Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:48:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Mel Gibson's "true self" - I hate satan.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mel Gibson's "true self" - I hate satan.  (Read 3807 times)
poemofhis

Hi.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 30, 2006, 07:12:58 PM »

so. read this.

Gibson arrest sparks new accusations of anti-Semitism Sun Jul 30, 1:59 PM ET

The arrest of Mel Gibson for drunk driving prompted renewed accusations on Sunday that the Oscar-winning director and actor harbored anti-Semitic feelings.

Gibson, whose controversial 2004 film "The Passion of the Christ" was a major hit, was arrested in the early hours of Friday morning for allegedly driving his 2006 Lexus at 87 mph (140 kph) along the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, the beach town north of Los Angeles.

Celebrity Web site TMZ.com posted portions of what it called the arresting deputy's original report, which said Gibson was abusive, shouted anti-Jewish slurs and boasted that he "owned Malibu."

The TMZ report quoted Gibson as saying, "F..... Jews. The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." He then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

Gibson issued a statement on Saturday in which he apologized for driving while drunk and for his "belligerent behavior" toward the Los Angeles County deputy sheriffs who arrested him.

In his statement the 50-year-old actor said he has "battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

He added: "I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable."

The Anti-Defamation League said in a statement on Sunday that Gibson's response was "unremorseful and insufficient" and that his tirade "finally reveals his true self."

Many Jews and others were upset that "The Passion of the Christ" revived ancient Christian accusations that Jews bore responsibility for Jesus' death.

"It's not a proper apology because it does not go to the essence of his bigotry and his anti-Semitism," said ADL national director Abraham Foxman.

"We would hope that Hollywood now would realize the bigot in their midst and that they will distance themselves from this anti-Semite," he said.

The Los Angeles Times reported on Sunday that a civilian committee overseeing the sheriff's department would investigate whether officers tried to cover up Gibson's behavior and statements to save the star from embarrassment.

Gibson rocketed to fame in the late 1970s in the movie "Mad Max" and scored huge box office hits playing a cop in the "Lethal Weapon" movies.

In 1995, he acted in and directed "Braveheart," about 13th century Scottish rebel William Wallace. The movie earned 10 Oscar nominations and won five of the top film awards, including directing for Gibson and best picture of the year.

Thoughts?
I'll be right back to comment after I puke.

poemofhis

Hi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 09:03:54 PM »

Ok. Im back.

This makes me so sad. Do you see satan all over this? I mean. I haven't researched what Mel said but I definitely continue to see the attach he's come under for making an AMAZING film. I think people who don't believe in Christ have this really sad desire to see Christians fail or fall. When they mention Mel's "true self" as support for tearing down the film again it just made my heart hurt. I'm not even sure what else to say right now....

My heart just aches for the this world we live in.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 09:18:48 PM »

Mel Gibson is just a man and as such he is capable of falling into the same sin traps as anyone else. Unfortunately many people will judge his films, no matter what their content, by his actions. Whether Jewish people like it or not it was a group of Jews that wanted Jesus Christ dead and it was a group of Romans that carried it out. This is fact. It is also fact that Jesus would have gone to the cross no matter what those two groups did or did not, it was the plan of God.

I agree that satan will use anything of this nature to attempt to further his plan. Praise God we know the final outcome.

If Mel Gibson did say those things and meant them then he does have some issues that he needs to get straight with God but then so do many others.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
poemofhis

Hi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 09:29:20 PM »

I agree that satan will use anything of this nature to attempt to further his plan. Praise God we know the final outcome.

Amen.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 04:52:26 AM »

Reactions mixed to Mel Gibson's outburst
'We are all fallen and we all need forgiveness'

There's war in the Mideast. Terrorism has hit Seattle. But people over the world are talking about Mel Gibson's weekend outburst during a drunk-driving arrest in Malibu.

Gibson reportedly shouted at arresting officers: "All the wars in the world are caused by Jews," and then asked the officer, "You a Jew?"

Ted Baehr, chairman of the Christian Film and Television and publisher of Movieguide, said while Gibson’s behavior is shocking, his apology should be taken to heart. "Mel's behavior was shocking. However, he was very quick to repent and ask for forgiveness. No one is infallible."

While some of Gibson's fans still doubt the legitimacy of the story in the entertainment press, many movie-goers have crossed him off of their list. Some agents in the film industry, such as Ari Emanuel, are even asking for a boycott against working with Gibson, as Hollywood debates whether his career is over due to the shameful anti-Semitic remarks he is accused of making.

Emanuel issued a statement saying, "At a time of escalating tensions in the world, the entertainment industry cannot idly stand by and allow Mel Gibson to get away with such tragically inflammatory statements." He continued, "People in the entertainment community, whether Jew or Gentile, need to demonstrate that they understand how much is at stake in this by professionally shunning Mel Gibson and refusing to work with him, even if it means a sacrifice to their bottom line."

Rabbi Marvin Heir, dean and founder of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, asked ABC to re-evaluate plans for a mini-series Gibson is filming about two lovers who are trapped in the Holocaust. Heir said having the actor star in a film about the Holocaust would be "embarrassing."

In his statement released Saturday, Gibson attributed his anti-Semitic outburst to a drinking problem that has plagued him for many years.

"I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse," he said. "I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

"The charitable view is that Gibson didn't really mean the things he said and he was just drunk," said John Gibson of Fox News. "If that is the defense from the Gibson camp, the next step is a prominent rehab clinic and a nice long stay."

This is not the first time Mel Gibson has been in trouble with the law for drinking and driving. He is reported to have pled guilty to a DUI conviction in 1984. While in Toronto filming "Mrs. Soffel," he ran a red light and struck a car, incurring a $240 fine.

Michael Levine, an agent who has represented Michael Jackson and Charlton Heston, said, "It's a nuclear disaster for him. I don't see how he can restore himself."

In his statement, Gibson said, "I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything said, and I apologize to anyone who I have offended."

Several groups are outraged that Gibson did not specifically mention Jews in his statement. Instead, he made an effort to patch things up with deputies of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Bonnie Erbe of Scripps News said, "Thanks for the apology, Mel. But on behalf of my people, most if not all of us don't accept. Yes, your words, deeds and thoughts were 'despicable.' But we all know in vino, veritas. Drunken tirades are filled with truths that sobriety gives bigots the control and presence of mind to mask."

Baehr takes the most charitable point of view: "We are all fallen and we all need forgiveness. Mel is certainly no exception."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 09:00:04 AM »

'We are all fallen and we all need forgiveness'
AMEN!

No one is a perfect Christian, some of us make ( sin ) big mistates.. some little..but we are told that ...

1 John 1:7 
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Matthew 18:21
Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Until seven times?"

Galatians 3:22
But the Scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

And there is plenty more in that Wonderful book.............

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 09:12:40 AM »

AMEN PR and Tina!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 10:01:14 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I really don't know what the true feelings are of Mel Gibson.

What I do know is that the devil loves to attack all of us with everything in his arsenal. Drugs and alcohol are definitely in that arsenal, along with many other things that draw attention to the depravity of man instead of the glories of God. We are all in the same boat and can only rise above the depravity by the Grace of God and HIS continual help.

So, I think that we should all say, there but by the Grace of God go I, even when we think about murderers going to the execution chamber. We are forgiven only by the blood of JESUS, and we are worthy of nothing except a death sentence apart from HIM. So, I will forgive Mel Gibson, and I respect him for admitting his guilt so quickly and asking for forgiveness. There are many people who never admit anything wrong to other people or to God. I think this is simply another example of our desperate need of a Saviour and forgiveness.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 3:11-13 NASB  This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him. Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 08:13:10 AM »

Amen Beps, Mel Gibson was critizied for his great film the Passion and now he is being critizied for this. The bottom line is that if you are a Christian you will be critized by unbelievers not matter what you do.

I for one admire Mel Gibson for his quickness to repent and publicly ask forgiveness, and even go a step further, and put himself in a rehabilitation program, that alone proves he is a much better person than his accusers.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 06:03:52 PM »

Mel Gibson has Israeli bodyguard 
Actor's publicity agent also Jewish

Mel Gibson may have a problem with Jews — they’re responsible for all the wars, they’ve inflated the number of dead in the Holocaust, etc.

But Gibson likes one Jewish person a lot. His personal bodyguard for more than a decade turns out to be an Israeli.

Avi Korein, 45, is a name you don’t hear very often. That’s because Korein is famous for being nearly invisible and staying in the background.

A former nightclub bouncer, Korein worked through the '80s as Bruce Willis’ muscle. He even picked up a few minor screen credits along the way.

But sometime before 1996, Korein went to work for Gibson.

Now Korein has his own agency, Screen International Security Services, which has done private security over the years for a lot of Hollywood stars, including Will Smith, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise.

But sources tell me that it’s Korein — who did not return calls from this column — upon whom Gibson has relied over the last decade to keep him out of trouble.

It’s ironic, since Korein is Jewish. But so is Gibson’s publicist.

Korein — who is also rumored to have once been in the Mossad — or Israeli CIA — has his own inner conflicts to deal with.

In 2002 he made a $500 donation to the National Republican Congressional Committee. In 2004, however, he gave money to John Kerry’s presidential run.

Is he a Democrat or a Republican? More importantly, is he even a U.S. citizen?

Korein’s assistant would only say, “I can’t answer any questions,” when I posed that last one. She did, however, acknowledge that her boss works for Gibson.

Gibson, however odd a client for Korein, might take some of his advice. On the Web site for SISS, Korein states: “We realize that 'perception is reality.' How our clients are perceived by the public can impact corporate, diplomatic or personal objectives positively or negatively.”

Those are words Gibson might have taken to heart a while ago.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 12:04:37 AM »

Amen Beps, Mel Gibson was critizied for his great film the Passion and now he is being critizied for this. The bottom line is that if you are a Christian you will be critized by unbelievers not matter what you do.

I for one admire Mel Gibson for his quickness to repent and publicly ask forgiveness, and even go a step further, and put himself in a rehabilitation program, that alone proves he is a much better person than his accusers.

I agree with what you say. 

It did disapoint me when I found out what happened.  But I do realize that he is just a person and will make mistakes.  I feel that he is being attacked more for being a Christian and like you said for his film.  If this was any other celebrity then I feel this story would be done and over with.  I feel that this is a example of to why we as Christians need to watch how we live our lives because nonbeleivers are ready to pounce at any little stumble we make.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 12:44:58 AM »

I feel that this is a example of to why we as Christians need to watch how we live our lives because nonbeleivers are ready to pounce at any little stumble we make.
AMEN Kris, well said!!

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 04:28:42 AM »

Amen Kris, this is also an example of why we must always pray for each other too. You see we not only have enemies that we can see but we have the unseen enemies too. satan and his host of demonic spirits.
Christians are still humans, redeemed, but still human. We all have to fight our own flesh and put it to death each and every day. The spirit is willing but the flesh is fighting all the way. And then you throw in the daily pressures of this life and before you know it we are carried away. We all need to remain strong and we all need to pray for the Body of Christ. We are the Body.

Truely we are not of this world.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
danielleenbody

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 05:02:33 PM »

You know what is so funny (not really). If this was someone like Nick Nolte or Robert Downey Jr., people would have probably chuckled and turned there head- but because it was someone who made such a wonderful film in our eyes - certaim people were just waiting for him to fail. Then there are some people who consider him a hypocrite for being so drunk - but like someone said before, he is just a man who is tempted by the same evils that we are. People are so easy to point the finger. I have to admit if Marilyn Manson had done it, I would probably judge him and dislike him even more than I already do.....
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 02:53:38 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I don't claim to understand much at all, and I certainly to know what the magic formula is for the media in determining who to treat gently and who to crucify.

I think I'm right when I say there was a hate killing of a Jew on the same day as this incident. I think that the killing was in Washington state, but it barely got any attention compared to the words of Gibson while he was drunk.

I do know for sure that we can't depend on newspapers and television to give us the truth in news. Everyone appears to have a political agenda now and hate clouds everything. The biggest example of this right now is our Congress. It's do something for the party instead of doing something for the people, and it's the worst that I've ever seen. It's sickening, and it appears that people trying to do what's right and be honest are chewed up and spit out.

Maybe one of the biggest factors right now is a huge war between the things of GOD and the things of the devil. Call me simple, but I think that's what we are watching.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:28 NASB  For You light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darkness.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the