Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:16:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayer for my mother's husband
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer for my mother's husband  (Read 1042 times)
Wayfarer

Daughter of Christ, Sister of All, Mother of Many

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2006, 12:51:58 AM »

I spoke to my mother on Sunday (9/24), and she brought me up to date on my Stepfather's medical condition.

A few months back she told me that the doctor's at the VA were concerned for his health. In 1999, he contracted TB while in Kuwait. Since then, his liver has begun to fail, yet he will not stop drinking.

When I spoke to Mom, she told me that his enzyme counts had tripled in 13 months and his body is showing all of the tell-tale signs of the sickness. Yet, he does not care. She said that since his two children (from his first marriage) died in 1999, he's given up the will to live, and since I walked out in 2003, he's gone further downhill.

This is the man who made my life hell for almost 14 years, yet when I spoke of him in Church on Sunday night, I broked down and cried. I didn't expect the emotions that I feel now. I am scared for him dying, because I know his sins, I know what he's done (to me and to others) over the past many years. I don't know if he believes in God anymore, and I don't know if he has made right in his soul for all his foul deeds.

I'm also scared for my mother. She's not been alone since she was 17 years old. I don't know what losing him would do to her.

Please, pray for us all in this time. I don't see my Stepfather making it through another year if he doesn't have the will to go on. I don't know if there's anything that can be done to ensure his salvation at this point, but that won't stop me from praying.

I guess the abused is ready to forgive the abuser. I just hope I'm not too late.

"She dreams she's dancing, around and around without any cares..."

"Here I am, ready to give up my life for the one. Here I am, ready to pour out my heart for the Son. Here I am."

Psalm 18:2 - My Life Verse.
John 13:34 - Words to Live By

JPR & RLS (c) August 1, 2006
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 01:03:46 AM »

I'm glad to hear that you are ready to forgive him sister. It is very important for the health and well-being of your own soul.

My prayers are with your entire family.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 01:34:00 AM »

Add my prayers too sister.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 07:13:46 AM »

Sister, it is very important that you have forgiven him, that is a very major step now your healing process can begin.

I would advice that if at all possible you take it a step further, first go to God in prayer to give you strength and secondly (this is the hardest step) go to your step father,  ( go in faith, ask God to be by your side) let the man know that you have forgiven him, that you have given all your cares and concerns to God and that God too is ready to forgive him. All he would have to do is ask God to forgive him, then sister you would have helped him find the way to his eternal healing thru the Lord Jesus Christ.

Sister, I've been hurt many times all of us have been, in many different ways different for each person depending on the circumstances, yet nonetheless hurtful feelings. Whether it is by family members, those we trust the most, friends or just aquaintences.  It has been my experience that some of the times that I have been hurt I have felt better after letting the person that has hurt me know that I have forgiven, and surprisingly enough it has helped me as much as it has the offender. Many times a person feels unworthy of forgiveness, and when they see that we are willing to forgive them, they are more apt to forgive themselves.

Not being able to forgive yourself for hurting someone is a major reason some people give up the will to live.

If you feel that you can't come face to face with him than maybe talk to him on the phone, the important thing is let him know you forgive him and you have released him and yourself from the hurt. The past cannot be undone, or changed but it can be forgiven.

My prayers are with you, your mom and your dad as well. Be strong sister, and seek God and above all pray.

Love in Christ,
Maria

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the