Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:13:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Basement kids lose their mother
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Basement kids lose their mother  (Read 868 times)
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 14, 2006, 09:45:21 AM »

This past Thursday a woman I knew passed away. (Dont start praying yet)

When I was a teen myself and many other kids used to go over to her house and hang out in the basement (it was finished).  We would talk, play games, and many other things.  It kept us all off of the streets and in one place.  Even as some of us moved out of teens and into early 20's we would get together over there just about every night.  Although never in the group setting many would use drugs such as dope or alcohol. 

This woman was a kind woman for allowing her childrens friends to come and stay whenever they needed.  She opened her house to any who needed it.  She did so not as just an open flop house.  She had rules.  Your parents had to know, if you were in school you had to do your homework, and there was a curfew during the week.  There were her rules and it was her house so you either abided by them and stayed or you did not and left. 

I attended the memorial service last night and met with many of my fellow basement kids.  I got to see the legacy that 'Mom' left behind.  I do not know the state of her salvation, she was either lost or she was saved and strayed very very far away.  Although genuinely kind and keeping with the "love thy neighbor" there were many aspects of the faith she did not follow.

And looking at the blood legacy in her children, none graduated from school, one is/has been a homosexual, one is flip flop in that she was strait then gay and now strait again.  the last is married but spends more time at the bar playing darts than anything else.  The extended family (basement kids) there is but one who is a professed Christian and you are reading his post now. 

I loved her dearly like an adoptive mother.  For that is what she was.  She showed me great wisdom and kindness, and resepect from the first meeting.  I hope that she is in Heaven with Jesus right now. 

My prayers now go out to the family and the 'kids'.  Not for comfort in this time of mourning.  But for salvation.  I pray to that in the next few days that I will encounter them again that Jesus will speak through me to them and plant the seeds of true comfort.  For I know that is the only comfort they are to get is through salvation. 

Just felt the burden to share. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 10:14:48 AM »

Brother Jerry I will join you in prayer for the family, and "basement kids" for their salvation.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:43:30 AM »

Brother, what she did is a wonderful thing. My wife and I have done much the same thing for the kids in this neighborhood. Even though all my kids are grown and on their own now the neighborhood kids still come here. It is my hope and prayer that each of them find the way that they seek even though they do not know that is whom they are seeking. My heart and prayers are joined with yours for them all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the