Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:48:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  need prayers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: need prayers  (Read 1393 times)
prsawyer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2006, 11:33:40 PM »

:)Yes I need your prayers. Last year I went through something that broke my heart a guy that I had met in college whom I liked I found out he is married which he did not tell me from the very beginning. I know its been a year and God did protect/ healed me but it still hurts I feel like I will never trust another guy again and I do not know if God wants me to meet someone or not my heart desires marriage and family but I have stopped praying for that I am a afraid right that If I do meet someone I will get hurt again.  I am trying to trust God and not have any doubts. But I am 38 never been married or had a boyfriend which I have moved recently living in a new area and attending a new school and I have about one year left.  i just want to do Gods will. Thank you and God bless you,   
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 11:54:59 PM »

Sister, I will pray for you.

I don't remember if I alrady welcomed you or not, but if I haven't I would like to do so now.

If you have a desire to get married sister, the most important thing to do is to pray for God to lead you to the right man. Don't lose faith.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 12:34:45 AM »

Hello Prsawyer,

Sister, this is yet another reminder that ONLY GOD will remain ever faithful and trustworthy. I give thanks that we can place all of our trust and faith in JESUS CHRIST and never be disappointed. All of HIS Promises will be kept perfectly.

Sister, I will definitely be praying for you. I will pray that GOD arranges for you to meet a man who is worthy of your trust and love. Sister, please keep praying and wait upon the LORD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:14-15 NASB  For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

prsawyer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 01:27:23 AM »

thank you all who replied.

Penny
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 07:09:47 AM »

Your welcome Penny, that is what we  are here for to uphold each other. Please keep us updated on how you are doing I will continue to pray for you.  Smiley

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
prsawyer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 03:17:44 PM »

thank you for all the prayers I do get lonley sometimes being away from my family and desiring to having a mate. GBU Penny
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 05:30:33 PM »

Sister, I know how painful loneliness can be. I'm a shut in, I only go out when I go to church or to Bible study, twice a week is all I get out. OH and when I go to the lab or the DR. My husband works a 40 hour day job and a 30 part time job. my kids are grown and on their own I live 2 and a half hours from two of them, but we never have time to see them. I find that my time goes fast being here and studying the Bible also praying for member of CU.

I also find comfort knowing that Jesus will never leave me He is always there when I want to talk to Him.

I will continue to pray for you.

Love in Christ,
Maria

prsawyer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 10:46:09 PM »

is there a reason on why i have never had a serious relationship since i am 38 and i have missed out in things in life I've been close but something always goes wrong or the fact i mention attending church and being a Christian. but the guy who is married did not walk away from me i do hope from my kindness by me being myself put some effect into his life and things are better for him i hope he has turn to God. because i walked away from him but it seem after i did that he did not want to let me go because the feelings he had for me. that was hard for me to do since i was the one who always got dump and this time i had to be the one to walk away from the situation i just still do not understand why a person who is married would pursue another  and especially ask someone if there plans in the future where marriage and kids i will never understand why he ask me that. i guess i miss just having someone to talk with not the personcause i do not miss him after what he did to me. thank you for the prayers GBU all , Penny
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 08:50:32 AM »

Hello Sister Penny,

I would first say that the married man going out on his wife was wrong in every way, and that would probably be evidence of how he would treat any other woman he got married to. SO, I would consider him to be a waste of time.

You might consider that it would be 100 times better to be single than to be married to the wrong man who would abuse you or mistreat you. Please remember that just being married to the wrong person can be a nightmare involving unhappiness, fear, pain, physical injury, and worse.

You being a Christian and wanting to go to church should be very positive for the right man for you. Being unequally yoked to a lost man is a "should not" according to the Bible. Regardless, it would be a major problem, and you should already know that loving the LORD is always going to be at the top of your list of things that make you happy. If you fall in love with a man with the same priority, your chances of having a happy marriage will be much greater.

I know this is easy to say, but the best course is to pray, pray some more, and wait on the LORD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 2:1-2 NASB  Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.

prsawyer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 04:06:38 PM »

thank you for the response and yes I only want the person that God has pick out for me if that is his will for my life. all I know I must be patient and wait and see on the Lord and focus on school even though I do desire a mate and that I go through loneliness at times but I know married people go through that also and God is with me sometimes it seems God is silent on certain prayers like praying for a mate but other prayers like for my family , school and even for the sick they get answered maybe I am, just praying the wrong way or it's not the right tiime . GBU and thanks for all your help,

Penny
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 04:12:03 PM »

Penny I agree with BEPs, it is very good advice.

I am praying for you in several areas.

prsawyer

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 05:59:35 PM »

thanks and God bless you,

Penny
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the