HEAD of the home, and we all have our responsibilities.   Roll Eyes   Grin   Huh

Revolutionist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 07:34:08 AM »

Bakceyedpeas that is so true but the man is suppose to take his place as the head of the home why isn't he doing that? That is the problem with the home today. I know that everyone inthe home has their place but know one is doing it. Our enemy is making everyone BUSY doing their own thing going in seperat ways than the ways of God. We as men need to take charge over the home not advocate.
From: The Revolutionist His Bondservant Forever in Christ Jesus \0/ Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin

Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 11:28:31 PM »

Amen! God gave instructs on the order of the home and the men are suppose to be the head with God over them. It is the man who will answer to God about his household and not just the household but at church, too. The order is God, husband, wife and children. I was just talking to a friend of mine though about the problems she and I are going through being married to non-believer. I feel like the men need to step and do their part at church, too. When a prayer breakfast is called, that means not just over the food. I have had a feeling that our Church needs to do a study on the book The Power of a Praying Wife. The funny things is a was talking to somone else about the same thing and was trying to get her to start it. Well, she is now doing other things and guess who still has that feeling down inside of her. Pointing at self. The friend I was talking to tonight told me it was my calling. Pointing at self again, guess who is saying no, no, no. LOL, there are other people more qualified then me. This is going to take some prayer. 

OK, enough of the soap box thing.
Kathy
Revolutionist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 12:05:51 AM »

Kathy: The church that I attend has a mens prayer group meeting once a moth an we actually pray as a group of men for the home as the church. You are so right in saying that men need to take their place in the body of Christ. Men are like the Mafia Men, they are to be seen at Church but not be a part of it. It is not manly but they have NO realationship with the LORD. They treat GOD like they treat their wife. We wonder why there in the news there is so many school shooting's it is because the Father of the home has advocated it to the wife. He thinks that he has worked all day he can just come home an crawl inside of the T.V. an channel surf all night an not have anything to do with His family. This is the work of Satan to tare apart the home then the church. From: the Revolutionist His Bondservant Forever In Christ Jesus \0/ Shocked Roll Eyes

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 01:03:15 AM »

Sister Kathy,

Being married to a man who is a non-believer is a huge and difficult problem. This would be a matter requiring lots of prayer and loving attention. GOD'S instructions for a happy home would be impossible under these circumstances. You are completely right that the "Power of a Praying Wife" under these circumstances would be all important. I know some very strong Christian women who have been put into the situation of being the spiritual leader of a home, and I have great respect for them taking the responsibility. Maybe the husband is deceased or maybe there are any number of other extremely hard circumstances (i.e. lost, divorce, alcohol, drugs, extreme illness, etc.). The entire BODY OF CHRIST should be praying for these women who are placed in this position and support them in any way that we can.

Sister Kathy, many will be praying for you and other women who are placed in this difficult situation. Sister, it will be hard, but the rewards are great at the end of each day. Your own peace with GOD is also important, and work for your family in the things of the LORD will never be wasted. I will pray that GOD softens the heart of your husband to hear the GOOD NEWS of Salvation and he accepts JESUS CHRIST as his LORD and SAVIOUR. Have patience and never forget about the awesome power of prayer and GOD'S WORD.

In the meantime - KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:16-17 NASB  For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 12:47:01 PM »

My husband and I are both very active in our church, I thank God that my husband rededicated his life to the Lord. But I aldo inderstand that with all the things that men are challenged with everyday, they need a wife to be praying for them. I have that book the Power of A Praying Wife, it has helped me as much as my husband when I pray for him in specific areas.

Unlike my husband I don't work due to physical disabilities, my husband has had to take a second job to make ends meet, I know he would like to do so much more for me and the girls. But I also realize he is human and requires rest, and his time alone with God as well as time with me and the girls. Praying for my husband has been a big blessing for the entire family.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the