Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:13:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Your Greatest Work
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Greatest Work  (Read 1525 times)
mpb1

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2006, 12:08:10 PM »

Your Greatest Work

"In work, in ministry, or in any other endeavor, imagine everything you've ever accomplished up to this point.  Visualize every obstacle, every failure, and every success as nothing more than preparation for what you will one day accomplish.  In one moment, one day, one week, one month, or one year, you may accomplish more - and have greater impact - than all your previous years combined.  And that one incredible season of fruitfulness would not have been possible, had it not been for all the years of toil that prepared you for your greatest work.  Particularly in service to the Kingdom of God, by His power and His indwelling Holy Spirit, always be aware that years you spend in seeming futility may one day yield a harvest of staggering proportions, not to mention eternal reward and a commendation from the King of Kings and Lord of Lords."

- W.J. Ericson

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 02:20:04 PM »

My greatest work-

Accepting the gift of salvation from my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

His greatest works in my life are my two boys and my loving wife.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 12:16:24 AM »

Hello mpb1,

WELCOME! I'm sorry that I missed your first post, so I'm welcoming you late. Most new users put their first in the "About You" area, so many of our members probably don't know that you're here.

I'm looking forward to your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 23:3 NASB  He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 08:37:27 AM »

Hello MPB welcome to Christians Unite.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Doozer
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 04:57:44 AM »

not quite sure what you are saying, but my father has a plaque hanging in his hall. not quite sure who the quote came from but I have read it many times without comment. Just often think of it and wonder.  The quote is:

NEVER BE AFRAID TO CALL YOUR WORKS YOUR OWN

Although i have been afraid to call me works my own, only to give God all the glory. I believe that our work is to believe and let our faith work itself out in us. So upon that statement... Thus far, on my journey, I think my greatest work yet is learning how to WAIT . Sounds like a small task, but for me it almost seemed insurrmountable, but I think I can almost see the summit from where I am now, opposed to where i was.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 08:04:08 AM »

HI Doozer, I don't think I have welcomed you to CU yet, please allow me to welcome you now. I pray you will find Cu a regreshing oasis. It's nice to have you with us.

I've had a plaque on my kitchen wall for many years and I don't know who's wrote it, but every time I look at it I remember who I am in Christ Jesus, the plaque reads:

As my life got tougher, my faith got stronger.

Simple yet to the point.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 04:41:00 AM »

Doozer,

Waiting upon the LORD is a hard thing to learn, and all Christians have to try over and over again to learn this. So, don't think that you're alone in wanting answers or getting something done. BUT, we always get the best for us if we pray and ask GOD what he wants for us. The Scripture is completely true that everything works out for good to those who love GOD.  It sounds like you have a very mature outlook on things, and you will do fine. This one is a hard one:  NOT what I want BUT what GOD wants for me.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Peter 3:9 NASB  The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Doozer
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 04:30:40 AM »

HI Doozer, I don't think I have welcomed you to CU yet, please allow me to welcome you now. I pray you will find Cu a regreshing oasis. It's nice to have you with us.

I've had a plaque on my kitchen wall for many years and I don't know who's wrote it, but every time I look at it I remember who I am in Christ Jesus, the plaque reads:

Simple yet to the point.

Hey airlam, that's MY plaque!!!!!!
Doozer
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 04:41:26 AM »

Simple yet to the point.

I found as my life got tougher, I learned, at the end, there was nothing I could do, except be crucified to Christ. In other words, I had to stop trying to come up with an answer, a solution, a remedy or a plan. I just had to stop with doozer, stopwith self and wait and watch and learn to expect God to do what seems best to Him.  I'm not fully there yet , but stronger.  I think we just have to yield to the waters and let them wash us away into God. I just sometimes feel I'm not doing enough for Him and when I see Him, I fear i HAVEN't done all he expects. Whatever all he expects is. thanx airlam.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the