Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:20:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  just cross my mind
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: just cross my mind  (Read 2072 times)
adjiemind

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2006, 01:41:24 PM »

Spiderman

Peter’s journey of becoming fisherman of men was started by a miracle on the day when he returned from the sea without gaining a single fish. Then Jesus came and taught the multitude from the boat. Having finished his preaching, Jesus told Peter to put out in to the deep and let down the nets for a catch. With hesitation in the heart, Peter still did what Jesus said. Then miracle happened; their nets were breaking due to a large number of fish they enclosed! (Luke 5:1-11)

Deliberately or not, this event occurred once more in Peter’s life but under the different situation which was right after Jesus resurrected. Apparently this situation couldn’t make Peter recognize Jesus, or perhaps Peter was still mourning and confused by Jesus being crucified to death.

Albeit he’s unable to recognize Jesus, Peter was willing to spread out his net when Jesus told him to. This time Peter was not told to put out his boat in to the deep; though his boat was quite near the shore. Peter casting the net on the right side of the boat was enough for Jesus to make another miracle; the same kind of miracle that happened before was happening once more in Peter’s life. And although there were so many fish caught, the net was not torn. (John 21:1-14)

Have we ever reflected on the difference of Peter’s life with ours? Don’t we also experience obedience and denial in our faith life for Jesus? Why does it seem that Peter was always given another chance to heal his faith by Jesus’ miracle; whereas God seems like doing nothing when it is us who endure the faith crisis?

Actually Peter went in the faith crisis as well. Right after Jesus’ crucifixion, Peter returned to his previous life as a fisherman – the life he had before encountering Jesus. Isn’t that another form of his second ‘denial’ to Jesus?

Amidst the similar weaknesses of faith life between us and Peter, there is one major point to watch closely – the net. While having crisis in his faith life, Peter didn’t use just any nets. Peter didn’t use his old net. Don’t you think it’s more efficient for Peter to fix his old torn net or just buy the new ordinary net? Peter did not only change his net but he also used stronger net with greater fish capacity!! Maybe we claim the net as one package in God’s miracle; but if it is, then why was the previous net torn so bad? Both nets “contained” God’s miracle, right?

Yes, we can’t avoid the fluctuations in our faith life. It doesn’t matter how much we deny God or how great our desire to leave God because all those downfalls will be meaningless when we find faith experience (even the smallest one) and implement it right away in our life.

Just close your eyes and hear the sound inside of you. Something inside that makes you do what you got to do.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 03:01:56 PM »

Hi adjie,

Welcome to Christians Unite.

Yes, Jesus is faithful to us no matter how much we may waiver. He is always there waiting for us to turn to Him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 03:43:10 PM »

Welcome to CU adjiemind  Cheesy Cheesy

Faith is something that we really have to continually work on that is why it is so important to read the Word of God everyday, faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
adjiemind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 11:42:23 AM »

Hi...thanks for welcoming me  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fruity

I found a verse about a fig tree with no fruit and how God wants to cut the tree down (Luke 13:7).

Actually this verse is very simple but I’m not satisfied and even bear extra curiosity. Why the tree has no fruit? There’s no sign of the tree being damaged or its trunk being broken.

Being graduated in Biology Major during high school, I did a little research on how the tree lives. The physical appearance looked fine, so there must be an ‘internal disease’. Just like some Christians; they seem holy and have a great spiritual health in their outer appearance but their ‘inner spirit condition’ are terribly dying.

Through my reading research in some biology books, I found two things:
(Assuming the root is Jesus, the shallow cambium in the tree trunk is us and the fertilizer/nourishing food is God’s Words and Holy Spirit)

“The root has the ability to supply/push the nourishing food (or fertilizer) from the ground into the plants/trees.”
Jesus Christ is the one who supplies the food/fertilizer into the cambium. We only have to distribute it till the end (becoming fruity). What’s so difficult of becoming God’s cambium? Are we too stupid? Even the dumb one is able to distribute things when being told so.

“The food is delivered through shallow cambium. The cambium is very shallow so the food should queue in line to reach the branches and leaves. When the front queue line moves forward one step, then the back line will also follow to move one step. But when the front part is stuck, then the back line is unable to move forward. This distribution movement should be supported by the ‘magnetism force’ between the shallow cambium and the food itself.”
This reminds me of the verse in John 15:5; we abide in Christ and Christ in us. It’s not a reversing in words-game but it’s just the way it is and of this I believe as the ‘magnetism force’ between the shallow cambium and the food itself. “God abides in us” obviously becomes the task of the tree root (Jesus), whereas “we abide in God” is the cambium task (distribute the nourishing food to the entire tree until the tree grow fruits).

We are often lack of this magnetism force. We often receive God’s Words and even ask for His Holy Power without realizing that the next step is to “grasp and deliver” God’s Words and Power in every aspect of our life to be fruity in Christ. We often become stagnant and our cambium stuck ‘the food’ proper distribution (related to the second process I wrote in previous passage).

We can say that we’ve received too much of God’s Words and Power; yet too little, moreover, forget to use God’s Words in our daily life so we are lack of ‘the fruit’ because the fruit we ought to produce is the action of God’s Words in our real daily life.

Sometimes we also act like the wise ones. That’s why Jesus said that Christian faith is foolishness to the world. So being fruity is becoming the loyal cambium to distribute His Blessing for our surrounding.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 12:13:56 AM »

Hello Adjiemind,

First, I apologize for being late in welcoming you, so WELCOME!

Most of our new members start in the "About You" area, so I missed your first post. I look forward to reading more of your posts and having fellowship with you.

Your questions are thought provoking, and they obviously involve all of the Christians here and everywhere. As an example, what kind of excuse would I want to offer for failure to bring forth fruit as a Christian? It's difficult in this part of the world to make excuses. We have ample supplies of Godly material everywhere we look, and it isn't dangerous or life-threatening to be using them. If there is any blame, it lies completely with ourselves, and there isn't any excuses. Even if it was dangerous to share the things of the LORD, GOD would not accept that as an excuse. God wouldn't accept any of the other excuses either, and most of the real reasons for being barren are personal failures that are solely our fault. We might make some excuses, but we don't really believe them either, so why should God.

If we are barren, the biggest reason is we simply don't care. We don't properly appreciate all of the blessings that GOD has given us, and we are too lazy to show our appreciation. We really should ask ourselves why God wouldn't want to cut down a barren tree or prune a dead limb. We have an abundance of everything we need to bear fruit, and there is no excuse for being barren.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:2 NASB  that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself,

adjiemind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 03:42:58 PM »

Thanks blackeyedpeas...sorry if i too "quiet"...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H O P E

I’m inspired by the tales of four leprous men written in 2 Kings 7:3-9. These four men were facing three complicated choices; all three choices that might lead them to death. Let us focus on verse 3-4 to observe the detail consequences of the three options they had.

Now there were four men who were lepers at the entrance to the gate. And they said to one another, "Why are we sitting here until we die? If we say, 'Let us enter the city,' the famine is in the city, and we shall die there. And if we sit here, we die also. So now come, let us go over to the camp of the Syrians. If they spare our lives we shall live, and if they kill us we shall but die."

Then, was there any hope for them at that time? What’s the use of hope? Is it just a dreamy desire or heart-comforter? The followings are what you’ll get when having hope in Jesus Christ.

1. Heading for Better Things (Hebrew 6:9)
It’s quite amazing to see how these four leprous men chose to go over the camp of the Syrians, though it means they had to put their lives as stakes. They did this on a very simple reason; they did not want to die! Isn’t that remarkable? Moreover, some of us choose to die when hopelessly facing problems. We give up so easily because we’re too afraid to see all those problems waiving our life. Are those four leprous men in better condition than us?! This is the use of hope in Jesus Christ, not for dreaming, but as the guidance that leads us to better condition. When we’re in hesitation to make a decision, find that better thing by putting all hope in Jesus Christ.

2. Full Assurance (Hebrew 6:11)
To conduct uncertainty is very difficult. When these four men were close enough to see the camp of Syrians from afar, they might feel terrified and not wanting to continue their journey. Unnoticed by these four men, God made a miracle. God made the army of Syrians to hear the little steps of these four leprous men as the sound of chariots, horses and great army; so they fled away in the twilight and abandoned their tents, their horses, and their donkeys, leaving the camp as it was, and fled for their lives.
Have we ever seen the certainty of a hope? Only by faith and knowledge of Jesus’ love and power, we can experience the full assurance of hope. God may allow great miracles to happen (without being noticed by us) so we can overcome our difficult problems. Having hope in Jesus Christ will free our mind from worries.

3. A Sure and Steadfast Anchor (Hebrew 6:19)
When these lepers came to the edge of the camp, they went into a tent and ate and drank, and they carried off silver and gold and clothing and went and hid them. Then they came back and entered another tent and carried off things from it and went and hid them. Yet they then realized that their city also needed the food, so they passed along this good news to the people in their city.
Will we stop hoping in Jesus Christ when we have achieved our desires? Will we end it with our greed so we will ignore Jesus Christ? Are we convinced that we shall never encounter more troubles in our life? We often lose control and drag ourselves to bigger and worse problems. If we don’t stain our hope in Jesus Christ, then we are like a sure and steadfast anchor. Problems may waive our life but we will not be carried away with it.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 06:08:30 PM »

Hello Adjiemind,

Amen!  There are MANY portions of Scripture in the Holy Bible that should inspire us, encourage us, and strengthen us to do God's Work. The portion of Scripture you chose did involve great potential danger and maybe even death.

In this part of the world, Christians should be able to think of many good things to do for others, and most of the time they don't involve danger or the fear of death. So, our main excuse in this part of the world is mainly just being too lazy to do something. There will always be a great many things that need to be done, and Christians in this part of the world could certainly do them in safety most of the time.

Christians in this part of the world are really pretty spoiled, and they rarely have to face any danger to do large lists of things that need to be done. Rarely do we need to pray for courage to get something done in our part of the world, and we already have the greatest resources and tools to get things done. SO, we have no excuse for not staying busy.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:6-7 NASB  Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.

jewel_e

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 10:54:38 AM »

it's a very impressive thread for a newbie like me. thanks for such a blessing article. i'm in the point of learning to have more hope in facing my life's struggle. yes, i agree with you. it takes more than just a hope to achieve our goals, we got to do some ACTION so our hope will give impact as reality. again i say, thank you for uplifting my spirit through this one.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 07:33:50 PM »

Hello Jewel_E,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!

I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you. I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Titus 3:4-7 NASB  But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 07:43:29 PM »

Hello Jewel, welcome to CU  Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
adjiemind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 12:15:09 PM »

Don’t let God be the last to know

In the Garden of Eden, God forbade Adam to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for in the day that he eats of it he shall surely die. The God created Eve whom got tempted by the evil to eat of the tree. Eve also gave the fruits to Adam. To see Eve still alive after consuming the fruit, Adam decided to eat it also. This is the first violation of man; unfortunately this trespass is great enough to ruin the interactive relationship between God and human.

Eventually God will allow human to consume the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. It is written in the book of Revelation. However, God knows it’s not the time yet for them to eat those fruits.

There’s an interesting part of this scene; there’s the change of punishment from death penalty to be exiled from the Garden of Eden. Why did God cancel to give death punishment to human? He did it by His Wisdom and Love. God is like a Father who never runs out of idea to educate his children. God prefer to change the death punishment and choose another kind of punishment to educate human.

God created us like knitting, each thread upon another so it’s very impossible if God doesn’t know our weaknesses. Don’t undervalue His Wisdom and Love by feeling unnecessary to talk about our weaknesses to Him. Don’t let Him be the last to know. Are we afraid to make God angry? If God is angry by our weaknesses, He probably vanished human since the day Adam and Eve committed the first sin!!

In the story of Noah, it’s written that God felt regret. He didn’t regret for bringing the great flood, but what grieved God at His Heart is no human ask for mercy nor forgiveness. If only Noah was not that close to God, the flood probably would end the human kind.

This scene also emphasis that we are still not deserved to consume the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. It proved that even though we know which is good and which is evil, but we are still having difficulties to arrange it in the correct classification. Again, this weakness doesn’t grieve God. God grieves on us each time we don’t involve Him when we’re classifying good and evil. We frequently pray and worship God, that’s good … but don’t let it transform us to be the perfect human according to our version, as to cover our weaknesses or “to please God”.

Jesus stated that we are His Friends, not His Servants. Jesus is not ashamed to speak the truth, to talk of how God loves us and also how God doubt our faith because we will suffer before encountering Him in heaven. God wants you to be the first to know about it. Just as Noah was obligated to build up an ark, God really wants us to join in His Rescue Plan.

Therefore, appreciate His Wisdom and Love. Do not fear and avoid Him in our weak time. Even in our darkest moment to commit sin, just share it to God; don’t let God be the last to know. Maybe God will stay silent … but behold; for His Mercy and Love never stay still. Don’t avoid ourselves from the “already damaged” relationship to God.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 02:15:53 PM »

Hi adjiemind,

I must point out something here. Tree of the knowledge of good and evil was the downfall of man due to mankind not following God's command. This tree is not mentioned in the Book of Revelations. That is the Tree of Life of which all those that enter heaven will be able to partake of.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the