Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:36:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Starving for a Friend?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Starving for a Friend?  (Read 4147 times)
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2003, 02:32:46 PM »

I need a friend.  Since I cannot work away from home, I like to email friends, but many of them don't have time to email me for 2-3 weeks.  By that time the things that I said are  history and not important any more.  At that rate, I might as well send it snail mail.  

In Christ,
Berean
Berean, I know what you're going through; I've never gone through catastrophic trials, but I've either lost or drifted away from dear friends due to normal circumstances of life. I have always been the letter-writer, and not many of my friends are that way.
I get deeply attached to people and places; each time we've moved to a new home, a chunk of my heart stayed behind. I hurt deeply. I have only recently begun to understand that the reason I was so desperate to maintain communication while my friends were not, was because I had left them; while I was trying to adjust to a strange new life, they still had their old one, and my leaving didn't affect them the same as it did me. *Sigh* Sorry, I'm babbling!  Grin What I meant to say was, "I'd love to be your friend, Berean!"

Just watch out; I may keep in contact a little too much, lol!  Roll Eyes

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
NancyDrewClue

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2003, 08:53:25 AM »

Hi there!  

Robin Jones Gunn, the Christian author, has just started a new book series called Sisterchicks for Christian friends! Buddies!  Sisters!

Her revamped website has a brand new community message board with a bunch of Christian chicks looking for ... FRIENDS!

http://www.sisterchicks.com - You all should check it out!
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2003, 01:34:06 PM »

Hm, sounds very friendly... Wink

I've looked at the website, but could you provide more information? Is there a specific theme or religion involved, or is it just a spot for people to go and find penpals?  Huh

Evee

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2004, 09:02:35 PM »

I need a friend.  Since I cannot work away from home, I like to email friends, but many of them don't have time to email me for 2-3 weeks.  By that time the things that I said are  history and not important any more.  At that rate, I might as well send it snail mail.  

In Christ,
Berean

I have done the same thing.
 I was it seemed the one to always make the move and encourage them when things were not going well for them.

When things picked up then I may not get an e-mail back at all so I would e-mail them all over again.

I finally decided my friendship did not mean as much to them as it did to me.
I just decided to let it go and if they want me they know how to get a hold of me.
 I just finally decided to move on. Embarrassed

I didn't judge you
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2004, 08:35:29 PM »

I have done the same thing.
 I was it seemed the one to always make the move and encourage them when things were not going well for them.

When things picked up then I may not get an e-mail back at all so I would e-mail them all over again.

I finally decided my friendship did not mean as much to them as it did to me.
I just decided to let it go and if they want me they know how to get a hold of me.
 I just finally decided to move on. Embarrassed
To a certain extent, I agree with you - sometimes it seems like we can dump so much love into someone, and they enjoy us for a little while and then ignore us.

I don't think they do this on purpose. God has given us so many different "personality types", and it is a fascinating study. Some people truly treasure friendships, but can't remember to send cards, to respond to us, etc. Its their nature. It doesn't always mean they are trying to shut us out, although this can happen.

There are four distinct personality types (with, obviously, various combinations of the four!) One of these "types" tend to write letters, keep in touch, do thoughtful things, etc. They can't help it. Its engraved in their system. Its so meaningful to them, whereas other folks don't seem to understand the necessity of all that.

I remember birthdays, anniversaries and other such occasions; I send cards for various holidays. Whenever I receive a letter, I promptly sit down and scribble a reply, and its hard for me to keep it short.

My friends don't understand. One has not written in years, and only emails "now and then". She loves me, though, and is overjoyed if I can manage to visit.

Another friend has requested that I "space out my letters"; apparently she feels guilty when I send a reply immediately after I receive her cards. I know she's my friend, as well.

Don't ditch a friendship just because its hard to communicate. You might have to put up with some silence (sigh) but find out their true intentions. They may just have a "personality type" that makes it hard for them to write.

If anyone is interested in info on Personality Types, I'd be glad to recommend some sources (many of them Christian.)

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the