Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Even dead people can't escape AOL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Even dead people can't escape AOL  (Read 5565 times)
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 03:06:44 PM »

I just read everything you guys wrote and I'm thinking, great.  I have an AOL account because my sister wanted AOL so badly because all her friends have it.  A teenage thing. Roll Eyes  Now you guys have me thinking that I'm going to be 90+ years old and still be stuck with that account.  Maybe that will become a family heirloom. I'll pass that debt to my kids. LOL  Lips Sealed Undecided

Kris777, I'm sure you won't be stuck with an account that you no longer want or need. I was with AOL for over 5 years and i recently cancelled, simply because i had a better broadband deal with my cell phone provider and it was saving me £15 a month. When i did cancel AOL, i had absolutely no problem. They switched my ADSL line over to my new ISP and all charges for AOL stopped instantly. Unfortunately, AOL has gotten a bad press but this has been blown out of all proportion and mainly by people who have never used AOL and have had no dealings whatsoever with AOL. They have listened to to many people and to read to many stories, and while i do not doubt Pastor Rogers story at all, much of what is written about AOL is simply not true....If your enjoying using AOL, then keep using it. Once my present ISP deal comes to an end in 18 months time, if the terms are not favourable, i would have no hesitation in going back to AOL.

After saying all this though, i must state that i live in the UK and so i used AOL Europe, but i know the browser and software was completely the same as people in North America use. But as for customer service, i do not know if that is the same.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 06:03:15 PM »

Hello Joey,

It's great to hear from you. I'm still on a small local ISP with slow dial-up. One of these days I hope to find something faster that I can afford, but I also have a web page that's been there a long time. So, maybe I'm also making excuses to keep from doing a ton of work and moving everything. I don't know anything at all about AOL or any other providers. So, I'll probably take my time.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 66:20 NASB  Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer Nor His lovingkindness from me.

billconley32

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 05:43:34 PM »

5 years ago I used AOL. I hated it but that was all that I knew at the time. I was a newbie to the internet. Then I found NetZero, installed it and set it up. I called AOL and told them to cancel my account. they tried every ploy in the book to keep me. I finally resorted to telling them the truth, that I hated AOL and didn't like anything about it. Without any other words they canceled my account. Many times after that I still got their stupid discs. Of course they were filed in the trash can.

Jesus is Lord
Rev. Belch

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 07:27:51 PM »

I got rid of AOL too. After I got rid of them they tried to trick me into reactivating my account but I was too smart for that. Now they've got some kind of scam going where they are offering some kind of free e-mail or something but I won't get it. Sad

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the