Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Laughter (Good Medicine) (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How did we survive????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did we survive????  (Read 17196 times)
BLAD

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2006, 01:09:18 AM »

I am sharing something i receive in my e-mail.. Grin

How did we survive our childhood? WinkIf you were a kid in the 50's, 60's, 70's or even early 80's ..how did you survive your childhood?

1 .- When we were growing up we never wore seatbelts in the car, cars didn't have airbags...

2.- Riding on the back of a pick up truck was an adventure that we still remember! 

3 .- Our cribs were painted with bright colors (paint which was full of lead)

4.- We didn't have childproof medicine bottles, nor did our parents ever childproof our house

5.- When we rode our bikes we never wore a helmet.

6.- We would drink water from the faucet or from a hose in the backyard (not bottled water). 

7. - We didn't have cell phones , so our parents were never able to reach us (awesome) .

10 .- We would get scrapes, bruises, brake bones , lose teeth , but we would never sue for these accidents. ,

11.- We would eat cake, , bread and butter, , drink sugary drinks, and we weren't overweight because we were always outside playing 

12.- Four of us would share a drink, we would all drink from the same bottle and that wasn't gross nor would anyone get sick.

13 .- We didn't have Playstations, Nintendo 64, X boxes, video games
 , cable TV with over 100 channels , VCR's, surround sound , cellular phones , computers 
, online chatrooms , instead we would have tons of FRIENDS

16 .- Some of us weren't as bright as others but when one would get left back that was no big deal. They would not get taken to a psychologist, nor did they ever suffer from dyslexia, hyperactivity, ADHD, ADD, etc, they would simply repeat the grade until they passed. 

17.- We had freedom , mishaps, 
, successes, , responsibilities, 
and we would learn to deal with them. The question is...How did we survive? and above all, to become the GREAT people that we are today? . Are you from one of these generations

If you are, then send this message to others from your same generation or to others who are younger so that they can see how we survived 

They will probably say that we were very boring, but I believe that we were VERY HAPPY CHILDREN.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 01:56:29 AM »

Hey those were the good ole' days..........

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 05:18:18 AM »

I miss the good ole days.  We lived next to a feild that had a swamp.  We would come home all wet and muddy and get in trouble for filling the small swimming pool with fish, turtles, frogs and snakes.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 03:00:48 AM »

I am sharing something i receive in my e-mail.. Grin

How did we survive our childhood? WinkIf you were a kid in the 50's, 60's, 70's or even early 80's ..how did you survive your childhood?

1 .- When we were growing up we never wore seatbelts in the car, cars didn't have airbags...

2.- Riding on the back of a pick up truck was an adventure that we still remember! 

3 .- Our cribs were painted with bright colors (paint which was full of lead)

4.- We didn't have childproof medicine bottles, nor did our parents ever childproof our house

5.- When we rode our bikes we never wore a helmet.

6.- We would drink water from the faucet or from a hose in the backyard (not bottled water). 

7. - We didn't have cell phones , so our parents were never able to reach us (awesome) .

10 .- We would get scrudes, bruises, brake bones , lose teeth , but we would never sue for these accidents. ,

11.- We would eat cake, , bread and butter, , drink sugary drinks, and we weren't overweight because we were always outside playing 

12.- Four of us would share a drink, we would all drink from the same bottle and that wasn't gross nor would anyone get sick.

13 .- We didn't have Playstations, Nintendo 64, X boxes, video games
 , cable TV with over 100 channels , VCR's, surround sound , cellular phones , computers 
, online chatrooms , instead we would have tons of FRIENDS

16 .- Some of us weren't as bright as others but when one would get left back that was no big deal. They would not get taken to a psychologist, nor did they ever suffer from dyslexia, hyperactivity, ADHD, ADD, etc, they would simply repeat the grade until they passed. 

17.- We had freedom , mishaps, 
, successes, , responsibilities, 
and we would learn to deal with them. The question is...How did we survive? and above all, to become the GREAT people that we are today? . Are you from one of these generations

If you are, then send this message to others from your same generation or to others who are younger so that they can see how we survived 

They will probably say that we were very boring, but I believe that we were VERY HAPPY CHILDREN.

No Playstations? That Hard! Cry . Friend? I had some, but all of them are blind by money and\or they just used me for thier selfish reason.
To be honest, It sound great and I kinda want live that time period. Cheesy

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 07:34:33 AM »

Those sure were the days. Walking 2 miles was like walking across the street.  Grin
We didn't care what kind of bikes we had, and we took care of them ourselves, if the chain came off we would fix it, flat tires we would patch them, we sure were a lot more independent. And we used the Public Library almost everyday. The local parks were never empty. What good days.!!!!

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 11:29:29 AM »

Those sure were the days. Walking 2 miles was like walking across the street.  Grin
We didn't care what kind of bikes we had, and we took care of them ourselves, if the chain came off we would fix it, flat tires we would patch them, we sure were a lot more independent. And we used the Public Library almost everyday. The local parks were never empty. What good days.!!!!

Yep, so true. I remember walking 15 miles just so I could go horseback riding all day long and then have to walk 15 miles back home. I lived in a small city but we couldn't have horses there. The small farm where I kept them belonged to a member of my church. We had a horseback mission of sorts. We would ride our horses in all the parades. It gave us all kinds of opportunities to witness to others and it gave the teens something to do to stay out of trouble. We also had an auto repair shop set up for teens that a member of the church had donated the space and all the tools for it. Adults that needed car repairs could bring them there and we would repair them at cost only with no labor charge. Those adults that knew something about car repairs could come there also and help us by teaching us more.

We would also have a horseback and hay ride event with a chili cookoff afterwards or hotdogs roast for those that didn't want chili. We would have singing and worship services at the same time. It was usually an all day event on Saturdays.

It was really a great time in worship and fellowship.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 02:49:56 PM »

I may not be as old as some of the folks around.  But I remember taking the hikes through the woods and raising cane with my bike with the big banana seat and the chopper style handle bars with the what seemed like 4 foot sissy bar on the back....

A typical day was walking to the bus station (1/2 mile), coming home from school and finishing up the home work then some chores.  Then it was time to go out with the friends to the water hole, into the woods, or out to any one of the 4-5 forts we had scattered around.  We played Pirates of the Carribean, Army, Cops and Robbers, and many many other great games.  The best "weapon" I had was a stick that doubled as a gun, cane, crutch, and best of all a fishing pole.

The days when you could keep your front door unlocked all night long and not worry about it.  You could walk or ride your bike down the road a mile or two to the country store and get a soda (maybe a second for the walk home).  And you did not have to worry about cars hitting you, or crazies grabbing you. 

Ahhhhh those good old days.  So often do I wish my kids could grow up in a society like that.  But I know that even in the rural communities now more and more doors are locked, more and more neighbors never meet, and most of all Satan continues to prove he rules this world.

I tell you all this now.  My place in heaven will be open for one and all to drop by and have a cup of tea, coffee, or whatever and we can sit on the porch and watch the heaven go by....I would have said watch the world go by...but that would have been right Wink

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 12:48:48 AM »

I may not be as old as some of the folks around.  But I remember taking the hikes through the woods and raising cane with my bike with the big banana seat and the chopper style handle bars with the what seemed like 4 foot sissy bar on the back....

A typical day was walking to the bus station (1/2 mile), coming home from school and finishing up the home work then some chores.  Then it was time to go out with the friends to the water hole, into the woods, or out to any one of the 4-5 forts we had scattered around.  We played Pirates of the Carribean, Army, Cops and Robbers, and many many other great games.  The best "weapon" I had was a stick that doubled as a gun, cane, crutch, and best of all a fishing pole.

The days when you could keep your front door unlocked all night long and not worry about it.  You could walk or ride your bike down the road a mile or two to the country store and get a soda (maybe a second for the walk home).  And you did not have to worry about cars hitting you, or crazies grabbing you. 

SOOOOO Brother Jerry are you a Jr. Senior ?   Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 09:03:41 AM »

LOL

Yessir I guess that is what I would call it.  At 40 I am too old to do even one fourth of the things I did in my youth (without hurting myself).  Old enough to still wrestle around with my kids though....but not without some consequences at times. 

Old enough to bring up things from my youth (such as records and 8-tracks) and have my kids go "huh?".  Old enough to remember when muscle cars where muscle cars and looked darn good sucking down the gas.  Old enough to remember when regular meant leaded.  And by golly old enough to remember when you did not have to monitor what was on television or the radio, it was all pretty much good and clean. 

I remember all of that and more...but my wife complains that I can not even remember 5 items to pick up at the grocery store without a list  Grin Grin Grin

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 09:12:08 AM »

LOL

I remember all of that and more...but my wife complains that I can not even remember 5 items to pick up at the grocery store without a list  Grin Grin Grin

yup and don't forget the all famous

'honey-dos'   Grin Grin Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 10:05:44 AM »

At 40 I am too old

I'm closing in on 50, my mom called me 3 days ago.  And told me she was going to have a 50th birthday party for me. Roll Eyes  I didn't tell her she will be 70.
Old enough to bring up things from my youth (such as records and 8-tracks) and have my kids go "huh?". 

Which I still have quite a few of............ Grin
Old enough to remember when muscle cars where muscle cars and looked darn good sucking down the gas. 

And a car sounded like a car, not a wind up toy.
Old enough to remember when regular meant leaded.  And by golly old enough to remember when you did not have to monitor what was on television or the radio, it was all pretty much good and clean. 

I remember that quite well. 37 cents a gallon, when I started driving.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 10:30:27 AM »

I can remember when all gas was leaded. I thought it was outrageuos prices when I first got to California and premium was 28 cents a gallon there.

LOL  Yep and now it is a 2 block drive to the store and when I leave the house I can't remember that I was going to the store.

I don't think I've had enough coffee.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 10:34:18 AM »

I don't think I've had enough coffee.

Grin Grin Grin Grin
This is the wrong thread brother.  The "Coffee Time" thread is in You Name it. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 11:20:07 AM »

This is the wrong thread brother.  The "Coffee Time" thread is in You Name it. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Coffee goes with everything.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

(Especially with surviving.)

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 11:39:14 AM »

Coffee goes with everything.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

(Especially with surviving.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the