Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:36:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Jesus Christ having the attributes of God in the gospels
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jesus Christ having the attributes of God in the gospels  (Read 1721 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2003, 11:37:59 AM »

A Bible Study outline defending  Jesus Christ having
the attributes of God in the gospels

We preaching Christ according to the revelation of the
mystery.  Yes we preach mystery truth, but it is
Christ we preach, not simply the mystery.  And the
Christ we preach must be the Christ of the bible,
Christ the same yesterday, today and
forever....exhibiting the attributes of God throughout
his earthly ministry as well as on every other page of
the bible.

The Deity of Jesus Christ as exhibited in Matthew,
Mark, Luke and John
1.    There is Only One God. Isa 43.10 44:8; 45:21-22
       Jesus is God. Mat. 1:23; John I.1, 14 ; 20:28

2.   Only God is to be worshipped. Ex. 20:2-5; 34:14;
Duet. 5:6-9; Mat. 4:10.
       Jesus exhibits the attribute of God by
accepting worship in the four gospels
       Mat. 2:2,11; 14:33; 15:25; Luk 24:52; John 5:23

3.    Only God is to receive glory. Isa -12:8; -18:11;
Jer.13:16; Mat. 5:16
       Jesus given glory in the gospels per  John
1:1-3; 17:5 and His glory is an attribute of God

4.    God is the Only Saviour. Isa. 43:3,11; 45:.21;
Luk. 1:46,47; Titus 3; 3:4; Jude 25
Jesus has the attributes of God by being Saviour in
Luk 2:11

5.    When God says in Luke 3.22, "Thou art my beloved
son"
       Christ already knew it at age 12 in Luke 2.49

6.    Only God forgives sins. Isa. 1:18; 43:25.
       Jesus forgives sins, which is an attribute of
God Mat. 9:2-6; Mark 2:5-7; Epli. ;7; John7-9.

7.    God shed His blood  per Acts 20:28 (only in a KJ
bible)
       But it was Jesus' blood that was shed in the
four gospels Rev. 1:5.

8.    God was pierced. Zech. 12:4,10,
       Jesus was pierced. John 19:37, an attribute of
God.

9.   God raised Jesus from the dead. Acts 2:24; 3:15;
4:10; 13:30; Rom. 6:4; Col. 2:12; I Thess 1:9,        
10; Heb 13:20; I Pet. 1:21.
       Jesus raised Himself from the dead. John 2:19;
10:17,18. .
A most important attribute of God which Jesus
exhibited in the four gospels was that He gave  His
life and He raised Himself from the dead.

10. Jesus in the four Gospels is Immanuel which, being
interpreted is, God with us.

Jesus Christ is: Immanuel Isa 7:14;Mat. 1:23; I
AM, Ex. 3:14;. John 5:58; Everlasting Father Isa  9:6;
Immutable, Mal. 3:6; Heb 13:8; Omniscience, Isa 40:28;
Job 37:16; John 1:18; 6:64; I6:30;  21:17; Col. 2:3;
Omnipresent, Jet-. 23:23,24, Mat. 18:20; 28:20;
Omnipotent Job 42:2; Mat.  28:18; Heb 2:8.

Paul tells us that Jesus Christ in His earthly
ministry, Philippians 2:6 thought it not robbery to be
equal with God: because Christ being God had all the
attributes of God.  It was with the attributes of God
that Christ walked on water, healed the sick, read
people's minds, prophecied information not found in
the Old Testament and raised Himself from the dead.

In Christ's earthly ministry, Christ is referred to as
Colossians 2:9 all the fulness of the Godhead bodily
and Colossians 1:19.... it pleased the Father that in
him should all fulness dwell;

Remember the Gospel of Christ, the power of God to
salvation, is predicated upon the Christ which is
according to the scriptures.

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel
which I preached unto you, which also ye have
received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are
saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you,
unless ye have believed in vain.   3 For I delivered
unto you first of all that which I also received, how
that Christ died for our sins according to the
scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose
again the third day according to the scriptures:  

Jesus Christ, without the attributes of God in the
Gospels, would not be worthy of the cross.

Be a Berean
Acts 17:10-11 And the brethren immediately sent away
Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither
went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11  These were
more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they
received the word with all readiness of mind, and
searched the scriptures daily, whether those things
were so.
And not an Athenian
Acts 17:21 For all the Athenians and strangers which
were there spent their time in nothing else, but
either to tell, or to hear some new thing.

Thank you for being a bible student.  

By Pastor Terence D. McLean

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 04:31:32 PM »

The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ
by Richard C. Church
richard@richardchurch.com

Introduction: The nature of our Lord Jesus Christ is a fundamental truth which is under constant attack. This is not something new. Since the beginning of the church, heretics have been proclaiming that Jesus was not God, but a created being or even a mere man. When the enemy convinces someone that Jesus was a mere man, and not God at all, he renders impotent the truth of the gospel.

A Christ who is not God, cannot die for the sins of the whole world, and secure a salvation which is wholly by God's grace. Therefore, if one denies that Christ is God, one must also believe that works play some part in salvation. For such an individual, salvation is not conditioned upon the work of God alone, but must be achieved through good works.

However, the Scriptures clearly teach that Jesus Christ was not an angel, a man, or a created being, but that He was the Creator, the Almighty God, and the Jehovah of the Old Testament. This truth is consistently interwoven into the text of the Bible, in both Old and New Testaments. Furthermore, believing in the deity of Christ is fundamental to a correct understanding of the gospel, and should be made abundantly clear when sharing the truth of the gospel with the lost.

The Testimony of the Old Testament

According to Old Testament prophecy, the Messiah would be the Lord himself.

Zep 3:15 The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Some will argue that the term "mighty god" refers to Jesus Christ while "Almighty God" refers to Jehovah.

Psa 50:1 The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.

Jer 32:18 Thou showest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name,

According to prophecy, Israel would pierce Jehovah.

Zec 12:10 And I [Jehovah] will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

John 19:37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Jehovah's Titles Given to Jesus Christ

Saviour

Isa 43:3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isa 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Phil 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Tim 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Redeemer

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Jer 50:34 Their Redeemer is strong; the LORD of hosts is his name: he shall thoroughly plead their cause, that he may give rest to the land, and disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon.

Luke 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

Titus 2:13-14 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Rock

Deu 32:3-4 Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. 4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

1 Cor 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 04:33:07 PM »

The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ (PART 2 of 2)

The Holy One

Isa 43:14-15 Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships. 15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

Hab 1:12 Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.

Luke 4:34 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.

Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

Creator

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Isa 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Col 1:14-17 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Christ's Testimony About Himself

Christ claimed to be God.

Mark 10:17-18 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? 18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Christ claimed to be the "I Am," or Jehovah.

John 8:56-59 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Christ claimed to be the Father.

John 14:8-9 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Christ allowed His disciples to call him God..

John 20:26-29 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Christ accepted worship.

Mat 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Mark 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

Luke 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:

John 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

See also: Mat 2:2, 11; 8:2; 9:18; 14:33; 15:25; 20:20; 28:17

According to Christ's own words, any worship except worship of God is forbidden.

Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Holy angels do not accept worship.

Rev 22:8-9 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

The Testimony of the Rest of the New Testament

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Acts 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Pet 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

by Richard C. Church
richard@richardchurch.com

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2003, 05:02:01 PM »

Thank you Ambassador.
It is so nice to see the Word being expounded here. And you do it so well. Again and again. Your name is fitting.
You by far have the mosts posts here, but as His Ambassador,
I am not surprised.
Thank you brother, and God bless you. Roy.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 05:48:27 AM »

YES!!! Thanks Brother A4C, I Loved both studies

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the