Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Praying for Hollywood
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Praying for Hollywood  (Read 4012 times)
Mist-Faer

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2006, 11:20:53 AM »

Hey out there!!

Can people please join me in praying for hollywood? I know this is the movie forum not the prayer but I think it is appropriate for this forum...

Many people have laughed at me because I feel the need to pray for Hollywood, but I feel that it is needed... What I'm doing is I'm praying for one hollywood star that I feel led to pray for, until the Lord leads me to pray for someone else...

Can anyone join me? Also can you share on this forum who you are praying for?

Here's mine...

I'm praying for Orlando Bloom... He is a Buddhist, but I saw an interview with him on Oprah and he seems to have such a wonderful heart, he just needs to find the true way...

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 11:30:53 AM »

Hi Mist,

Welcome to Christians Unite.

Yes I can see the need to pray for Hollywood. They have a very strong influence on this world and can and have led many astray with their inappropriate movies. I haven't prayed for any specific actor/actress that I can remember of. I have prayed in general that they will get more appropriate Christian entertainment available on TV and in the theaters especially so for our youth of today.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Mist-Faer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 11:36:01 AM »

I totally agree with you Pastor Roger... The media had such and influence on the youth of today and there are so many films that promote bad language, violence and in proper sex... I am really praying for a break through in Hollywood...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 03:50:53 PM by Mist-Faer » Logged
David_james
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 08:11:27 AM »

Hollywood is pretty much garbage. There is always going to be bad movies. I hate people saying "sex sells", no that's just what they want you to think.
Mist-Faer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 07:08:33 AM »

Thats why I'm praying for Hollywood... I don't know why the Lord has laid this on my heart but I'm going to follow through with it... I believe God can make a change Cheesy
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 07:45:34 AM »

Mist, I understand how you feel, and I am glad that you bought this up. Hollywood in general is full of a lot of garbage and that is because the devil uses Hollywood to keep people from coming to Christ, and those that do believe in Christ, he keeps them from spending time with The Lord, what I'm trying to say here is that the devil has used Hollywood as his tool against God and against His children.
What we all sometimes forget is that a lot of these actors and actressess are people just like us who are LOST and need someone to pray for them that they may find the Way.
I think you have a very good idea there in prayigng for someone each day. who knows, maybe you are the only person praying for that particular peson, God uses us in so many different ways. EVERYONE needs prayer.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 07:58:23 AM »

Maybe we wait, first. Then when fools stop living thier fantasy away from reality. Then we can ask our Lord to give them chance to be saved by our Lord, however our lord father might already had plan for Hollywood Shocked

good plan, right? Wink

Mist-Faer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 04:04:56 PM »

Hey all again Wink I know its been awhile since I've posted on this thread  Embarrassed

God has been giving me so much confirmation about praying for the media and hollywood... I really do believe something awesome is going to happen.  I'm not only just praying but I have the faith that people are going to find the Lord Jesus... I think film can become an awesome minisrtry to reveal God's love to the world... I have been called by the Lord to go into film making and I have a passion for it and I look forward to making some awesome Christian films!! Cheesy

But I keep being reminded to pray for actors, actresses, film directors and producers etc.  I realised God loves them just as much as He loves us... And who knows our prayers could bring them salvation Smiley And I think that would make my Daddy up in Heaven sooooooo very happy coz all He desires is that everyone on earth come to know Him. 

I'm so excited about what the Lord is doing!! I just know we are going to see some awesome stuff happen  Grin   
Reverend Newski

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 10:58:57 PM »

Hollywood is pretty much garbage. There is always going to be bad movies. I hate people saying "sex sells", no that's just what they want you to think.

While it is true that lesser intellects might enjoy sex appeal (which is different from sex) most people enjoy movies of substance (albeit sometimes regardless of content.... People will ignore whatever kind of messed up content if the movie has a good story and is very thematic).

Sorry, I'm a filmmaker myself.  Therefore, I've studied trends in Filmmaking. The most popular movies (regardless of the moral content) are thematic and character driven... That's the important aspect of EVERY single film on IMDB's top 250...

If you want to fix Hollywood, you have to do it by making your own wholesome movies.

Of course, Hollywood is run by one thing: Dollar signs. That false idol that is money. I pray that they realize that money won't get them very fair, and they decide instead of trying to create and influence trends they simply make quality entertainment and follow moral guidelines instead of what sells....

Of course, this is how every industry is corrupted. Money turns otherwise good people into demons....

(modified to remove blatant disregard of forum rules  - moderator)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 11:24:05 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 11:35:18 PM »

People that ignore the "messed up content" are most likely ones that are willing to compromise with things of the world. We as Christians must make a stand for Christ and attempt to follow Him. Doing so means that we should not accept such garbage no matter how "good a story" or "thematic" it may be thought to be.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 02:07:54 AM »

I believe it's good to pray for "Hollywood"....especially if the Lord lays that on your heart.  (I am praying for Muslims worldwide to come to know Christ as their Savior.)

I recently read that the "R" rated movies are not making as much money as the more family oriented movies.  Also, the article said that the animated movies are really making the big bucks!!  I hope the film industry gets the message.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
baxley

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 05:17:19 AM »

God has laid it upon my heart to pray for Hollywood, also.

I once had a dream after praying and I saw the studio where the Exorcist was film. Suddenly there was fire out of heaven come down on it burning it until there was nothing left.

God is working in Hollywood. Just keep praying. Entertainers need the Lord, too.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the