Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:45:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Poetry/Prose (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Judgement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Judgement  (Read 2831 times)
Doozer
« on: August 31, 2006, 04:18:22 AM »

I just wanted to send this poem to get your opinion of it's context. Does it sound harsh or negative? Is it scriptural?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 04:25:10 AM »

Hi Doozer,

Welcome to Christians Unite.

I would like to be able to answer your questions but something happened where the poem didn't get posted. Maybe you could try to post it again.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Doozer
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 04:37:38 AM »

Wow, thanx Roger for the welcome, that was fast. Been in a church for 20 yrs and never had someone to respond so quickly. New here, but I will try to send again another way.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 04:44:22 AM »

Hi Doozer,

I am sure that you will get many more responses here as soon as the other members start coming back on.

The easiest way for you to post your poem is to do a cut and paste into the reply box. If you don't have it where you can do a copy function on it you may have to just type it in the reply box.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Doozer
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 04:54:16 AM »

I just wanted to send this poem to get your opinion of it's context. Does it sound harsh or negative? Is it scriptural? I know of free Grace, but Does it sound of the law?
JUDGEMENT

I broke up the ground, and what have you done.
You have not planted, so in growth, there was none.

So I planted the seed, and you did not care.
You have not watered, no time you have spared.

Then I sent down the rain, to give you a sprout.
But you were unthankful, so I gave you the drought.

It all  soon withered from the heat of the day.
And you never noticed what you had went away.

Doozer
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 05:04:17 AM »

Amen, That is indeed scriptural. The seed is the word of God. If the word is not recieved and nurtured it will come to nothing.

Doozer
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 05:33:54 AM »

Amen, That is indeed scriptural. The seed is the word of God. If the word is not recieved and nurtured it will come to nothing.

Thanx. Thought so, but I just needed another opionion. Never want to post something that would take away from the love of God and His Grace thru Jesus, our Savior and do harm to anyone. We are our brothers keeper. thanx again.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 05:36:45 AM »

JUDGEMENT

I broke up the ground, and what have you done.
You have not planted, so in growth, there was none.

So I planted the seed, and you did not care.
You have not watered, no time you have spared.

Then I sent down the rain, to give you a sprout.
But you were unthankful, so I gave you the drought.

It all  soon withered from the heat of the day.
And you never noticed what you had went away.

Doozer

Hello Doozer,

First, WELCOME!!

I like it and I don't think that you were too harsh at all. It speaks volumes, and it should make all Christians think. We all need to think about what we are doing for the LORD. We also need to be reminded about the things we should give thanks for and the things that we neglect. I think that you hit the nail on the head in a nice way.

I'm looking forward to our fellowship, and I hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 4:4-6 NASB  But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

Doozer
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 11:51:25 PM »

Thanx for the welcome Tom. Thus far, I enjoy the responses. I so very much need Christian discourse on my journey lately. I hope I have found a place to come to periodically, to just fellowship. How we need each other in these last days. Sometimes i just need to empty out the Spirit and sometimes I just need to listen to someone else flow. I have written lots of poetry and have never really shared them. Thanx for letting me whoever you are who began this. God blesses us.  Doozer
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 12:52:04 AM »

Hello Doozer,

Many of us come here to relax, share, for encouragement, for strengthening, and just the good, clean fun of fellowship. What we share is the love of JESUS CHRIST as the central focus of our lives, and that is more than enough.

I really do hope that you like it here and become a regular. It's nice to have a place of refuge where Christians can get together and share the joy of the LORD. We always have a large assortment of spiritual food that's like a huge buffet open 24/7. We give thanks for the great abundance that GOD has given us and the safety to enjoy it. Every time I think about this, I must stop and pray for Christians around the world who are being beaten, tortured, imprisoned, and killed for trying to worship GOD. We are so richly blessed that we should never take any of our freedoms to worship for granted.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:30-31 NASB  As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God,

Doozer
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 03:00:15 AM »

thanx Tom for the acknowledgement and encouragement. But may i ask how you got my e-mail address from ChristiansUnite? If you please....  Rob
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 03:58:47 AM »

thanx Tom for the acknowledgment and encouragement. But may i ask how you got my e-mail address from ChristiansUnite? If you please....  Rob

Hello Doozer,

If you are talking about receiving a newsletter, all members automatically get those unless they set their profiles for no notifications. The same is true for threads that you are involved in. You have settings in your personal profile to turn email notifications on or off. Email notifications of new messages is a major and very positive feature if you want to know when someone replies to one of your messages. That's all automatic from the system unless you turn it off. Automated messages are easily recognized as such and don't contain a Moderator's name,

Reference Global Moderators and ADMIN, we do have access to your email in case there are problems with your account, or in exceptional cases where law enforcement must be contacted for violations of the law. However, that is rare, and most of the email is automatically generated notifications. I don't recommend it, but you can turn that off in your personal profile. I hope this answers most of your questions.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Titus 2:11-14 NASB  For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 04:08:25 AM »

Doozer,

I forgot to tell you that the email notification will contain a user's name that replied to your message. See the example below. It is the email notification that I got when you made a new post in a thread that I was involved in with you.

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by Doozer.

View the reply at: http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=12895.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by clicking here: http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?action=notify;topic=12895.0

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.

Regards,
The ChristiansUnite Forums Team.

If you have any problems with profile settings, there is an excellent help system. Just push the help button at the top of your screen.

You also have a choice to hide or show your email address to the general public. We recommend that you set that to "hide", but Moderators and ADMIN can still see all email addresses, IP numbers, and anything else that is needed to enforce the forum rules and keep the forum clean.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 10:27-28 NASB  "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

Doozer
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 04:18:46 AM »

thanks again Tom. Stilll learning. Just wanted to know if my e-mail was visible to all. Rob
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 08:55:05 AM »

Hey Doozer  Cheesy

I know I already welcomed you in another post, but wlcome again  Cheesy

I think your poem is great,
it is short and powerful, it gets the message across

Thank you for sharing it with us. I'm looking forward to reading more if you have any.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the