Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:41:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  New Versions of Firefox and Thunderbird are Out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Versions of Firefox and Thunderbird are Out  (Read 1505 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2006, 05:46:21 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Version 1.507 of Firefox and Thunderbird are out. For those of you who don't know:

1 - Firefox is a freeware browser that runs on nearly all OS platforms that is very fast and safe. It is loaded with features that the competition doesn't have, and there are many additional freeware modules that can be added on for more features.

2 - Thunderbird is a freeware mail program that is much like Firefox in terms of many additional features, safety, and additional freeware modules that can be added on to it. It is designed to work with Firefox and is excellent.

Recent ratings of both programs are excellent and rated number 1, even over commercial programs. Even with the additional features, they are both very easy to learn how to use. Across the board, these two freeware programs beat everything on the market, so you have nothing to lose in trying them.  ENJOY!

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 06:49:17 AM »

Thanks for letting us know Brother, I need to get my update  Cheesy.
I just want to make one more comment here. Before I started using Firefox, my cursor would get stuck, the pages would take forever to load up, I used to get kicke all the time and after I started using firefox, I have never had that problem  Smiley Smiley

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 10:21:04 AM »

Sister Maria,

I think that Microsoft closed some huge security holes in Internet Explorer, but they didn't give out many instructions to deal with the higher security. I have trouble every time that I use Internet Explorer, even on sites that I have configured to be "Trusted" like Christians Unite. Maybe I didn't look hard enough for instructions with each "hotfix" that effected Internet Explorer, but Internet Explorer was very slow compared to Firefox even when Internet Explorer was working correctly.

AND, I must add there are some free extensions to add to Firefox that I really like and use every day. I've read some reviews about the new Internet Explorer that Microsoft is getting ready to release. It isn't a full release yet, so detailed reviews might not be very fair, but Firefox still beats it in every area and offers a lengthy list of features that Internet Explorer doesn't offer.

Maybe we could also start a thread on favorite free extensions and themes offered for Firefox and Thunderbird. We can even give our own reviews and why we like it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 36:7 NASB  How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 11:13:56 AM »

Brother Tom, I have both IE and Firefox installed on my computer, and to be honest with you the only time I ever use IE is when I go to a site that does not use or allow Firefox as a browser. Ever since I started using Firefox, I have not needed to use IE except for maybe one site, and I only went there because it was a link. I really like IE a whole lot more. My husband used to use Firefox as his browser, but lately he went back to IE, he told me it was because Firefox has so many extensions it was taking up too much space on his hard drive. I only use the extensions that I like or need on Firefox one of them is the translating where I can place the cursor over a word and it gives me translations, this helps me a little when I am trying to translate documents even though I am 100% bi-lingual, English was my first language and sometimes I just can't remember the correct translation. There are many features with Firefox that I really like.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the