Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:35:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Show links Darwin, Hitler ideologies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show links Darwin, Hitler ideologies  (Read 2506 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2006, 02:32:57 PM »

Show links Darwin, Hitler ideologies
Holocaust was fallout of evolution theory, says new production

Charles Darwin should share with Hitler the blame for the 11 million or more lives lost in the Holocaust, a new television special explains. And, the program says, the more than 45 million American lives lost to abortion also can be blamed on that famous founder of evolutionary theory.

"This show basically is about the social effects of Darwinism, and shows this idea, which is scientifically bankrupt, has probably been responsible for more bloodshed than anything else in the history of humanity," Jerry Newcomb, one of two co-producers, told WorldNetDaily.

Author and Christian broadcaster D. James Kennedy said the new "Darwin’s Deadly Legacy," is a ground-breaking inquiry into Darwin’s "chilling" social impact, and it will air nationwide on Aug. 26-27 on "The Coral Ridge Hour."

Co-producer Jerry Newcomb said before the advent of Darwinian beliefs, the basic concept was that man was made in the image of God, and was therefore valuable. But Darwin changed all that.

"Karl Marx wouldn’t embrace all (Darwin’s) tenets, but said, 'This is a scientific theory on which we can base our theory of man,'" Newcomb told WND.

Ann Coulter, bestselling author of "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," and a WND columnist, said Hitler simply was taking Darwinism from the theoretical to the practical.

"He thought the Aryans were the fittest and he was just hurrying natural selection along," she said.

"We talk about the link between Darwin and Hitler, and in the middle ground, eugenics," said Newcomb. "Darwin led to eugenics, which led directly to Hitler."

"I was just shocked about a week ago, (when a news report) talked about a designer clinic, where you could design your own baby. They said everybody seems to want perfect Aryans. Where have we heard that?" said Newcomb, who worked with John Rabe on the project based on the book "Darwin’s Deadly Legacy," by Richard Weikart.

"I never knew about the link between Darwin and Hitler until after reading Richard Weikart’s book," said Coulter.

Coulter is among the experts who appear in the special. Others are Weikart, Lee Strobel, author of "The Case for a Creator," Jonathan Wells, author of "Icons of Evolution," and Human Genome Project Director Francis Collins.

"To put it simply, no Darwin, no Hitler," said Kennedy, who is host for the special. "Hitler tried to speed up evolution, to help it along, and millions suffered and died in unspeakable ways because of it."

The program also addresses eugenics, a term coined by Darwin’s own cousin, Francis Galton, who campaigned for using human genetics as a means to breed superior beings.

In the United States, nearly three dozen states at one point mandated sterilization programs to prevent the "feeble-minded" and other "defectives" from reproducing.

A direct result of that concept is today’s Planned Parenthood, the production shows. Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger believed in removing what she called the "dead weight of human waste," the program says.

"Eugenics is applied Darwinism," said Coulter.

The culmination of that belief system appears to have been the Columbine massacre. There, students Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris killed 12 other students, a teacher, and themselves, after setting out on a plan to kill 500.

"Harris wrote on his website, 'YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE??? Natural SELECTION! It’s the best thing that ever happened to the Earth. Getting rid of all the stupid and weak organisms,'" the report says.

Reports show that on the day of the attack Harris wore a T-shirt with the words, "Natural Selection."

Kennedy said all this happened because of a set of theories with "a crumbling scientific foundation."

Coral Ridge Ministries said it also has published a companion book to the television special, called "Evolution’s Fatal Fruit: How Darwin’s Tree of Life Brought Death to Millions."

It was written by Tom DeRosa, executive director of the Creation Studies Institute, and examines the social consequences of Darwin’s theory.

There was a point when a U.S. Supreme Court ruling in 1927 authorized the sterilization of a "feeble minded" woman from Virginia. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes concluded, in that decision, that "three generations of imbeciles are enough."

Using the same belief structure, Hitler at one point ordered the destruction of 100,000 Germans because they were considered "useless eaters."

Coral Ridge Ministries is a Christian broadcasting organization with radio and television programming that reaches 200 nations.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 09:27:01 AM »

Although I agree that Atheism has killed more people than Christianity.  I will have to try and watch this.  Some of the ideas are stretches in logical thinking.  And those are the kinds of things that athiests love to pick up on and use as a tool against believing.  When large leaps in logic are done to try and prove a point that is flimsy it becomes easy to mentally pick it appart and use that as denial tools.

I can see the logical process here but there is no proof that if Darwin had not come up with his evolutionary theory that Hitler would not have come up with the concentration camps, thought of the perfect race himself, or anything of that nature.  That is where the logical fallacy comes in.

So I will have to take it with a grain of salt and like I said try and watch it when it comes on because it sounds entertaining. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 09:40:33 AM »

When it comes to evolutionary subjects atheists will see only what they want to see even when the evidence is plain and very definite. So I agree if the evidence is not plain they will definitely pick it apart.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:35:21 PM »

I will have to say it is not just athiests that do this.  It is man that does this sort of thing.  It is in our sinful and self willed nature that if there is something we do not agree with then we tend to find fault first instead of merit.  People that say they like change are typically liars.  No one "likes" change.  They only think they like change and that limited only to change that is in their perceptions a positive thing. 

Someone who states they like change is like someone who claims to be an anarchist and loves chaos and makes a huge elaborate plan to create chaos....

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 03:22:44 PM »

Darwin-Hitler connection sparks attacks 
Bloggers try to discredit experts on connection to bloodshed

A new television program linking Darwin to Hitler and the contemporary abortion industry isn't even on the air yet, and already the attacks have begun on those who appear in it.

Author and Christian broadcaster D. James Kennedy of Coral Ridge Ministries said the new "Darwin’s Deadly Legacy" is a ground-breaking inquiry into Darwin’s "chilling" social impact, and it will air nationwide on Aug. 26-27 on "The Coral Ridge Hour."

But yesterday comments appeared on the Pharyngula website, among others, offering stinging criticism of those on the show.

One of those targeted was Human Genome Project Director Francis Collins, whose book, "The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief," was published only a few months ago.

"I have no idea what role Collins is going to play in this dishonest piece of trash, but I hope he is properly ashamed of being associated with it," one critic said. "Unfortunately, we're going to have to watch it to find out."

Collins explained that he had been interviewed by Coral Ridge about his book, and the taping was inserted into the program without his advance knowledge.

An online information website noted he grew up in a home that as "only nominally Christian" and he was an atheist by graduate school. However, in dealing with terminal patients, he began to question his own religious beliefs and reported becoming a Christian after reading "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis.

The documentary was done to "show why evolution is a bad idea that should be discarded into the dustbin of history," according to Wikipedia. And, it says, Collins said he was "unambiguous in stating that he was interviewed about his book, and that was then inserted into the video without his knowledge."

He describes himself as a "theistic evolutionist."

That means, he said, "I take the view that God, in His wisdom, used evolution as His creative scheme. I don't see why that's such a bad idea. That's pretty amazingly creative on His part."

He calls evolution a "compelling" theory that never can be proven.

The blog criticism attacked him for appearing on the special, then offered a half-hearted apology. The reader had contacted Collins about the special, and noted that Collins said his video was used without his knowledge and he didn't want to be quoted further.

John Aman, a spokesman for Coral Ridge, said Collins' comments weren't sought in an advocacy role.

"Dr. Francis Collins has, apparently, disassociated himself with the special," Aman said. "He is not presented as an advocate of the Darwin-Hitler thesis, but in our science section, he is presented as an evolutionist who addresses the question of God and creation."

WorldNetDaily columnist Ann Coulter also was a target for the critics who have yet to see the program.

She has, the critic contended, "no knowledge of science or history," and others on the program are nothing but "creationists."

Darwin actually, the critic contended, "was an enlightened fellow for his time who opposed the racism endemic to his culture.

The program, according to producer Jerry Newcomb, is about the social effects of Darwinism, and the bloodshed that can be attributed to those beliefs. He said before Darwin, the basic concept was that man was made in the image of God, and was therefore valuable. But Darwin changed all that.

Coulter, who also wrote the bestselling "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," said Hitler simply was taking Darwinism from the theoretical to the practical.

"He thought the Aryans were the fittest and he was just hurrying natural selection along," she said.

"We talk about the link between Darwin and Hitler, and in the middle ground, eugenics," said Newcomb. "Darwin led to eugenics, which led directly to Hitler."

Abortion follows, because the logic supporting that says not all human life is to be protected.

"To put it simply, no Darwin, no Hitler," said Kennedy, who is host for the special. "Hitler tried to speed up evolution, to help it along, and millions suffered and died in unspeakable ways because of it."

Coral Ridge noted the culmination of that belief system appears to have been the Columbine massacre. There, students Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris killed 12 other students, a teacher, and themselves, after setting out on a plan to kill 500.

"Harris wrote on his website, 'YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE??? Natural SELECTION! It’s the best thing that ever happened to the Earth. Getting rid of all the stupid and weak organisms,'" the report says.

Reports show that on the day of the attack Harris wore a T-shirt with the words, "Natural Selection."

Coral Ridge Ministries said it also has published a companion book to the television special, called "Evolution’s Fatal Fruit: How Darwin’s Tree of Life Brought Death to Millions."

Coral Ridge Ministries is a Christian broadcasting organization with radio and television programming that reaches 200 nations.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 01:45:45 AM »

ADL joins in criticism of evolution expose
Coral Ridge defends Darwin-Hitler show as review of history

A yet-to-be broadcast television special created by Coral Ridge Ministries has been targeted for criticism by the Anti-Defamation League.

Just one day after bloggers took their shots at "Darwin’s Deadly Legacy", which features more than a dozen experts in various fields talking about the connections between Darwin's theories, eugenics, Hitler and abortion, ADL National Director Abraham H. Foxman issued a statement.

"This is an outrageous and shoddy attempt by D. James Kennedy to trivialize the horrors of the Holocaust. Hitler did not need Darwin to devise his heinous plan to exterminate the Jewish people. Trivializing the Holocaust comes from either ignorance at best or, at worst, a mendacious attempt to score political points in the culture war on the backs of six million Jewish victims and others who died at the hands of the Nazis."

Kennedy, an author and Christian broadcaster, had just announced the inquiry into Darwin’s "chilling" social impact, a production set to air nationwide on Aug. 26-27 on "The Coral Ridge Hour."

Then the comments started appearing on the Pharyngula website, among others, offering stinging criticism of those on the show.

One of those targeted was Human Genome Project Director Francis Collins, whose book, "The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief," was published only a few months ago.

"I have no idea what role Collins is going to play in this dishonest piece of trash, but I hope he is properly ashamed of being associated with it," one critic said. "Unfortunately, we're going to have to watch it to find out."

Collins explained that he had been interviewed by Coral Ridge about his book, and the taping was inserted into the program without his advance knowledge.

Then came Foxman's criticism.

"It must be remembered that D. James Kennedy is a leader among the distinct group of 'Christian Supremacists' who seek to 'reclaim America for Christ' and turn the U.S. into a Christian nation guided by their strange notions of biblical law," he said.

Coral Ridge responded with a call for "more history and less hysteria."

"When ADL National Director Abe Foxman, who has not viewed our television program, calls it 'twisted' and asserts that 'Hitler did not need Darwin to devise his heinous plan to exterminate the Jewish people,' he ignores the historical fact that Adolf Hitler was an evolutionist," the ministry group said.

"Among German historians, there's really not much debate about whether or not Hitler was a social Darwinist," said historian Richard Weikart, author of "From Darwin to Hitler" and a guest on the television special.

"The German Fuhrer, as I have consistently maintained, is an evolutionist. He has consciously sought to make the practice of Germany conform to the theory of evolution," said British evolutionist Sir Arthur Keith in the 1940s.

Even Niles Eldredge, curator at the American Museum of Natural History in New York, said there's a link.

"Social Darwinism," he wrote, "has given us the eugenics movement and some of its darker outgrowths, such as the genocidal practices of the Nazis in World War II – where eugenics was invoked as a scientific rationale to go along with whatever other 'reasons' Hitler and his fellow Nazis had for the Holocaust."

"We have had nearly 150 years of the theory of Darwinian evolution. And what has it brought us – whether Darwin intended it or not? Millions of deaths, the destruction of those deemed 'inferior,' the devaluing of human life, and increasing hopelessness,' said Kennedy.

The documentary was done to "show why evolution is a bad idea that should be discarded into the dustbin of history," according to Wikipedia.

WorldNetDaily columnist Ann Coulter also was a target for the critics who have yet to see the program.

She has, the critic contended, "no knowledge of science or history," and others on the program are nothing but "creationists."

Producer Jerry Newcomb said the show is about the social effects of Darwinism, and the bloodshed that can be attributed to those beliefs. He said before Darwin, the basic concept was that man was made in the image of God, and was therefore valuable. But Darwin changed all that.

Coulter, who also wrote the bestselling "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," said Hitler simply was taking Darwinism from the theoretical to the practical.

Note: The ADL is a staunch ally of the ACLU.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 11:39:10 AM »

Oh how Satan will scream when confronted with truth.

My comments earlier about there not being proof.  Let me ratify proofs of proof.  In the spiritual battles we fight you can easily tell how true something is based upon the type and amount of resistance you get.  Look at the broad example of evolution vs creation.  If Satan backed out of that fight then over time everyone would pretty much believe in a created universe.  And it would be much easier to believe in Jesus than anything.  But with evolution Satan has, in the minds of men, pitted God against His first "enemy", mans self.  Man putting himself above that of God.  Man placing trust in himself and not that of God.  Touche there Satan.  Shame it will not hold up to the test of time and that when Jesus comes again He will be able to extend his hand making an 'L' shape and call out "Loser!!!"
**now that would be funny and I guess it would be ROCL (Rolling on Clouds Laughing)**

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 12:16:25 PM »

**now that would be funny and I guess it would be ROCL (Rolling on Clouds Laughing)**

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the