Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:03:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Matthew 24:6 War, and rumor of war.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matthew 24:6 War, and rumor of war.  (Read 18490 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2006, 01:34:50 AM »

Iran President:Lebanon Crisis Forces Re-Evaluation Of Nuke Plan
Monday July 31st, 2006 / 0h54

TEHRAN (AP)--Iran's president on Sunday said the crisis in Lebanon has forced Tehran to re-evaluate a Western nuclear incentives package, but his country still plans to respond to the offer next month.

"Events in Lebanon affected our evaluations about...(the) package of incentives. We should review it carefully. I have asked my colleagues to review it more carefully," President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said during a news conference.

Earlier Sunday, Iran's foreign ministry warned that Tehran would abandon the package if the U.N. Security Council approves a resolution against Iran on Monday.

"If any resolution is issued against Iran tomorrow, the package would be left off the agenda by Iran," Hamid Reza Asefi told reporters. "We will definitely revise our nuclear policy."

Asefi's comments were the first official Iranian response to a draft resolution giving it until the end of August to suspend uranium enrichment or face the threat of international sanctions.

The draft was formally circulated to the full 15-member U.N. Security Council late Friday and observers said it would likely be adopted in the next week.

Asefi referred to the ongoing Israeli-Hezbollah war and said that any Security Council action against Iran "will confront the region with more tension," he said.

In a commentary Sunday, state-run radio called on Europe to exercise restraint.
"Under the international regulations, Iran has the right of achieving peaceful nuclear technology," the broadcast said.

"Iran's nuclear case is an opportunity for the international community and some Western countries to find out that managing the world in the 21st century requires laws and regulations. By resorting to double standards, one can not manage international challenges," the broadcast said.

Tehran said last week it would reply by Aug. 22 to the Western incentive package, but the council decided to go ahead with a resolution and not wait for Iran's response. Ahmadinejad said Sunday that Iran will still reply on Aug. 22.

The package includes economic incentives and a provision for the U.S. to offer Iran some nuclear technology, lift some sanctions and join direct negotiations.

The proposal also calls for Iran to impose a long-term moratorium on uranium enrichment, which can produce peaceful reactor fuel or fissile bomb material.

The U.S. and some of its allies accuse Iran of seeking nuclear weapons. Tehran maintains its program is purely peaceful and aimed at generating electricity.

Iran has said it will never give up its right under the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty to enrich uranium and produce nuclear fuel but has indicated it may temporarily suspend large-scale activities to ease tensions.

Iran President:Lebanon Crisis Forces Re-Evaluation Of Nuke Plan

Edited to change the title of this thread.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 06:19:45 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:41:32 AM »

Take this, for what it is worth.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

War council in Damascus chaired by Syrian president Bashar Assad, attended by Hizballah’s Hassan Nasrallah and senior Iranian official Ali Larijani

July 31, 2006, 8:17 AM (GMT+02:00)

Iran‘s state news agency confirmed Nasrallah’s presence in the Syrian capital “for consultations.” DEBKAfile’s military sources note that Nasrallah crossed over despite the heavy Israeli air bombardment of Lebanese-Syrian border regions. The war conference is attended also by Hamas leaders Khaled Meshaal and Mussa Abu Marzouk as well as the Palestinian Jihad Islami chief Abdallah Ramadan Shelah. The Palestinian terrorist leaders were invited in their capacity as commanders of the second front against Israel in Gaza. This anti-Israel coalition will no doubt decide on the two fronts’ next steps in their war against the “Zionist enemy.” The fact that Assad is there and the consultation is taking place in his capital indicates that he and the other participants feel confident enough to decide on a further escalation of the violence. The conference began hours after the Israeli cabinet decided against broadening the campaign against Hizballah or attacking Syria indicating that Tehran, Damascus, Hizballah and the Palestinian terrorists sensed a weakening of Israel’s resolve to fight back. This sort of soft talk from Jerusalem is not taken on trust but makes the Syrians suspect that Israel is playing a double game. Their response will be to redouble their hostilities in the very near future.

War council in Damascus, Assad, Nasrallah, & Ali Larijani

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 05:21:51 AM »

Lebanese Druze Leader Walid Jumblatt Criticizes Nasrallah and Says: "Adolf Hitler Also Aroused His People's Sense of Honor, And Led Germany into War"

Following are excerpts from an interview with Lebanese Druze leader Walid Jumblatt, which aired on Al-Mustaqbal TV on July 29, 2006.

Walid Jumblatt: Whatever happens, Hizbullah will emerge victorious. To whom will Hizbullah dedicate this victory? Will it dedicate the victory to the Lebanese state, to the honoring of international resolutions, to the Taif Agreement? Or will it dedicate it to the Syrian regime, the Syrian-Iranian axis, in which case we will become scorched earth, annexed to Syria and Iran? Each of these countries wants, with this abduction, to negotiate with America over the remains of the Lebanese homeland.

[...]

I do not think all the residents of South Lebanon want to be displaced every ten years.

[...]

There is no honor without liberty. Honor is meaningless without liberty. Honor is meaningless without democracy. Honor is meaningless without diversity. Honor is meaningless without a free press. Honor is meaningless without pluralism and respect for other opinions. In such a case, honor is meaningless. These are the conditions for honor, not just fighting, missiles, martyrdom, and acts of bravery. No.

It does not come to us from the theories of several intellectuals. Noam Chomsky, because of his hatred for the Bush administration, comes from America, from Yale or Columbia University, in order to present his theory about the weapons of Hizbullah. Great. But I say to Noam Chomsky today: Our country is in flames. One of those people, an Israeli Knesset member, who enjoys the so-called "democracy" of Israel, presents his theory on how Syria cannot be separated from Iran (sic), but he does not care that at least two-thirds of the Lebanese people want freedom and independence, and to preserve this pluralistic model, which is one of a kind throughout the Arab and Islamic world.

[...]

There can be no honor associated with a fascist regime like the Syrian regime, or, to be more precise, there can be no honor associated with a regime which is semi-divine, like the Iranian regime.

Interviewer: You are referring to the principle of the rule of the jurisprudent.

Walid Jumblatt: I don't want to go into jurisprudent theories... Ultimately, there were civilized peoples... I don't want to make a comparison, but Adolf Hitler also aroused his people's sense of honor, and led Germany into war.

[...]

Only an international force in the South could help the Lebanese army extend the sovereignty and rule, and enforce the cease-fire. At the same time, the weapons of the resistance would be incorporated into this army. This will be the beginning of independence of a renewed, respectable Lebanon, after 2000.

Interviewer: But of course, there will be no deployment of international forces if any side is opposed.

Walid Jumblatt: In addition, I tell you with all honesty, if the Syrian regime, with its unique and non-unique methods, insists on keeping the Lebanese-Syrian border open, this international force will be worthless.

[...]

Personally, I support the two-state solution - in other words, a Palestinian state in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, the return of the refugees in accordance with Resolution 194, Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine, and the dismantling of the separation wall and of the settlements. That is the solution. That is the solution that would maintain... But for us, in Lebanon, to enter a general war of liberation, and watch our neighbors enjoy prosperity at the expense of Lebanon's destruction - allow me to say that I view this approach as unacceptable condescension.

[...]

[Bashar Al-Assad] will desperately try to bring Lebanon to a state of anarchy, if he can. I remember that two weeks ago or more, he said that Lebanon has become a base for Al-Qaeda. In other words, there is a possibility that if his efforts to reach a settlement and to get closer to America fail, he might send to Lebanon - just like he sent to Iraq - the so-called "martyrdom-seekers," whom I call "suicide bombers," because they killed without discriminating between American soldiers, Shiites, Sunnis, and Christians. They made no discrimination. He might do this. He sent a messenger to Saudi Arabia, four days before going there himself. This messenger, a high-ranking officer, said to one of the princes, in charge of internal security in Saudi Arabia: "We fear that you will suffer terrorist attacks. If you want, we can help you." That is regarding Al-Qaeda... In other words, he threatened them indirectly. .

[...]

Iran responded to the Security Council and to the G-8 in St. Petersburg, through Lebanon. It sent them a clear message: if you want to pressure us on the nuclear issue - go ahead America, try to defend Israel, which is, ultimately, the 53rd state.

Lebanese Druze Leader Walid Jumblatt Criticizes Nasrallah and Says: "Adolf Hitler Also Aroused His People's Sense of Honor, And Led Germany into War"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is anyone else reading this the same way, I am?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 05:59:09 AM »

I have a funny feeling that we will be hearing from Russia, real soon.  As y'all know Russia has been going back to a communist state.  Lets take a look at, Ezekiel 38:3-4.

Ezekiel 38:3-4 And say, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, chief prince (ruler) of Rosh, of Meshech, and of Tubal.  4 And I will turn you back and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you forth and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them handling swords--

Russia has had her freedom, to hear the Word.  And now, she has been going back to her communist state.  Least I pray, I am reading this situation correctly.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 06:06:19 AM »

According to current laws, amending Article 81 of the constitution to allow Putin to run for a third term.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russian Voters Want Putin to Run for 3rd Term

Created: 08.06.2006 10:15 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 16:19 MSK

MosNews

Fifty-nine percent of Russians believe the constitution should be changed to allow President Vladimir Putin to run for a third term, the Reuters news agency reported, citing a latest public opinion survey by the Levada Center.

The law requires Putin to step down when his second term ends in 2008 and he insists that is what he will do. But that has not dampened feverish speculation that the popular Kremlin chief may decide to stay on.

The survey by the Levada Centre polling organization also found that only 11 percent of those it interviewed were strongly against Putin, a trim 53-year-old, running for a third term.

The 59 percent that said they wanted Putin — accused in the West of backtracking on democratic reform — to stay on, compared to 44 percent in a poll by the same group in September 2005.

Investors who have benefited from an economic upturn under Putin say the question of who will be in the Kremlin in two years’ time is the biggest single factor of uncertainty in Russia’s investment climate. “The Russian people are disinclined to let Putin go,” the Levada Centre said in a commentary on its website www.levada.ru.

The poll showed that if Putin stood in a presidential election now he would take 32 percent of the vote while his nearest rival, Communist Party leader Gennady Zyuganov, would take four percent. If Putin steps down, analysts say, his most likely replacement will be a Kremlin insider endorsed by him.

Rival Kremlin factions are jockeying for their candidates to be chosen. Commentators see First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov as likely choices. Some analysts say there is an influential lobby in Putin’s entourage trying to persuade him to stay on. Backers of a third term for Putin say it will bring political stability and continuity for investors.

Those benefits, they say, will outweigh the risk that Western governments will accuse the Kremlin of tinkering with the constitution in order to cling to power.

Levada Centre said it interviewed people in 128 population centers across Russia for its poll in late May, but did not give the size of the sample.

Russian Voters Want Putin to Run for 3rd Term

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 02:26:44 PM »

Iran 'ready to play responsible role' to end ME

Monday, July 31, 2006 - ©2005 IranMania.com

Archived Picture - Iran said that it was a "responsible country" that was ready to support calls for a ceasefire in fighting between Israel and Lebanon's Hezbollah, AFP reported. But Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi also said that "besides asking Iran for help, the world should pressure the United States to stop the 'Zionist' regime's crimes".

LONDON, July 31 (IranMania) - Iran said that it was a "responsible country" that was ready to support calls for a ceasefire in fighting between Israel and Lebanon's Hezbollah, AFP reported.

But Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi also said that "besides asking Iran for help, the world should pressure the United States to stop the 'Zionist'  regime's crimes".

"As a responsible country we are ready to play our part," Asefi said, adding that "the ''Zionist' ' regime is desperate for a gracious ceasefire".

Shiite Muslim-dominated Iran is Hezbollah's main international supporter, although the Islamic republic insists it only provides "moral support" to the movement.

Since the Israeli attack on Lebanon began on July 12, Tehran has been festooned with posters of Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah.

Israel and Western governments have also stepped up their allegations that Iran finances and arms the group.

"We have not and will not send forces to Lebanon," Asefi said. "We have not provided the Lebanese resistance with arms. We are very transparent: our aid is political and humanitarian."

On Saturday, Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei feted Nasrallah as the "people's favourite person all over the world".

His comments coincided with Nasrallah vowing to attack cities in the centre of Israel and declaring that the Jewish state had failed to win any military victory after days of bloody clashes with his Shiite militant group.

Iran 'ready to play responsible role' to end ME

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 02:29:08 PM »

Iran should 'prepare' to fight Israel, US: Safavi

Monday, July 31, 2006 - ©2005 IranMania.com

The head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards called on his troops to "prepare themselves to get even" with Israel and the United States, the semi-official Fars news agency reported. "Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guards and Basij should prepare themselves to get even with 'Zionist' s and Americans," General Yahya Rahim Safavi was quoted as saying.

LONDON, July 31 (IranMania) - The head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards called on his troops to "prepare themselves to get even" with Israel and the United States, the semi-official Fars news agency reported.

"Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guards and Basij should prepare themselves to get even with 'Zionist' s and Americans," General Yahya Rahim Safavi was quoted as saying.

"The supreme leader will announce the time for this," he said, referring to Iran's top cleric and commander-in-chief Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

It was not clear if the comments represented the latest shot in what Iranian officials describe as an ongoing "psychological war" with Israel and the United States, or the public revelation of an actual order for Iranian troops to mobilise for war.

"We have to keep this sacred hatred of the enemies of Islam alive in our hearts until the time of revenge comes," the general was quoted as saying.

"I hope our nation can one day avenge the blood of innocent people in Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq and Afghanistan," he said, adding: "I ask God to arouse the dignity of Muslims and destroy America, Israel and their associates."

"I hope the clerical leaders in the Islamic world clarify the duty of Muslims against Israel," he also said.

The Revolutionary Guards Corps was set up in the wake of the 1979 revolution to defend the Islamic republic from "internal and external threats" and played a leading role in the 1980-88 war with Iraq.

The force is now one of Iran's most powerful institutions, and under direct command of the supreme leader. The Basij, which according to official figures has some nine mln adherents, is a volunteer militia attached to the Revolutionary Guards.

Iran should 'prepare' to fight Israel, US: Safavi

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 06:12:45 PM »

Syrian group claims it attacked Israel
New organization says it will stage more assaults against Jewish state
Posted: July 31, 2006
5:44 p.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

TEL AVIV – A group claiming to operate out of Syria took credit today for what it said was an attack against Israeli troops operating near the Syria-Israel border, according to a source in Syrian President Bashar Assad's Ba'ath party.

The claim preceded statements from Assad today warning Syria would not be deterred from helping Lebanon.

The group, calling itself the Front for the Liberation of the Golan, faxed a letter to Ba'ath party officials stating it planted a roadside bomb that targeted an Israeli army jeep today, killing one Israeli soldier.

A spokesman for the Israeli Defense Forces said no soldiers were killed or injured today near the Israel-Syrian border.

A mine did reportedly explode on the Syrian side of the border, but no injuries were reported among Israeli troops. It wasn't clear what caused the explosion. Military officials have warned the past few weeks Hezbollah may fire into Syria in attempts to draw Damascus into a confrontation with Israel.

Israel is operating in select areas close to the Syrian border at positions near Mount Hermon and the Golan Heights. Israeli officials say the Syrian army has been placed on high alert along the border with Israel and Lebanon, but it hasn't staged any attacks.

Israel captured the Golan Heights, a strategic mountainous territory, after Syria used the terrain to attack the Jewish state in 1967 and again in 1973. It borders Israel, Syria and Lebanon.

Israeli security officials said they had no information about the Front for the Liberation of the Golan.

The Ba'ath party official told WND the Front formed last month and will attempt attacks against Israelis. The official said the group claims to consist of "hundreds" of Syrian volunteers, many from the Syrian border with Turkey.

The claim by the Front was followed by statements today from Assad in which he instructed the Syrian army to "be prepared for all scenarios because we believe that falling for the sake of heaven (martyrdom) is the only way to freedom and victory.

"Syria, which stood by its brother (Lebanon) and sacrificed martyrs to defend Lebanon's freedom as we did for Syria's sovereignty, remains as always adamant in standing by our Arab people who's fighting in Lebanon and Palestine, and by the bold national resistance who struck the enemy. All threats voiced by powers in the world who support t he enemy won't deter us from continuing to support our brothers."

Syria, along with Iran, is a primary sponsor of Hezbollah. Israel says Syria has been allowing weaponry, including thousands of rockets, to be transported from its borders to Hezbollah in Lebanon. The leaders of Palestinian terror groups, including Hamas and Islamic Jihad, operate openly from Damascus.

Syria is also accused by the U.S. of allowing insurgents to cross through its borders to attack American troops in Iraq. There have been reports of Syria providing weapons and intelligence information to the insurgents.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, Defense Minister Amir Peretz and IDF Chief of Staff Dan Halutz have stated dozens of times since the Jewish state started its military campaign against Hezbollah July 12 that Israel has no intention of acting against Syria.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 06:19:39 PM »

Raise readiness, Assad tells Syrian Army
Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:27pm ET135

DAMASCUS (Reuters) - Syrian President Bashar al-Assad told the Syrian military on Monday to raise its readiness, pledging not to abandon support for Lebanese resistance against Israel.

"We are facing international circumstances and regional challenges that require caution, alert, readiness and preparedness," Assad said.

"The barbaric war of annihilation the Israeli aggression is waging on our people in Lebanon and Palestine is increasing in ferocity," Assad said in a written address on the occasion of the 61st anniversary of the foundation of the Syria Arab Army.

Diplomats in Damascus say the Syrian army has been on alert since the Israeli onslaught on Lebanon began on July 12 after Hizbollah fighters captured two Israeli soldiers in a cross-border operation.

Raise readiness, Assad tells Syrian Army

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 06:30:21 PM »

I find it interesting that each of these groups that are attacking Israel or getting ready to do so are those same groups that are amongst the Gog/Magog group and they are also the ones that have stated they want the Caliphate resurrected.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 06:44:59 PM »

I find it interesting that each of these groups that are attacking Israel or getting ready to do so are those same groups that are amongst the Gog/Magog group and they are also the ones that have stated they want the Caliphate resurrected.

As you know, with me it is no suprise.  I'll dig my list out later, and post the Biblical names, and modern names of these places later on today.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 07:11:40 PM »

Assad: We won't be deterred from helping Lebanon

In statement issued on 61st anniversary of establishment of Syrian army Assad says Damascus won't be deterred from helping Lebanon; military put on high alert
Roee Nahmias

Syrian President Bashar Assad put the Syrian army on high alert in anticipation of any developments. In a statement issued to mark the army's 61st anniversary Assad said Syria will not be deterred from helping Lebanon.

"The occupying enemy hasn't forgotten the humiliating defeat and its submissive exit from south Lebanon under the strikes bold resistance," the statement read.

"Syria, which stood by its brother (Lebanon) and sacrificed martyrs to defend Lebanon's freedom as we did for Syria's sovereignty, remains as always adamant in standing by our Arab people who's fighting in Lebanon and Palestine, and by the bold national resistance who struck the enemy. All threats voiced by powers in the world who support t he enemy won't deter us from continuing to support our brothers," he said.

'Israel lies about facts on the ground'

Assad called on the army to be prepared for all scenarios "because we believe that falling for the sake of heaven (martyrdom) is the only way to freedom and victory. We have to make all effort in training to save every drop of blood when the hour comes. The fighting continues so long our land is occupied and our rights are denied. Victory will be achieved God willing."

Assad said that this year's anniversary comes at time when "the Israeli enemy continues its extermination war against our proud peoples in Lebanon and Palestine. Our brothers in Lebanon are being subjected to aggression by the Israeli war machine from the air, the sea and the ground," Assad said.

"The aggression, killing and destruction committed by the Israelis in Lebanon are part of an operation that was planned and organized by the large forces dominating the international community," he said.

Assad said Israel lies about facts on the ground in order to cover its losses against Hizbullah, as it does against Palestinian groups in the West Bank and Gaza.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 07:18:57 PM »

Come to Daddy, Baby Assad................ Grin

This is perfect for Israel, make no mistake. Exploiting the usual media speculation which overhypes Hizbollah and understates Israel's superiority.

Let's be clear, any agressive move by Syria will result in them being smashed. No army, no air force, nada. Suddenly the Iraq venture is being seen in its proper strategic light, as it has split Syria and Iran from each other.

Assad has been playing the arab street and is steadily losing face doing nothing while Hizbollah is slowly being crushed. Sooner or later, probably sooner. Hiz will run out of rockets and men. That much is certain. If Baby Assad is smart, he will stay out of the conflict and accept the loss of Lebanon and his proxy. But he aint smart and therefore I expect he will fall straight into Israel's hands.  Though the Bible tells us, this will happen.  Cheesy

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 07:22:10 PM »

Come to Daddy, Baby Assad................ Grin

This is perfect for Israel, make no mistake. Exploiting the usual media speculation which overhypes Hizbollah and understates Israel's superiority.

Let's be clear, any agressive move by Syria will result in them being smashed. No army, no air force, nada. Suddenly the Iraq venture is being seen in its proper strategic light, as it has split Syria and Iran from each other.

Assad has been playing the arab street and is steadily losing face doing nothing while Hizbollah is slowly being crushed. Sooner or later, probably sooner. Hiz will run out of rockets and men. That much is certain. If Baby Assad is smart, he will stay out of the conflict and accept the loss of Lebanon and his proxy. But he aint smart and therefore I expect he will fall straight into Israel's hands.  Though the Bible tells us, this will happen.  Cheesy

Not soon enough for me Brother Wink

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 07:28:44 PM »

'This war is our war'
Iran 'mentally, spiritually' readying for war on Israel

Gary Dimmock
The Ottawa Citizen

Saturday, July 29, 2006

A former CSIS informant who once kept tabs on terrorists says the Iranian regime is "mentally and spiritually" preparing its people for war against Israel.

The Ottawa man, now in Tehran, says the hate campaign against Israel is "everywhere" on the streets of the capital.

"It is not good. It is sad," he told the Citizen.

"There are posters at intersections of (Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah) saying Israel must be erased from the map."

Opponents of the Iranian government in Canada say they have received similar reports describing huge posters of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, hardline president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the Hezbollah leader alongside the slogan: "This war is our war."

"I had some reports where people said that they do not care what the government of Iran wants to do," said Shahram Golestaneh, president of Committee for Defence of Human Rights in Iran. "They are concerned about the possibility of more bloodshed in the Middle East and (concerned) that the government uses all Iran's money to help fight against Israel by its own Hezbollah."

Iran, which backs Hezbollah, has repeatedly denied Israeli claims that it also arms the organization established in the 1980s to combat Israeli forces.

"Our support has been spiritual. If we had military support, we would announce it. ... We don't have any hidden business," ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi said on state-run television yesterday, a day after U.S. President George W. Bush sharply criticized Iran's role in the bloody fighting.

"They don't have any right to tell us why Iran supports Hezbollah at all. The question is, why do they support Israel?" Mr. Asefi said.

Responding to statements from top Israeli officials that the fighting could continue for several weeks, Mr. Bush said Thursday that Iran is connected to Hezbollah, and now was the "time for the world to confront this danger."

John Bolton, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, also has alleged that Iranians are Hezbollah's "paymasters, and they're calling the tune."

He estimated that Iran contributes $100 million annually to the Shia Islamic militants, who have supplanted Lebanon's central government as the effective political and military force in the southern region bordering Israel.

Yesterday, the 17th day of the conflict which began after Hezbollah crossed the border and captured two Israeli soldiers, Hezbollah launched a new kind of rocket that made its deepest strike into Israel yet.

"With this, the Islamic Resistance begins a new stage of fighting, challenge and confrontation with a strong determination and full belief in God's victory," Hezbollah said in a statement.

The militants said they used the new Khaibar-1 to strike the Israeli town of Afula, but Israel said the Khaibar-1 rockets were renamed, Iranian-made Fajr-5s. They have four times the power and range of Katyusha rockets, making them able to hit Tel Aviv's northern outskirts.

Iran is also believed to have supplied Hezbollah with up to 120 of the Fajr-5 and the somewhat shorter-range Fajr-3.

Earlier this week, about 60 Iranian volunteers left the country with the hopes of joining Hezbollah in the war against Israel. They called it a holy war, were unarmed and hoped to gain entry to Lebanon from Syria.

According to Mr. Golestaneh, some Iranian dissidents were pleased to see the militants, ranging in age from teens to grandfathers, leave the country.

"In one instance," according to the human rights worker "one person said 'In fact I rather they send all their loyalists to the war so we can breathe more easily.' ''

The human rights group also had reports from one source on the ground who said: "Every time there is an outside war, the level of repression inside also increases dramatically to kill any type of dissent."

In the past few days, according to the Canadian-based human rights group, the Iranian government has condemned 10 people to death.

Earlier this week, the Iranian president, who publicly denied the Holocaust last year, said Israel ordained its own destruction.

Mr. Ahmadinejad told clerical staff in Tehran that Israel and its supporters "should know that they cannot end the business that they have begun."

"The occupying regime of Palestine has actually pushed the button of its own destruction by launching a new round of invasion and barbaric onslaught on Lebanon," the president said, Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

Dan Gillerman, Israel's ambassador to the United Nations, responded by asking the world to listen to the Iranian president's words.

"President Ahmadinejad is a very dangerous and very destabilizing force in this world. He is a person who denies the Holocaust while very diligently preparing the next one," Mr. Gillerman told reporters in New York.

'This war is our war'

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the